Author Topic: Arm Mounted AEG Project  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Major payne

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Fe-Fi-Fo-Fum. What beanstalk did you fall from?
    • View Profile
Arm Mounted AEG Project
« on: December 19, 2012, 12:03:02 AM »
So the title might have caught your eye, and you either thought it sounded cool, or you said man here comes another moron trying to dream up something again :P hahahha

So I am building a Juggernaut suit. But it is not a regular suit, it is a fully enclosed, air cooled, armored, and spiffy looking get up. I have it all drawn up and I will be posting pictures. But While I was thinking up the suit I wanted to create a very unique and rare sort of weaponry. So I did. I have created an Arm Mounted Assault Rifle. The exterior is still in construction but the gearbox is coming together quite nicely and quickly. I am posting video's as I type and I will provide links here after while. But the concept of the Arm Mounted Assault Rifle  (AMAR) is that both hands will be free for either climbing or melee type weapons while being able to maintain a maneuverable and effective form of fire power. I started with a CYMA Version 3 gearbox. I chose a version 3 because of the motor cage and the simplicity and reliability. And I chose the AK Platform because it is narrow, and not very tall. I removed the trigger, cut off lever, selector plate and trigger contact that slides back and forth. I then soldered the contacts inside the trigger switch together and did the same with the two contacts on the outside of the trigger switch. What this does is eliminates the use and need of a trigger mechanism inside the gearbox, so once the battery is plugged in the gun takes off. To make the firing controlled I am working on a switch that is molded into a glove.  The switch is a plunger type switch, the type you find in action movies when a guy is about to blow himself up. The switch will run from the battery to the connector at the rear of the gearbox. So when the switch is pushed the gearbox will fire. Pretty simple, yet effective.

Update 12-19 Decided to go with the outer barrel of a 1911 for this build and putting a Noveske amplifier on it.

So there is my AMAR project. Video links will be posted shortly. Let me know what you think

Here are my Links as of now they are only the video's on the gearbox fire assembly so be patient the videos on the guns itself are being posted: BTW My voice is kind of funny, I had a lot of issues with my jaw structure in the past:P If you guys wouldn't mind subscribing to my channel I would appreciate it hahaha I am not very good at this youtube stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbxpewsv8xc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPmsFoEt-MA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN1JgYXkz04
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:06:37 PM by Major payne »
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

G4-A1 Hard Externals with Custom GB
2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline xgecko54

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: Arm Mounted AEG Project
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:33:49 AM »
Videos!!!! This sounds awesome!!!
-Peter

Offline xXmusicimpactXx

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 12:59:40 AM »
Dude, friggin' sweet, sounds like you actually know what you are doing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:54 AM »
wheres these links?
Team A.D.M.

Offline Fung Li

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
Sounds amazing!

How exactly will you aim it?  Or is it a "spray and pray" type of weapon?

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 03:08:11 PM »
Sounds amazing!

How exactly will you aim it?  Or is it a "spray and pray" type of weapon?

Definitely spray and pray :) I am working on creating a cantilever mount that will extend over my arm so I can raise it and use a Tubular red dot sight

Links are up
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:14:56 PM by Major payne »
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friend

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
Innovation: it's crazy sometimes, but most likely to be awesome. ;D
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »
Innovation: it's crazy sometimes, but most likely to be awesome. ;D

Hehe you know it! I am working like crazy on this gun, I am thinking of making a huge knife to be mounted on the bottom :)

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Bowser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/bowser484
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
Definitely spray and pray :) I am working on creating a cantilever mount that will extend over my arm so I can raise it and use a Tubular red dot sight

I think a laser would be much better suited for this project. It would be a lot simpler to just put a dot on target than to try to align your arm just right so you can look through the optic.

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »

I think a laser would be much better suited for this project. It would be a lot simpler to just put a dot on target than to try to align your arm just right so you can look through the optic.

that is very true, I am not the familiar with laser brands and models, are there certain types and brands I should keep my eye out for?

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 10:59:21 PM »
What do you guys think of duel arm mounted guns....one for the right and left arms?

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline DesertRush

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account, CHECK IT OUT!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
How long are you anticipating this will take you?
"God will judge our enemies, we'll arrange the meeting."

Offline Major payne

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:50 PM »
How long are you anticipating this will take you?

If I had all the parts I needed I could have it done in a week, but its safe to count on a month for this project to be completed, probably about a week more for the gun

2x KJW Custom Glock 23's

Offline xgecko54

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:55 PM »
that is very true, I am not the familiar with laser brands and models, are there certain types and brands I should keep my eye out for?

I would go with the green ones, usually they are brighter & can be seen easier during the day. Just be careful not to point them in someone's eyes, they are pretty dangerous (depending on the power of the laser).
-Peter

Offline Rockit

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Master Sergeant
  • Wes The Rocketman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 12:26:56 PM »
What do you guys think of duel arm mounted guns....one for the right and left arms?
No reloading. Ever.
Harmful heat in my hugs hide,My lips are laced with cyanide
Never mind my medicine breath,Come hither for a kiss of Death...
Where there once were feely fingers, Now protrude poisonous stingers
Feel I'm left with no recourse,But to kill her with no remorse