« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Fantom »
If you run you only die tired.

Offline Pancho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 05:19:31 PM »
I know I am showing my age here, but what on earth is "uber 1337"?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pancho »
aka: Frankie Four Fingers

Offline leakingpen

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 06:15:51 PM »
1337 is "leet speak" for leet.  short for elite.  it moved over to gamer culture from old bbs users, and current kiddies have made it a strange language all its own, and they think it makes them bad a@@ed hackers, or "hax0rs"  uber of course, means really good or big.  the frightening part is one of their members posted the link on airsoftamerica.com's forums a while back.  acoording to teh poste, age 14-18 only.  i have many suggestions on what to do about them.  none of them legal unfortunately.  (by the way, if you want to piss off anyone who uses leet speak, just mention to them "you know that all those terms were first used back in teh mid 80's?"  let them know they didnt come up with it, pisses them off)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by leakingpen »

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 06:18:39 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pancho</i>
<br />I know I am showing my age here, but what on earth is "uber 1337"?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

"Uber 1337" was a German POW camp during World War II.  It was located in occupied France and was renowned as the camp which no one ever escaped from.  Prisoners had "1337" inscribed onto their foreheads so that everyone would know that they were locked away in the most secure camp in all of the Reichland.  Some escape attempts were made, but none ever succeeded.  The failed escapees had their arms and legs hax0red off as punishment.  The elite guards of Uber 1337 were referred to as "leet" in the Uber 1337 vernacular.  They were such good guards, that often the Allied prisoners held there would remark that they were probably "cheating."

And now you know the story of "Uber 1337."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Pancho

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 06:23:22 PM »
I'm sorry I asked...[V]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pancho »
aka: Frankie Four Fingers

Offline Carcass

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 06:32:10 PM »
These kids are brainless you can obviously tell that they don't really care about the real rules of the sport. Just look at the pictures one of them is pretending to shoot him self in the head in one of the photo's, these kind of idiots will help kill this sport in arizona.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Carcass »

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 06:33:33 PM »
In my best Paul Harvey impression........

"And now you know......The rest of the story"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline thatoneguy92088

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 07:32:09 PM »
I think I know one of those kids. I will kick his ass.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by thatoneguy92088 »

Offline Mr. Joseph

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2004, 08:09:52 PM »
I wrote him an email outlining my/our concern with their name being so close to ours, the childish language on the page, and of the picture that doesn't look good in the eyes of uniformed (voter).  He wrote back with an appology, and said the page name would be changed to something along the lines of mccdowell airsoft, along with his email.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mr. Joseph »

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2004, 08:19:15 PM »
DAMN PREPUBESCENT CHILDREN NOT WEARING EYEWEAR! The little bastards are gonna get injured and their mommy is going to put the sport on the news and ruin our fun. CHILDREN tha young and immature (the kid pretending to commit suicide with his pistol in his room) should not be allowed to play.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2004, 10:57:13 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mr. Joseph</i>
<br />I wrote him an email outlining my/our concern with their name being so close to ours, the childish language on the page, and of the picture that doesn't look good in the eyes of uniformed (voter).  He wrote back with an appology, and said the page name would be changed to something along the lines of mccdowell airsoft, along with his email.

Good.

...bunch of "F*CKTARDS!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 12:48:08 AM »
I guess I got to the site late. They already changed it. Anyone have any of the pictures or rules saved or something? This is interesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline Carcass

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 01:05:58 AM »
It changed already that was fast this is good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Carcass »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 02:37:52 AM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Due to recent, but valid complaints.  This site is being moved.  Forum is still open, but everything else is down.  I apologize to all of those who were offended by this site, and I look forward to a better tomorrow.

This site was not intended to offend airsoftarizona.com but merely a fan/team site for some of us who live in arizona.  When starting the page, I made the mistake of not reseaching and did not know the site existed.  I just play for fun and created this site to post pictures, game times, ect.  As for the rules, I am truly sorry for those who read them.  On the new site, those specific rules will be password locked and only those who want to can view them.
Thank you,
David

Thats right, PUNK!

We got any uber-1337 h8x0rz in the house?  I think these guys need to be hacked, and have the site say:

"We are nards.  We play without eye protection and are really big nards.  We are blind now, so our website has been moved to http://www.blindairsoftnards.tk.  We apologize to the OG Airsoft Arizona.  We are not as cool, and we are nards.  We need better guns, and better eyeware.  And we need girls.  They do not like our nardliness, and our glass eyes either.  Our forums still work, but we have nothng good to say.  Thank you.  AIRSOFT RULES ME!!"

Or something like to that effect.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2004, 09:21:26 AM »
OMG Christian!!! I almost pissed myself I was laughing so hard!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"We are nards. We play without eye protection and are really big nards. We are blind now, so our website has been moved to www.blindairsoftnards.tk. We apologize to the OG Airsoft Arizona. We are not as cool, and we are nards. We need better guns, and better eyeware. And we need girls. They do not like our nardliness, and our glass eyes either. Our forums still work, but we have nothng good to say. Thank you. AIRSOFT RULES ME!!"

Too Freakin funny!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!