Author Topic:  (Read 2058 times)

Offline KamikazeSM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: July 16, 2003, 01:37:11 AM »
First of all, BUY IT! I haven't heard of a price that good for any of the sniper rifles.  Is something wrong with it? Talk to Harley.  He used to have one, but I don't know how upgraded it was.  I think Paco owned one too at some point.  Don't remember if he upgraded or how much.  Tell me what parts you need and I'll price em for you, but so far I haven't had good luck with sniper rifle parts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline Bolt_Overide

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
a new toy..
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 01:01:33 AM »
I have been offered a full military classic army m24 from a friend of mine back east for a quite reasonable price of 150 dollars. It already has a new spring that puts it about 450 fps with .2s. My question is what will it cost me to get this gun to the point that it is a really effective sniper rifle, I basicly want to put the best of all parts available in it so that I can get the absolute maximum range and accuracy from it.

So those who are knowledgeable please clue me in on what im gonna have to get.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bolt_Overide »
Pain is your friend, it lets you know you are still alive. Over coming pain is just a question of mind over matter, if you dont mind, it dont matter.

Offline FarFromEinstein

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: a new toy..
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 12:25:23 AM »
Quote from: "Bolt_Overide"
I have been offered a full military classic army m24 from a friend of mine back east for a quite reasonable price of 150 dollars. It already has a new spring that puts it about 450 fps with .2s. My question is what will it cost me to get this gun to the point that it is a really effective sniper rifle, I basicly want to put the best of all parts available in it so that I can get the absolute maximum range and accuracy from it.

So those who are knowledgeable please clue me in on what im gonna have to get.

I know a bit about sniper rifles (spring, not gas) I own a APS-2, I have a brief review of it:
Http://wickedspaintball.com/justin/aps2/index.html
[dont mind that website, im gonna have a much better site up]

And I think its a pretty damn good rifle! If anyone that has seen it in action sees this, feel free to post your opinion to help this person out.

It was a bit too much... but its worth it in my opinion, it will out range aeg's with no problem, and the accuracy on it is awesome.

The BEST things you can get for your rifle would be:

1. 6.03 cut to length (Im not sure what the problem is, but you can plug in your gun info and get the correct length to have your inner barrel for the best acuracy)

2. FIXED hopup, Fixed is the best way to go, its more consistant, you can get accurate with an adjustable hopup, but ranges past 100-130 ft, fixed is much better.

3. BB's, You want to use heavy, or perfect bb's, I used the .43 bb;s and they were accurate, but the weight would limit my range, so i use the grand master .29 bb's, and its more consistant and much more range! They are just a bit much.

4. If possible: KURAGE PACKINGS! This isnt a must, but they make it much more accurate, I dont know how.. but they do, lol. I wont sell mine, but if you email some HK websites, im sure they can get some for you (redwolf, wgc, uncompany, etc) They are very hard to find, i have only found them 3 times, and I have looked alot. They are getting more popular, so im sure they will be easier for you to find than they were for me.

does this help? :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FarFromEinstein »
I hate AEG\'s... I love to snipe.

Offline FarFromEinstein

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 12:32:57 AM »
... i could have sworn this had a new post icon on it...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by FarFromEinstein »
I hate AEG\'s... I love to snipe.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 12:37:29 AM »
Yeah....

One thing I always do when I get a gun..expecially something gas..is tear it down and rebuild it..Just seems to work better..I dont do it to an AEG cause it should be doing good..But a GBB needs to be "relubed" and a sniper rifles screws and the way some stuff might be sitting could effect it..I took my m40 apart and lubed some places and got better performance..smoother actions..Also..the hop is WAAAAAy sensitive..its actually best in the "off" position...straight flight for 250+ft with a .43..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 02:25:40 AM »
wow, nice 2 year resurrection.  But, you put up some good info.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev