Author Topic: Idea  (Read 1698 times)

Offline QGrady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Idea
« on: July 28, 2009, 08:13:43 PM »
Hey,I was thinking that maybe AirsoftArizona should have a chat room also and not just forums and private messaging. This came across my mind because I was trying to think off a faster and maybe better way to try to work out deals for items on the site. I also think that a chat room would be a place where people could talk about airsoft meets, guns, ect. instantaneously. So this is my idea, dont know if it is good or bad I just thought I would put it out there. Oh and sorry if its already been suggested.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never interrupt your enemy when he\'s making a mistake - Napolean Bonaparte

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
Re: Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »
Quote from: "QGrady"
Hey,I was thinking that maybe AirsoftArizona should have a chat room also and not just forums and private messaging. This came across my mind because I was trying to think off a faster and maybe better way to try to work out deals for items on the site. I also think that a chat room would be a place where people could talk about airsoft meets, guns, ect. instantaneously. So this is my idea, dont know if it is good or bad I just thought I would put it out there. Oh and sorry if its already been suggested.

It's a good idea, but I honestly don't see it happening anytime soon.

My suggestion for working out sales is via IM, email, or PMing the buyer/seller your phone number (if you feel comfortable with that).  

I think any combination of those lines of communication, coupled with the forum, makes it pretty convenient to get done what you need to.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »
The only problem I can see with a chat room is the ability for it to become a flame room.  For instance; imagine that there are quite a few members on, and suddenly, someone like A Woolsey or Los Alimos gets on and says something.  It isn't hard to imagine what happens next.

However, if there was some way to just invite who you want to talk to into a private room I believe would be a great idea.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Kodiak

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:28:07 AM »
Many of the forums I have been to have chat channels like that set up by the members themselves, instead of it being an official feature.

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:06:58 AM »
Quote from: "I Slap Fat Kids"
The only problem I can see with a chat room is the ability for it to become a flame room.  For instance; imagine that there are quite a few members on, and suddenly, someone like A Woolsey or Los Alimos gets on and says something.  It isn't hard to imagine what happens next.

That would be funny though.

Most of you are too young/new to remember, but, once upon a time, we had a chat room.

It was really, really lame.

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Fat_Santa54

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:10:03 AM »
Go setup and IRC channel then, make a topic about it, like others have said, it doesnt need to be offical.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 04:59:32 PM »
well couldn't they add something like facebook's chat? if you want to buy something  you just add to friends and it will be a private instant messenger and that could make the transactions move smoothly.
The man you just cant hate.

Offline MedicalDelta69

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »
I don't know if you've already done this, but you guys should create a youtube.com account.
"Don\'t mess with the best, or your ass will get the S**T knocked out of it."

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
Quote from: "MedicalDelta69"
I don't know if you've already done this, but you guys should create a youtube.com account.

Why? For what purpose?

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline MedicalDelta69

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:45 PM »
Well maybe to review things, post important updates. Make it like a news station for Zonies!
"Don\'t mess with the best, or your ass will get the S**T knocked out of it."