Author Topic: Explain lipos  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Ethan333

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Explain lipos
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
I need someone to explain lipos to me I'm getting a VFC scar and I was wondering if I should get a 7.4 lipo but I don't really know how to use them and I heard they can get damaged if u over charge them someone explain them to me

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
Re: Explain lipos
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 06:49:47 PM »
I need someone to explain lipos to me I'm getting a VFC scar and I was wondering if I should get a 7.4 lipo but I don't really know how to use them and I heard they can get damaged if u over charge them someone explain them to me

Lipos do need special handling when charging one must use a Lipo charger, I would suggest Googling Lipo battery using, handling and charging, much info available...
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:50 PM »
A) Lipo batteries have a higher discharge rate compared to normal batteries.
A 7.4v lipo is perfect to use with any gun, because it will not burn out your trigger contacts.

B) Compared to a 9.6v (non-lipo) battery, a 7.4v Lipo (lets just say 1400mah) will give you the same trigger response, at a lower rate of fire. This is okay.
11.1v batteries WILL give you crazy rate of fire, but it will burn out your trigger, and just break your gun. Never use them unless you do super often internal maintenance. (There are batter ways to achieve great rate of fire, while keeping your gun reliable. Such as coupling a 7.4v Lipo with Deans connectors, 13:1 gears, High torque motor, and a polycarb Piston)

C) Lipo batteries are super compact compared to normal batteries, which allows you to pack them into tighter, unseen areas on your gun- thus giving you a more bad ass, streamline look to your rifle. (personally, i house a 7.4v lipo in the buffer tube of my M4, and it works and looks great)

To operate a Lipo battery you need:
1) lipo battery ($10-$25).
2) lipo battery charger ($25-$30). (IMPORTANT: never charge a lipo with a standard charger, it will explode and burn your house down)
3) lipo bag ($5). (extraneous, but will keep your lipo's safe while charging. Will contain a lipo fire in the unlikely event that one occurs)

You can find all these things for great prices on eBay or Amazon.
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
This is a decent read if I don't say so myself:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php/topic,93356.0.html

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
It might well be aliens.