Author Topic: A&K SR-25  (Read 1000 times)

Offline AZsharpshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
A&K SR-25
« on: November 03, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
A&K SR-25 Review
By AZsharpshooter

First Impressions

When I first recieved my gun it came in the normal packaging with nice artwork.

Then when I opened the box I was happy to see what it came with, It had the gun, Metal hicap Magizine, ABS foregrip, small phillps head screwdriver with a magnetic tip, also a 9.6v battery and charger, and the cleaning rod.

Appearence/ Build quaility

The stock of this gun is made of a strong ABS plastic, its not a shinny plastic either. The upper and lower recievers are made of metal as well as the RIS rails on the gun. The outer Barrel is a strong metal. All of the metal seems to be of good quailtiy. The sling mount is really strong as well. The selector switch snaps into place really well. The Flip up sights are also made of metal and are also very solid. This gun weighs in at 10lbs with the scope, silencer and magizine in/on it. There are no wobles on this gun at all, this gun its extremlly solid. No rattling or shaking metal parts on the gun and no creeks in the stock.

Heres a picture looking down at the Iron sights.

This gun comes with a QD silencer, this is also full metal. It works really well and stays inplace.

The Battery is placed into the butt stock of this rifle. There is plenty of room for larger batterys. The only negative about this part of the gun is that its a small type connector for the battery. The trap door is really solid, its full metal.

The charging handle works, it releases the dust cover and also reveals the hopup.

The metal hicap magizine holds about 400 BBs and it feeds very well.

The Internals
The gearbox is full metal, Its a version 2 but its a little longer than a normal version 2. It comes with metal bushings, a high torque motor, ball bearing metal spring guide. the piston and the cylinder are longer than the normal length, it comes with a m130 spring stock. The hopup is full metal, and the barrel is 509mm long, but when you put the silencer on you have enough room to place a 650mm barrel. The only bad thing about this gun is that its not compatible with G&G parts. Sorry but I don't have any pictures.

Preformance
This gun is very accurate at about 120 feet. I was able to put all of my shots with 7 inches. On the poor mans chrono I was easily able to shoot through the bottom of the can with .20 gram BBs, when I shot at the bottom edge It left a huge dent but didn't make it all the way through. I would say that this gun shoots at about 400 FPS, With .25 gram BBs it was shooting at 360 FPS. This gun does have full auto allthough I wouldn't recommend that you use it, The rate of Fire also isn't very good when on full auto. Sorry no pictures of the test's yet.

Uprades
I reccomend that you get a 650mm tight bore barrel. It also wouldn't hurt to put better parts into the gun to make it last longer. The only internal upgrade parts that I have found that work with this gun are Classic Army parts and G&P parts, please note that G&G parts are not compatible with this gun. I would also reccomend a Scope and a Bipod.

Pros & Cons
Pros
Full metal
Extremely Solid
Good internals for a Clone
Metal Bushing
Ball Bearing Metal Spring Guide
High torque motor
Stock 9.6v Battery
QD Silencer
Out of the Box FPS
Only $200

Cons
Not compatible with G&G parts/ magizines
Full auto on what should be a semi auto only gun
Weight for some people as well as length

Overall
If you would like to have a nice budget SR-25 this is a great choice. I would reccomend that you use .25 gram BBS or .28 gram BBs to increase the accuracy and range. The only real bad thing is the price for magizines, a single Midcap will run you about $28 for each one. Overall Im very pleased with this great weapon its worth every cent.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »