Author Topic: Select-fire Polarstar MC51 / G3 Assault / G3 Sniper  (Read 5395 times)

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Select-fire Polarstar MC51 / G3 Assault / G3 Sniper
« on: May 18, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
Was debating putting the polarstar in a SCAR, but  nostalgia got the better of me. This is one of the first airsoft rifles I have ever owned, picked it up back in 2004. Its a Classic Army full metal Sar Taktik II (G3 SG1).

So here she is, upgrades include a 6.03mm stainless steel prometheus inner barrel, madbull hopup bucking, custom bipod mounting pin and harris bipod, HK low profile mount and a bushnell 3-9x40 scope.

UPDATE 07/03/2012: Decided I wanted to use my polarstar G3 for the upcoming lionclaws game, so I de-tuned it to 350FPS w/ .25's and painted it Ranger Green. Swapped the scope for an Eotech which I color matched to the weapon.

Also I finished building a custom selector plate for the G3, it now has select fire. So it has single shot, and 3 round burst (user selectable from 3-9 round or full auto) now. Had to modify the body of the gearbox itself slightly to remove the M4 selector plate guide rail and the screw that holds it on, and then moved the mounting screw further back on the gearbox.

Total time, about 6 hours.

NEW UPDATE 09/10/2012:

Wanted to still have the rifle be able to do more roles, and was getting jealous of all the AR-15 platform guys out there with their ability to swap uppers, so I went ahead and got a MC51 upper for CQB use.

So now it has a 9" barrel upper for CQB, and 19.5" outer barrel for sniping and heavy assault, depending on what FPS and ROF settings are used.

Still working on making a HK11E style stock and bipod to convert it into a Machine Gun.

CQB and Sniper setups:

Assault setup:

Old DMR setup:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:01:03 PM by nukeduster »

Offline chinole

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
Re: World First: Polarstar G3 DMR
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »
do it nuke. ive thought about getting that kind of setup. i see m16 DMRs all the time. G3 would definetly stand out.
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline Ivan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
Chino. He already did. They currently don't make selector plates for anything other than m4 series so that's why the full auto is disabled.

Nice build. Using the red nozzle?
Im an operator....

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 03:55:04 PM »
Actually the selector is a modified AEG g3 selector plate. Trigger had to modified too.

It is possible to do full auto if I drill one more hole in the plate and add the full auto selector bar from the polarstar selector. I didnt because I never intended to do anything but DMR status with this rifle.

Using blue nozzle at the moment, but I have a red just in case depending on the rules of the game.

Offline sabertooth

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
sexy

Offline chinole

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Chino Le
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »
Chino. He already did. They currently don't make selector plates for anything other than m4 series so that's why the full auto is disabled.

Oh, dont i feel like an idiot. its just i didnt finish reading and i jumped straight to the pic.
Cloudy with a heavy chance of M60 rain

Whiskey One Alpha
Support Gunner

Offline Dayton

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

Oh, dont i feel like an idiot. its just i didnt finish reading and i jumped straight to the pic.

Hate to say it, but look at the hand grip. :)

Gun looks good nuke.
Fox Company | Tournament Locks
Main: JP Polarstar, Magpul PTS ACR, ARES Tavor TAR-21
Side Arm: KWA HK45, KWA Umarex H&K MP7
Other: AT-4, Defusable Bomb, Mortar

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
"worlds first" lol. One of the original polarstar rifles custom made was a G3 SAS 

Still nice work though!

Putting it in a G3 is never easy
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:21:04 AM »
G3 SAS isn't a G3 SG1.

Now I'm working on custom tanks that fit inside the stock. Figure it'll hold enough for maybe 1-2 mags worth, but for a DMR, I'm ok with that.

Already have the tanks (its 2 small tanks the work in parallel), just working on a regulator setup that fits and routing the hose through the back of the gearbox.

My damn dremel's gearbox died today (literally exploded) so no more custom work for a while. Hopefully will have that prototype working by June.

It currently holds 800psi no problems (last ~30 days sitting in the garage with no leaking), which is what the first goal was.

Originally built it to fit inside a m16 stock, but it fits in the G3's easily, too.

To be continued...

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 01:57:07 AM »
G3 SAS isn't a G3 SG1.

Now I'm working on custom tanks that fit inside the stock. Figure it'll hold enough for maybe 1-2 mags worth, but for a DMR, I'm ok with that.

Already have the tanks (its 2 small tanks the work in parallel), just working on a regulator setup that fits and routing the hose through the back of the gearbox.

My damn dremel's gearbox died today (literally exploded) so no more custom work for a while. Hopefully will have that prototype working by June.

It currently holds 800psi no problems (last ~30 days sitting in the garage with no leaking), which is what the first goal was.

Originally built it to fit inside a m16 stock, but it fits in the G3's easily, too.

To be continued...

All im saying is....Woodkit...
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline tastyfish21

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »
All I'm saying is G3SBS.... I made one, yeah.
-SteveO

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:36 AM »
Internal reservoir prototype. Going to be using propane, an expansion chamber, and an inline regulator hidden inside the stock with a small knob protruding from it. The system should have enough gas for around 200 shots depending on fps before needing recharge, which is plenty for a sniper.

Still waiting on parts, but I'm sure having fun with this project.

Offline Shadow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »
Nuke, won't propane screw with the servos because it's liquid?  These need HPA... I don't think propane and CO2 are going to be very nice to the FE.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
No, thats the point of the expansion chamber and anti siphon, so only gas gets to the gearbox, never liquid. As long as I dont shoot off 30 bbs in one quick little burst, wont ever be an issue.

Offline nukeduster

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
Tested out the mini regulator and green gas setup today. Shoots approx. 90 bbs per fill at 120psi, which equates to 510fps with .25's on my setup. Great consistency with using this SMR ARX-02 regulator, FPS deviation with .30g bioval bb's was roughly 0.5 fps.  Gas setup, at least the test setup, is working flawlessly with no fps spikes at all. This regulator really rocks.

Going to have to fiberglass a custom section to the stock though, the regulator sticks out the side more than I was originally hoping, but it will all fit length wise at least. So debating just making a custom little housing for the regulator, or making a full custom stock, something more PSG-1 shaped but designed to fit the tanks and polarstar computer.

Anyone have any "favorite" full-size stocks out there that would look good on a G3SG1?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:17:58 PM by nukeduster »