Author Topic: Milsim Gear  (Read 3402 times)

Offline APOModern

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Milsim Gear
« on: August 05, 2018, 11:28:31 AM »
I'm new here, what kind of gear do people usually wear to milsim events?

Offline AKGuy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Milsim Gear
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:42:43 AM »
I go for cheap and easy. Woodland camo or tri desert. Alice gear and canteens. I own an airsoft mega store ak chest rig. Spent 15 got it on sale. Cyma mid caps. Truspec hat and a dew rag to protect my ears. Baofeng radio. Nothing to fancy. Just the minimum to get out and play.

Offline MaxtheNinja

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
It always depends on the mission, do you mean overnight milsim, more of a one day thing, etc. I can answer generally, and for more specific info find a thread specifically dedicated to it.
Usually you'll wear a bdu uniform of your team/factions colors. So if we take US/NATO as an example you'll likely wear multicam, and carry NATO weapons. You'll want to have a backpack with hydration in it, be that a hydration bladder, or extra water, you NEED to have water. Then of course you need your primary gun, secondary. Possibly backups for both. Ammo, mags, propellant (batteries, gas, Co2, HPA tank, whatever your gun needs), you'll need cleaning tools in case anything breaks. A change of socks and underwear because you'll be glad you have it. And camping supplies if you are going for a overnight milsim.

Offline AlecBeach

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
I run my RUSFOR kit

Offline sam your

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
i just go out there with my dick swinging and a mp7 in both hands a blunt in mouth and ready for anything

Offline APOModern

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »
For weapons, will any M4 work for a US kit or does have to be the specific configuration or licensed model?  I have the VFC Avalon VR16 but obviously that isn't a real gun in the real world.
https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

Offline derekhann

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
i would usually go a with a big bad IRONCLAD sort of thing, but cheap version. and would usually have a glock17 and an avalon but it really just depends on the event, like CQB, special mission, single day, that type of stuff