Author Topic: Best AEG company (the new topic)  (Read 2532 times)

Offline busta_cap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Best AEG company (the new topic)
« on: December 24, 2005, 03:22:21 PM »
Let me know if I left one out..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »
Whoa, someone actually voted for G&G?

I've never seen a G&G gun that didn't have major problems.  Ever.

Marui's are the most reliable, but lose points for their lack of field-worthiness.  After one day of hard use, screws come loose, and they creak and wobble.

CA's, if left alone, are fairly reliable.  (I have two and they have been excellent through several games and many thousand rounds each).  Some people have issues with CA guns, but I never have, nor have I known anyone who did, until they f*cked with by trying to upgrade themselves.

Building it yourself is probably the best way to go, but it's also the most expensive, and can be a bad idea unless you know exactly WHAT parts to build it out of, and HOW to build it correctly.

Ganef's M4 is one of the nicest AEGs out there, and it was built from the ground up.  However, he is very mechanically inclined, and had some solid guidance regarding which parts to use.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline AddoAduro

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 08:34:02 PM »
I would vote for CA, because even though my G36 just doesn't quite "feel right", it is the only gun I've hit someone with so far (don't ask), and once I got the "out-of-the-box" problem fixed, I haven't had a problem with it since, but...  Actually, it's the only "real" AEG I've really used in a game, now that I think about it... And I'm really thinking about getting the STAR SL-9 if it gets released sometime before February. (Hey, going by AZ time, they've still got, oh, about 3 1/2 hours to make their scheduled release date. ;) )  I guess I have to vote for CA until I get another AEG I can really use, since most of my guns are gas.

(edit) Out of curiousity, how are G&P's, as far as reliability and value? (Do you get what you pay for?)  I happened to see the SR25 on Redwolf, and it looks nice, although I can't seem to explain the price difference between it and the SPR/A...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AddoAduro »
Quote from: \"XavierMace\"
Every day I have to wade through mountains of stupid posts on forums by kids who feel it necessary to share their personal life on the internet like they think we care.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 08:44:35 PM »
I have had a CA and upgraded it shortly after I got it.  I had Scott put in a systema silent piston head set, an M120, Prometheous tightbore, removed that horrible CA gear grease and regreased the gears properly.  It's been working excellent for 2 years now.  Also like C-Bone said, I have a TM MP5 that was made close to 1996 and it is still working like a champ in its stock condition.  But It does lose some points for the plastic cosmetics feeling loose and wobbley.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 09:28:01 PM »
While other gun companies kept reproducing an inferior system, systema redesigned teh whole thing and though it is not compatible with the parts out there once it becomes less expensive all of us will convert. Plus, I trust a lot of thier parts for my home builds.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
Are you talking about when systema started making their own AEGs?  Did they redesign the gearbox as well when they did this or are they just now doing it?

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 11:05:52 PM »
Quote from: "-MAD- SARGE"
Are you talking about when systema started making their own AEGs?  Did they redesign the gearbox as well when they did this or are they just now doing it?

The Systema Training Weapons are completely unlike any other AEG out there.

They are more complicated, and thus cost much more.

What I'm waiting for are AEGs and parts to be made from the same materials real guns are made of.  Some manufacturers are making parts of CNC machined Aluminum stock, but not enough.

I won't be 100% satisfied until there is absolutely NO POT METAL in/on my AEG.  Cast metal sucks.  I don't care if it's zinc or magnesium, it will fail!  I've seen things from AEG bodies to the rear wheel on a UH-60 fail for the simple fact they were cast.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Rook

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2005, 12:50:33 AM »
I'm a bit of a Marui fan myself (AK, AUG) and I know what the "common thread" on SRC is...  I'm halfway ***loud cough*** thinking of getting one of the newer SRC M4 variants & putting Systema internals in before a real game.  I know, I've seen metric **it tons of them go back to the store, based on poor internals...   From what I understand, the gears are terrible. Does anyone have any advice on the "BYO" version of one of these?  We're talking mildly upgraded, original box, new gears...  Keep in mind, I'm a big fan of the V3 box, a lot less to mess with.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Rook »

Offline bopper9052

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 04:09:36 PM »
I'm new at this so if I ask stupid questions then let me now.  I have an ICS/Classic Army MP5 SD5, that I got from www.Airsplat.com that is great.  It has full metal body, and is very solid.  Its shooting about 350 FPs stock.  I wanted to know what you all think if that is a good gun or not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by bopper9052 »
Blake Bays     Age: 16
Primary: Classic Army G36 with battery taped to the foregrip
              Akward: yes
             Works: Like a BEAST!

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 04:13:23 PM »
Quote from: "bopper9052"
I'm new at this so if I ask stupid questions then let me now.  I have an ICS/Classic Army MP5 SD5, that I got from www.Airsplat.com that is great.

An ICS/CA MP5 What? Which one is it...anyways I think you answered your own question.  As long as it works for you and you like it, that is all that matters.

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 04:17:20 PM »
THe ICS MP5's are workhorse guns. Just leave em stock, and they'll last forever. Personally, I don't really upgrade my AEG's that much. I keep em shooting about 340-350, and it's just fine. In fact I like the challenge of being at a slight disadvantage when I'm facing someone with a 399FPS gun. 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline bopper9052

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »
Hey thank you for the reply.  If you look at airsplat.com you will find classic army/ airsoft elite.  They are internally upgraded and are made by different companies but Airsplat upgrades them.

Raven1

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »
There is nothing left to add, so if you only read AzSarge's then Ganef's posts you will be good!  Marui, Classic Army (as CA are proving themselves more and more in reliability) and you won't go wrong!

Remember you are bustin ass all week to earn that scrilla, Don't Throw it Away on On Cheap AEG's!  Give it to me and I'll show you money well spent when I Bust, (In my best Santonio Spanderrass) AAAALLLLL Ova Yo Face!!!

Suckas,,,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raven1 »

Offline bopper9052

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »
My bad toou guys. I thought it was Classic army, but it is an ICS/ Airsoft Elite.  My bad on confusing you.  You might know what i'm talking about now. ](*,)

Offline DUDE

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 04:50:49 PM »
By price and reliability CA would probaly reign supreme.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by DUDE »
If everyone is thinking alike... then somebody isnt thinking.
                    - General George S. Patton Jr