Author Topic: Echo 1 Contracotrs Personal Weapon (CPW)  (Read 1558 times)

Offline ColinBT1994

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Echo 1 Contracotrs Personal Weapon (CPW)
« on: November 20, 2009, 06:28:41 PM »
Echo 1 CPW
My second review, hopefully I'm getting the hang of this. Pics coming (soon?).

The AK47 is an older gun, and is to my knowledge one of the last guns still serving with wood furniture, but nothing about the CPW looks old fashioned. It hits hard (a little too hard stock, actually), has a great rail kit and metal body, and a lot of other excellent features. So without further ado, the CPW.

BODY:
The body on the gun is a custam body, flat black and entirely metal. On one side it reads 'Echo 1 USA.COM, MADE IN P.R.C.', this side also has the selector and bolt (also entirely metal). The opposite side also is marked 'CPW Cal 7.62x6mm, Contractors Personal Weapon' and features a modified jolly roger emblem with crossed AKs and a Beret-clad head. The standard AK style grip is removed and replaced with the much comfier SAW style grip. The grip is not metal, but is sturdy ABS and feels amazing to hold. The trigger and trigger guard are metal as well. The stock is NOT a standard AK47 stock at all, but has been replaced with an M4 buffer stube and ArmaLite stock. The stock sits well, but mine wobbles just a bit. On top of the receiver is an extremely nice rail, my only qualm about it is that its a custom rail so my LaRue mount won't fit on it. Now, the best thing about the rail is that it pivots. If you pull the rail back and up, it pivots upwards, allowing you to take off your receiver top without removing the whole rail. Overall, the body is extremely well made and is rock solid. 10/10

RAILS:
An AK47 with rails isn't the most common sight. Usually, for an AK to take any optic you have to bolt the optic in to the side of the receiver. The rails on this gun make it much easier. The railed handguard is made of strong ABS plastic, and has no creaks or wobbles. The gun comes with a Knights style foregrip, but honestly I thought it was crap and it ended up breaking on me before I even fielded it. Luckily I had a King Arms grip so I piut it on instead. Overall though the rails are nice. no moans or creaks. 9/10 for the craptastic grip.

OUTER BARREL:
Not very much to say on this one, its all metal, no wobbles, no complaints. The flash hider is an orange plastic one, but I took it off and put on a Noveske. 10/10

PERFORMANCE
After fielding it for the first time, I've gotta say it's an awesome gun. At the end of the game it was getting a bit tiresome and it's large size makes it uncomfortable to shoulder in a crouching position, but overall it was really good. Pretty standard range for a stock AEG. All in all its a great gun, worth the money for sure. 9/10

Overall
Body: 10/10
Rails: 9/10
Outer Barrel 10/10
Performance 9/10
Anything I forgot (IE, stock...): 9/10 (wobbles a bit too much, and doesnt feel sturdy)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »