Author Topic: Good spring pistols?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Baron Defier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Good spring pistols?
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »
Is there a such thing as a good spring pistol?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Don\'t you hate the little braggers who say they are good at something but they suck?

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Good spring pistols?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
Define good, and i'm sure you can get a better answer. A majority of the springers on the market are fairly "good". It's really a matter of what you're looking for it to do. Are you looking for a backup gun, primary gun for a spring gun war, or looking to plink around in your backyard? I'ts kind of like asking what aeg or gas gun is the best without specifying what you're looking for it to do.

Give more info, and I bet more people would be able to give you a better look at this.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline Baron Defier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 05:16:31 PM »
For the spring pistol, I'm looking for something strong and intimidating. And hopefully accurate too. Thank you
Don\'t you hate the little braggers who say they are good at something but they suck?

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Quote from: "Baron Defier"
spring pistol, strong and intimidating. And hopefully accurate too.
Oxymoron.
Not going to happen.
A spring pistol is not the anwser
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline nynone

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
Agreed. Strong, intimidating, and pistol make a complex oxymoron (that's how I see it). Get a GBB instead of a spring, that's really what you're looking for. I'm not trying to steer you there... well sort of  ...rather that's what will fit your needs. Plus, a pistol that's "intimidating" is not going to happen... unless you get a Desert Eagle that's super loud, and is full auto at 30 rps, and accurate up to 200 meters. THAT would be scary. I'd totally be up against any other pistol single handedly with any of my guns; spring, gas, or aeg.
"To Frank Castle... the finest solider, the finest undercover cop, the finest man I\'ve ever known. What am I gonna do without you?"

"Get a girlfriend."

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:10:02 AM »
On the contrary, a good spring pistol (like a TM or KSC) will usually outperform a GBB as far as accuracy and reliability goes.  They are more accurate because a spring is more consistent and they are more reliable because there's less moving parts.  I've got an old TM Sig P226 springer around here somewhere as well as a couple of KSC's.

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 02:42:04 AM »
I do not know. I can see the reliability, but my KWA M9, and G23s, deliver strong rapid and accurate fire power down range every time I need it, with a much higher ROF than a spring gun.
My biggest problem with spring guns is that you must break line of sight with your target in order to cock the gun again. my GBB's don't have this problem.
I would say that a spring pistol could hold par with a poorly made gas gun. But a quality one such as a KWA or KJW? I dont think it would stand up. However, a spring gun would be cheaper than a gas gun on Average.

But I would recommend the KJW Mark. 1 ruger to anyone who needs a sidearm, its not what I use anymore, but it was my first gas gun. They are reliable, strong, cheap, and highly accurate for there size.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Baron Defier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
THANK you ALL for your replies. I understand spring pistols suck, but I am the communitys airsoft arms dealer (I move several hundred dollars every two weeks) and there's some people who want a springer
cause they can't afford anything else. Either way thank you.

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
Yes there is, I have a KWC M9 spring pistol I bought from Sports Authority, which has served me flawlessly for almost 3 years. Highly recommend it!!

Offline hendersen

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 03:13:51 PM »
command post has a few high end springers in stock. i have owned one and i loved it.  :cry:  sadly i lost it at 4 peeks
it has been proven in history that for a group to survive its government must be over thrown from time to time. my fear is that this will come to our lands way to soon.

Frank Herbert   1972

Offline Baron Defier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:55 PM »
Quote from: "hendersen"
command post has a few high end springers in stock. i have owned one and i loved it.  :cry:  sadly i lost it at 4 peeks
Prices?

Offline hendersen

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 11:38:30 PM »
Quote from: "Baron Defier"
Quote from: "hendersen"
Prices?

between 30 and 65 bucks
it has been proven in history that for a group to survive its government must be over thrown from time to time. my fear is that this will come to our lands way to soon.

Frank Herbert   1972

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »
I honestly do not think there is a good spring pistol. The local airsoft shop here in PV carries a line of metal spring pistols and they are usable in only the lowest of scenarios, but it is better than a plastic pistol.
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline DesertEagleLover

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:12 PM »
I have the KWC ultra grade spring Desert Eagle, and there is nothing bad about it. the accuracy is okay..but the quality of it is just amazing. like when i first picked it up i said to my self, " how is this not a gas gun?"

Offline Crono0001

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://jagxops.com
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 04:36:22 PM »