Author Topic: CYMA M14 full version  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Screwloose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
CYMA M14 full version
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:04:30 AM »
I have not had this gun out to any games yet, but so far it seems good.  The gearbox had some imperfections but it still seems solid enough. Take down was a pain compared to M4's because you have to disassemble the trigger mechanism to mess with the gear box.  But from the reviews I've read I guess all M14's are similar. The take down is not the same as the CA or TM versions so be careful and take notes.

When I got it from Airsoft GI it had written inside the box 367.  So I chronoed it, and sure enough with Excel .20's it was right around there.  I tossed an M120 in it and now it chronoed 373 at the highest with .25's which is just under the National OP limit. The variation is to about 10 FPS below that so not too much. BB trajectory appears decent, probably due to the long barrel.

I have not used it at any games yet, but so far it seems like a good gun.  And for $120. it is worth the price.  If your in the market for an M14, this seems like a good buy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts

Offline BoltActionRob

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: CYMA M14 full version
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 07:49:38 AM »
Post some pictures?
Rules 1&2 of the internet... don\'t discuss /b/

Offline Screwloose

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »
I'm not really picture post savey.  but it looked exactly like this when I bought it  

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2910

Maybe if someone takes a picture of it at the 28th game, they could post it here.
Some people hunt animals with bullets, We hunt people with plastic.
Desert Ghosts

Offline kurzed

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 09:10:06 PM »
This looks good and was one that I was looking to buy (specially because of the price and a good review). But I don't know if I trust CYMA yet. Luckly i found a G&G m14 for 170 and I jumped on it. I must say this was a way better buy. I am super happy with my purchase. But for my next AEG I will consider a CYMA.

Offline Bucket

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
Quote from: "kurzed"
This looks good and was one that I was looking to buy (specially because of the price and a good review). But I don't know if I trust CYMA yet. Luckly i found a G&G m14 for 170 and I jumped on it. I must say this was a way better buy. I am super happy with my purchase. But for my next AEG I will consider a CYMA.

I can tell you that the FPS varies. I bought one from Airsoft GI and the QC paperwork stated 375. I checked it with TSD Bio .20g BB's and it was actually more like 385, yes, out of the box. I can say the one I got is extremely accurate and it is very solid. However I am finding that getting lowcap or midcap mags is virtually impossible. Airsplat used to have the deepfire mags but I guess they are no longer carrying them and I can't seem to find any other places that have them.