Author Topic: UHC Tactical 9  (Read 3637 times)

Offline SocalSerpents

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »
Quote from: "Whiskey11"
Erk, any of you guys on Arniesairsoft yet?  There is a 140 dollar (after shipping) L96 clone that DOES shoot 500 fps stock w/ .2's and is almost a 100% coppy of the Maruzen L96... www.gunnerairsoft.com  i believe caries em.  They come with a free scope.

Have you, or anyone here, purchased this gun? I've been looking for a cheap rifle for a while, and want to know any thoughts on this gun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by SocalSerpents »

Offline MIKEY

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
Well then it would seen that AA will need to place Airsoft Wepaon Restrictions on the games.  OR we will have to open up the minimum distance for a sniper shot from 50 to perhaps 75 or 100 for stock gas-powered and high-end gas powered rifles.  

Regardless, we may have to re-evaluate the rules in regards to airsoft weapons because the industry is coming out with ever more powerful replicas.  

Pistols would not matter, and as always people have the option to surrender.  

I will have to figure out a way to bring down the FPS just a little for play during AA games.  

I'll keep you fella's posted.

SIERRA-8
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by MIKEY »

"Only the dead have seen the end of War." -Plato-

Offline Green4Ever

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 08:58:28 AM »
Most players tend to forget that the "sniper" role in airsoft isn't about taking the "one shot, one kill" mentality, it's more about recon, surveillance, and proper use as a hidden force-multiplier.[/quote]

Actually its ALL ABOUT recon, surveillance, and proper use as a hidden force-multiplier

If a team (or group) has a sniper and or multiple snipers and they hold key points "high ground" they dont even need to fire a shot they can feed the team enough intell as to movment that the other team is or is not making. I would say in my own opinion that --optics-- (range finders, binoculars, and scopes) are as much an important tool to the sniper as his -weapons systems-, and lets not foget --tracking-- is also essential to a snipers suvivability factor (as well as his teams)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Green4Ever »
\"To Each His Own\" -- As long as you don\'t tread on me!

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 10:37:25 AM »
Quote from: "Green4Ever"
Most players tend to forget that the "sniper" role in airsoft isn't about taking the "one shot, one kill" mentality, it's more about recon, surveillance, and proper use as a hidden force-multiplier.

Actually its ALL ABOUT recon, surveillance, and proper use as a hidden force-multiplier

If a team (or group) has a sniper and or multiple snipers and they hold key points "high ground" they dont even need to fire a shot they can feed the team enough intell as to movment that the other team is or is not making.

And how would they "hold key points" without firing a shot? It's been quite a few years since I was intimidated just by having a dreaded, mythical "sniper" on the field. The ability to out range an opponent can also be a great advantage to a squad, in addition to the points I made in the last post.

In conclusion, it's not "ALL ABOUT recon, surveillance, and proper use as a hidden force-multiplier," occasionally you need to tune someone (in the face!) at a distance greater than what they can engage you, along with those points.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
Quote from: "MIKEY"
Well then it would seen that AA will need to place Airsoft Wepaon Restrictions on the games.  OR we will have to open up the minimum distance for a sniper shot from 50 to perhaps 75 or 100 for stock gas-powered and high-end gas powered rifles.  

Regardless, we may have to re-evaluate the rules in regards to airsoft weapons because the industry is coming out with ever more powerful replicas.  

Official AA sponsored games do place restrictions on weapons at games. And they will not make special rules for people with "high-end" gas powered weapons, most people cant even distinguish normal engagement distances right, not to mention the amount of people that shrug off seemingly impossible bb strikes as "frendly fire" or "ricochets" you wont be getting any kills. You want a fun time, make a ghillie suit and go out there with a spring pistol.

The industry may be coming out with ever more powerful replicas, but that dosent mean out tolerance for pain gets any higher.

It isnt about the one shot one kil..... oh wait that has already been said 4 times.

I seccond what Vince says, I dropped over $1K into an APS-2 and it performed so poorly it nearly made me quit this airball. I have an SPR that has range and is automatic, I love it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
Quote from: "Nil8r"
It's been quite a few years since I was intimidated just by having a dreaded, mythical "sniper" on the field.

One time, at this one game, in Tucson...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu