Author Topic: Greetings All!  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Phyrst

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Greetings All!
« on: January 26, 2006, 07:54:27 PM »
Greetings All!

My name is Charlie McCoy.  Originally from Central Pennsylvania but have been in Phoenix fo 20 years.

I played paintball many years ago in its infancy(you had to shove the paint tube into the back of the gun and point it at the ground to pump in a round).  It was a blast for quite a time, yet I lost interest.  I felt that it was based on the belief that people would cheat.  Thus you had to mark them with paint.  Add to that the fact that the guns looked very ummm... unreal.

Skipping ahead:  I began goofing around with airsoft about 3 or 4 years ago with my son(who is 21 now, and I hope to get involved in AA as well).  It started as something cool to do on camping trips but became the reason for camping.

Ahhh...The good Ole days, when all guns were springers, and all were equal.  Alas, time does not stand still and in the natural progression of things our weapons progressed as well.

Those of us that were really into the combat began to seek better weapons, while those that were not began to find themselves horribly outgunned.

We still go out and have springer battles for all!  Yet some of us desire more!

Enough Backstory;

I have been visiting the AA forums for about 2 months now, and just recently joined.  Though I think that I may have done something wrong, I have paid no 20$ fee.  I have yet to get a waiver because my computer has no printer. (As soon as I get to a comp with a printer I will do so).

I have no military training or history, nor any with Law Enforcement(unless you count running from them in my crazed youth).

I am however a backpacker and have some skills in load carrying and map reading.

The Milsim aspect of AA is what appeals to me the most, yet my current gear is not suited to it.

CA G36C :D
      2High-cap mags  :(
      KJWorks Carbine NBB  :(
      KJWorks MK1 NBB :(
      Tanaka SAA Revlover  :(  (This gun sucks but I love it!)
      Paintball mask(which I hate, still shopping!)
      Woodland BDU's
      Good boots soon, but I have some to wear.

Yes I need plenty of gear, but I hope that I can at least play, to see if this is gonna be my bag.

I'm going to try to make it to every AA event that I can before I commit my hard earned hobby dollars$

Hope to see some of you soon, and remember "Honor is the gift that one gives oneself!"

PS-If I don't get a load of crap from you guys about the size of my post I will be disapointed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »
There's been longer posts.

That's cool that you're so into it. You're pretty squared away from the sound of it. C'mon out to the February AA game and bring your son. If you don't have all the necessary gear -- don't worry, post on here and someone can probably lend you like, another pair of BDUs and maybe a tac vest or something. I personally could offer a pair of tigerstripe BDUs and I also have digital desert. Not sure on the size, but PM me if you're interested.

Welcome, and hope that things work out and you get out to a game or two here in the immediate future.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 08:03:49 PM »
Dont let gear stop you from joining us in a game, I played my first couple games in jeans and tank-top. Not many are completely geared out when they start.
Welcome and looking forward to shooting in your direction.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »
You don't want mini on the enemie team by the way...

Welcome to the forums! I hope to meet you and son soon.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 08:25:18 PM »
It is very refreshing that to see someone who has sat back for a while and read the forums before joining it.  It shows that you are serious about wanting to find the right kind of people to play airsoft with, and you could have not choosen a better place.  Don't worry about the $20 fee, as you dont need it to be on the forum.  But if you do want some of the added benifits and want to become an AA member then that is where the fee would come in.  But for you that will come later as I aslo appluad the fact that you want to try this airsoft thing out before you go gun ho with it.

Most airsoft games here are free, but this Feb. AA game cost $20 as we are going to be using a paintball facility, so we can use thier "town" environment.  Should be a lot of fun, come out and see what we are about.  You will meet some who have been doing airsoft for years and many others who have just recently started as yourself.  Oh and dont worrry about your post size, as long as it it informative, no one cares.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by -MAD- SARGE »

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline SilentDragon

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 09:22:15 PM »
What's up man...
I think i may hold the longest post record... think it's like 3,000 something... anyways.  Im prety new to AA, but old to airsoft... i have been to two games... the last one being Jan's official, and they were both great!  You'll enjoy playing with AA... i know i do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SilentDragon »

Saguaro Team Leader
LCVI, LCVII, LCX, LCXI, Balkan Hammer I/II, Red Dagger II, Cold Burn II. AA Vet

Offline Doogey

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
I been into this about 3 months now and met alot of nice people so far.  You and your son won't be dissapointed.  I had no formal military training either and so far everyone has been very helpful on getting me started.  I'll be your first kill, unless we are teamed up. LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Doogey »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
Welcome to the party!

Like others have said, don't let any lack of equipment stop you from coming to a game.  As a usual AA game organizer, I can assure you that you are welcome to any games we hold!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Phyrst

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, look forward to meets and greets on Feb. 25 if not sooner.

My son and others have gun issues, but that is for another post.

Be well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Phyrst »
The softer you make your words, the easier it is when you have to eat them!

Sierra 1