Author Topic: new guy levi here looking for people/places/tips  (Read 1070 times)

Offline levi.alexander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
new guy levi here looking for people/places/tips
« on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:43 PM »
name is levi ,  im a soldier in the national guard , im 22 and im deploying to afghanyland here in the next few months ...

im definately new to this sport havent played at all actually, but used to play speedball and recball every weekend ..

anyways, to get to the point im wanting to get out the next few months on the weekend and play i just need info on what good brand aeg gun to get( m4 or hk type) with a 250 dollar budget and then maybe some good places to play or just go have some scenarios with people .. ( btw i live right by that airsoft place in gilbert so let me know if that place is good )

anyways feel free to message me

Offline levi.alexander

• FNG
    • View Profile
Re: new guy levi here looking for people/places/tips
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:00:06 PM »
anyoone?

Offline ghosthollow53

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:17:19 PM »
You just have to look around the RSVP section and pick something you like. Try the G&G combat machine for a good starter gun.
I use to airsoft, then I took a BB to the knee.

Paradox Division Airsoft Team; Rifleman; Fireteam Alpha

Offline Note

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
Well with a $250 budget you should look at G&P, VFC, or the new KWA sportlines.

EDIT: Nevermind I don't think the new sportlines get into the states until July.

Offline levi.alexander

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:27:52 PM »
i will look around im just looking for a solid reliable company that i guess most of you would typically agree on?? ...

im new to the sport ,but im not a newb all together. i shoot pistol and rifle competition and work with firearms on a daily
so im really just wanting to spend the money and get a rifle thats not so much a "starter" gun.

Offline levi.alexander

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
alright , thanks bud

Offline theFlyingTrumpet

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »
If you're looking for an MP5, I've been really happy with my CYMA 041. I've had it for a couple of years and I treat it rough and it still shoots like a much more expensive gun. Unless by HK you were talking HK416 or G3. I have no experience with those lol.
Mazatzal Security Solutions - MSS Airsoft Team
"Medic! Medic! ......GINGY!!!!"

Offline Archer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »
levi, i started with a G&G combact. it is a good gun but if you are starting with a $250 budget. you can get a pretty good deal on a used weapons with upgrades for about $200.

see link, http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=33199.0

good luck.
Team A.D.M.

Offline BreechUnClear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
For that 250 price range though, I'd say any FM Cyma, HPoly G&G, FM to HPoly Echo 1, FM Dboys, or FM to HPoly KWA, you can find will get you out on the field right away, usually with mags and a battery. With any money you can save, I would through towards a better charger(if the standard wall charger) extra mags, batteries, upgrades you dont want to grab any flashy externals right off the bat unless you find out what type of games you're gonna play, what kinda player you're gonna be, etc. Naturally you should be all gravy with your military background. I didn' want to sound like I was trying to over teach you, pm me if you have any questions. I can set you up with some great players, and gear.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:33:56 PM by BreechUnClear »