Author Topic: New to the sport  (Read 1812 times)

Offline A Dumb Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
New to the sport
« on: November 07, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »
Just discovered this web site the other day. Me and a few other guys have been looking for just this. I'm an ex Paintball player that is looking for something a lot more real. My biggest problem is finding people that don't CHEAT!!! Good thing about paint is other people know when you have been hit. Bad thing is most of them are idiots (sorry but it's true). For the record I'm not a kid. I just turned the big 40. Don't let that fool you though. I'm very sorry to say that no I never served in the military. So this is the best I'm going to get. I'm hoping this is as real as it get's. Look forward to getting some feed back. I'm a big boy so if you want to let me have it! Hehe don't be fooled by the name either! :twisted:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]DOUBLE TAP!![/size][/b]

Offline UDTFrog

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: New to the sport
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 03:29:30 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

Im rather new to the forums as well, and I did not hesitate to get my feet wet and find a game.
Most of us here have had military training, and alot of us are waiting/training for that day
to come. But, dont let that make you feel intimidated, like any sport everyone is welcome.

I too also started out on the paintball scene and left with my own complaints..

Airsoft is all about honor and integrity. Most here stress those ideals and discourage any
malpractice of the sport. Realism is also an importance to some groups/teams here on AA..
they design games and objectives to real world situations but leave room for some improv.

I quickly found out my first game, age spans across all generations.. In fact I was
one of the younger ones and Im 21. So, welcome aboard and keep your eyes open
for local events!

Offline corporalred

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/stealthislink
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »
Welcome, I am Tyler, just make sure to keep an open mind on the forums and to not take an offense to every little deal and you will be set! See you on the field!
Quote from: \"Vince\"
I\'ve touched that gun with my hand which had touched my penis. I hope you did not touch your mouth after touching that gun. That would mean your had put part of my penis in your mouth.

Offline A Dumb Guy

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 11:39:30 AM »
WOW! Have done some reading. Hope to God I dont piss anyone off. Holy crap hehe. I'm stuck for the next 2 weeks but after that i'm ready join in all the killing. Real is what I'm looking for.
[size=150]DOUBLE TAP!![/size][/b]

Offline swift-silent-deadly

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »
Where in the state do you live?
I dont need to confirm my kills, all that matters is that they\'re dead         Team: KILO 11          LIBRALS will take  your  guns slowly, by adding taxes and restrictions, until it will be so hard to get a gun that only \'\'outlaws\'\' will have them.

Offline fourwheeltrooperguy

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »
hey dumb guy why dont you come out to our field, i dont allow anyone under 18 and have a lot of great guys on my team, its a casual, almost every week, free game! just a suggestion, some people love our games, some not so much. but come see for yourself.
if it bleeds, we can kill it

Offline TheHamburglar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »
Yea dude i started maybe 3 months ago and went to a rebel union night game and now i go every week pretty much and with the new field its like 100times better we got a new bomb game with a great prop bomb and we are normally pretty friendly heres the info for this weeks game.
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=23012
well love to see you out there for some fun games
The man you just cant hate.

Offline nemisissy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »
welcome to airsoft. i have paintballed breifly and i tell you, flying plastic beats flying paint hands down. my suggestion is find a team. be careful with who you pick, and it all depends on your location. just keep looking around and get advice from the experienced (don't ask too much from me, i'm only 15 and have been around the sport seriously for about a year) but talk to guys that have been playing for a while.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest thing, the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse.." -John Stewart Mill

Offline yammie r6s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 10:21:34 AM »
welcome hope to see you out on the field

Offline Gentlemanjack

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
dumb question time, Im relatively new to the sport and have been pouring over the forums, and found some mentions of games and fields,  I.E this Post. (hey dumb guy why dont you come out to our field, i dont allow anyone under 18 and have a lot of great guys on my team, its a casual, almost every week, free game! just a suggestion, some people love our games, some not so much. but come see for yourself.)  Can anyone give me some more information regarding this. field Locations, Numbers to call if there are any, Times, etc.

Thanks
Gentleman Jack
Take what you can, Give Nothing Back[size=150][/size]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »
Quote from: "Gentlemanjack"
dumb question time, Im relatively new to the sport and have been pouring over the forums, and found some mentions of games and fields,  I.E this Post. (hey dumb guy why dont you come out to our field, i dont allow anyone under 18 and have a lot of great guys on my team, its a casual, almost every week, free game! just a suggestion, some people love our games, some not so much. but come see for yourself.)  Can anyone give me some more information regarding this. field Locations, Numbers to call if there are any, Times, etc.

Thanks
Gentleman Jack
viewforum.php?f=106
theres a link to local/rsvp thread just click on the links of the games it will give you all the info you need for it and on the page you found this topic you can find pictures of fields/events which you may like to look at and for a number just post youll like a phone number incase you got lost or need further instructions.
Wish you the best of luck and like to see you out there :)
The man you just cant hate.

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 04:36:54 PM »
jack the field is near loop 303 and happy valley, just check on the rebel union postings in local games rsvp

Offline A. Woolsey

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 10:25:56 AM »
Quote from: "A Dumb Guy"
WOW! Have done some reading. Hope to God I dont piss anyone off. Holy crap hehe. I'm stuck for the next 2 weeks but after that i'm ready join in all the killing. Real is what I'm looking for.

be careful thats all i can say (watch now somebody is going to make a pissy comment)

Offline BonesM4

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 11:25:46 PM »
Quote from: "A. Woolsey"
Quote from: "A Dumb Guy"

be careful thats all i can say (watch now somebody is going to make a pissy comment)

Welcome im one of the flagstaff contacts so if you looking game up here shot me a message  and about pissy comments just don't get DEFENSIVE over little things and i completely agree about finding people that don't cheat but played with a lot a guys on the page there all pretty cool awsome choice about switching from paitball im one of those guys too [smilie=armata_pdt_06.gif]

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »
hey bones how bout gettin the flagstaff guys to come down for our barbeque on 4-11-09, its an all day event so it makes it worth the trip..... 5 bucks a head and lunch is included