Author Topic: Echo1 M249 MKII  (Read 1823 times)

Offline searscr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Echo1 M249 MKII
« on: January 29, 2008, 10:17:54 AM »
I paid $350.00 for mine from a local shop.  I tested it out for operation, and all seemed to work fine.  I did have to tighten the allen screw that secures the front sight, but that was all.  The instructions leave a lot to the imagination, but I guess that is true for just about any airsoft gun.

After three hours of play, Hard Bean, three things became apparent.  One, the stock loosened up.  I intend to correct this by shimming the bottom pin.  Two, the grip loosened up.  This was corrected by tightened the nut inside the grip.  Three the hop-up was not working correctly.  Thanks to Rob, the guy with the P-90 on Beanland Rangers, for telling me how to correct this problem.

The Battery that came with the gun was a 9.6 V 1100 mAh mini, and after 3000 rounds it was still giving juice.  The box mag is a little cumbersome do to its size.  I would recommend going to a smaller box.

I had the gun chronoed at the shop where I bought it.  They said it was about 350 fps.  At Hard Bean it chronoed at 380 fps.  I do not know which machine is off, but I am happy with the results.

Overall I am happy with the gun.  Well, all except the bright orange tip.  Thank you Tyler for the electrical tape.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 11:13:56 AM by searscr »
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »
Which brand is this SAW? I assume ECHO 1

As for the FPS diference, altitude affects fps, also there can be slight changes in seals and bb weight that can give readings that may seem a bit off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline searscr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
Sorry, Echo1 is correct.  Thread edited.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by searscr »
Quando omni flunkus moritati