Author Topic: CM042A Full Metal AK-47 RIS Airsoft Gun  (Read 1676 times)

Offline Silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
CM042A Full Metal AK-47 RIS Airsoft Gun
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »
After a few weeks of researching "Budget Guns" and the more top of the line ones, I had decided to go with something simple and less expensive. First, I had decided I wanted an AK, and after a large amount of research, I had found that almost everyone I came across online recommended the CYMA was recommended by almost everyone foras a well- rounded and sturdy AEG for a great price. I decided to purchase the "CM042A Full Metal AK-47 RIS Airsoft Gun" (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5049) and here is the following advice, complaints, and praises I have for this gun.

- Along with a full metal body, the CM042A has
- Adjustable Hop-up systems
- Adjustable metal front/rear sight
- New generation full metal gear box: Type 3
- Metal bolt carrier, metal trigger, metal receiver cover.

- Ergo Grip --  After opening the package, the first thing I noticed was the "Ergo Pistol Grip." This gripIt has a very sleek feel to it which allowsing me to feel very comfortable holding it for a long period of time. (This grip can be bought on Evike.)

- RIS System -- -The RIS system is made of a thick plastic;, it is very sturdy, and easy to swap out. (You can buy the RIS system and Ergo grip on Evike also. These sell for $40.00.) On mine, I have mounted a flashlight to the side rail on the right side and a R/G dot sight to the top mount. The iron sights do not get in the way since they are low profile.

- Fore-Grip --  I attached tI use the fore-grip ithe gun came with, which wais a nice addition to it. It gives the gunave it a very tactical and sleek look.
The fore-grip itself looks like an exact copy of an ECHO1 foldable Vertical Grip. It’s hollowed out for a a light weight yet sturdy addition to theyour gun, allowing you to have a more natural combat stance. (Or so they say.  ) This alone would sell for around 20-26 dollars alone on ASGI.

- Sling -- The sling the gunit comes with has been helpful --, it is one less thing to buy --. Bbut it is bulky, not very adjustable, and O.D. gGreen, and the clips are junk. I had to use a set of pliers to loosen or tighten them. (Tthey also scratch off the black paint, showing the silver metal underneath. Good or bad based on your preference. It doesn't bother me.) Did I mention its gGreen ?

- Barrel -- The barrel has not been upgraded, but I think it is a 407mm.
On a normal Arizona day, the gun aims true to about 120 feet, but that all depends on how you have the gun adjusted.
 Adjustable hop-up.

- FPS -- The gun is advertised at 400+ FPS., Wwhen I took it to get it chronographed before a game, it was shooting a consistent 460+. Obviously, I was not going to be able to play any time soon unless I reduced it, . Sso I bought a velocity reducer which was quickly trashed;, the gunit  had demolished the reducer’s internal diaphragm.

- Battery -- The battery location to Tthis gun’s battery location is in the stock. To access it, you after removeing the butt-plate (and two screws). It has a fairly large compartment that fits its standard large 8.4 1500 mAh battery very tightly;. Iit is almost a hassle to get in. The battery got me through  half- a- day’s worth of shooting before dying on me, so I upgraded to a Lipo. Although it was a much smaller battery, I actually found it easier to fit into the stock withand found that the fuse for the connectors hoelding it into place.

- Magazine -- The gun came with a 600 round CYMA high cap waffle magazine which has held up extraordinarily well. I then bought a pack of MAG mMid-cap waffle magazines for mine. (I'll add a separate post on MAG magazines later.  )

- Price -- I bought this gun on AirsoftGI.com for $180.00. After paying for parts and labor of about $42.00 to have the spring down-graded and get the ridiculous bright orange barrel changed out (about $42.00), you're looking at about $222.00 even. It was completely worth it, and the gun has lasted me through quite a few games without any failures. My only complaints would be the velocity at which the gun shoots out of the box, and having to always have a screw driver with me on the field just in case my battery died. Simply put, this is an amazing gun at a great price. Though the sling and the grip are not my preferred choice, But they're free. Who can argue with that? Simply put, this is an amazing gun at a great price.

I hope this has helped; this was my first review. Please feel free to critique. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Men do not cry. Men do not pout. Men jack you in the fuckin\' jaw and say... "Thanks for comin\' out."