Author Topic: REBEL UNION BBQ #4 PROJECT TITAN 2-6-10  (Read 434351 times)

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
Re: REBEL UNION BBQ #4 PROJECT TITAN 2-6-10
« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »
Quote from: "Wayney_Boy"
I think this discussion is pointless now.

That's a relief, I was really concerned if you though there was a point to it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Airsoft1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • Hardstyle
    • View Profile
    • The bestpony
« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2010, 09:36:49 PM »
Well I haven't really kept up with this argument, all I have to say is I was the guy with the multicam rifle shooting over 400 fps and I stuck to semi auto the entire time...

Anyways, it would be nice to get back to the picture and video sharing... this was my first time out and it was a decent field I thought and alright game play. I only got like 2 pictures because after the games started it was pretty intense:

The first thing I thought was 'the snipers are going to do best'. I'm pretty sure I was right.. :P
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn25 ... ldview.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn25 ... lineup.jpg

Good games!

~Stealthlead

Offline chrism

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 10, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
I agree again. I would be mad if I got shot point blank with a sniper as well. I would like to see AA start having sniper qualifications in order to use sniper rifles to stop new players from using them in an irresponsible way.

The problem is you are confusing Rebel Union with AA.  I think the last AA game I went to (60ish people IIRC) had 2 people with a bolt action rifle on a huge field (4 peaks).  The last RU game I went to (20ish people) also had 2 people with bolt action rifles on a small field.  The fact that snipers are WAY overrated in airsoft is moot.  Unless RU is playing on a different field than last time (entirely possible) it's a far too small a field to need "snipers".  Unfortunately I missed this particular game, but I've already heard complaints from two other people that did go that there were guns shooting far too hot for that field.  That's why many organized events chrono guns before hand.  Most also have an enforced MED.

I respect that RU wants a laid back feel to their events.  I have no problem with that in the slightest, it's your choice how you want to run your games.  But the bigger you guys get, the more problems like this you are going to have.  Unless you are playing on a much bigger field than before (once again you may be), you need to start enforcing chrono's.  At the very least on sniper rifles and/or spot checks on questionable guns.  

Getting shot in the back when you are out is a fact of life in airsoft.  It sucks, but it happens.  But when it's happening with guns shooting far too hot and from far too close that's when fights are going to break out.  If somebodies shooting someone point blank with a sniper rifle, he needs to be removed from the game.  Period.  That's bad for the game, bad for the group, bad for the sport.  It's one thing when it's just a small group of friends, it's another thing when you have other people there.

That's my thought anyways.

I realize this is a dead subject now but i just want to point out a few things, that everyone was chronoed before the game.

and as to getting shot in the back i know it happens in airsoft but this wasnt like that. i was standing about 1 foot away from the people i "surrendered" but none of them got out. so i was like ok im out, and turned and walked away and they stood up and shot me to be dicks, not because they didn't know if i was out or not. there is a big different when you are across the field from someone and you can't tell if they are out and you shoot them a few more times to make sure, or you are standing right next to someone and say out out and turn and walk away and they stand up and shoot you just to be a dick.

As for the shooting someone with a sniper point blank (me being the one shot point blank in the face) i totally agree they should have been thrown out from the game along with the other two guys who stood up and shot me. it is not safe nor is it good sportsmanship to stand up and shoot people point blank in the face when they are standing next to you saying out out and walking away.
V.I.P. Referee
http://www.vipairsoft.net

"The First Ones in for a Reason"

Offline TheBoy988

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #273 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
Quote from: "chrism"
I realize this is a dead subject now but i just want to point out a few things, that everyone was chronoed before the game.

and as to getting shot in the back i know it happens in airsoft but this wasnt like that. i was standing about 1 foot away from the people i "surrendered" but none of them got out. so i was like ok im out, and turned and walked away and they stood up and shot me to be dicks, not because they didn't know if i was out or not. there is a big different when you are across the field from someone and you can't tell if they are out and you shoot them a few more times to make sure, or you are standing right next to someone and say out out and turn and walk away and they stand up and shoot you just to be a dick.

As for the shooting someone with a sniper point blank (me being the one shot point blank in the face) i totally agree they should have been thrown out from the game along with the other two guys who stood up and shot me. it is not safe nor is it good sportsmanship to stand up and shoot people point blank in the face when they are standing next to you saying out out and walking away.

What the hell were you doing to have all this happen to you? Get shot in unpleasant places AND get shot point blank by a sniper?
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline fourwheeltrooperguy

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2010, 04:25:37 PM »
ok, as the organizer of the event i would like to say a few things.

First, everyone was chronoed at the event. all 70 something of them.

And honestly people. everything i have heard is about sportsmanship. i can only do so much to ensure that people understand how to have respect for each other on the field. the event was thoroughly planned out as our take on milsim games, obviously i can't please everybody. our field even when its full sized (as opposed to our weekly games with smaller numbers in attendance) is not very large, but its the field we built simply for the purpose of having a good time with a decent turnout on a regular basis.

that is what we do at Rebel Union, have fun. we dont try to be serious about airsoft, for christs sake its a bunch of adults running around playing guns. The whole reason i started Rebel Union was that when i first got into airsoft i found that most airsofters are clicky, if you werent part of their group you knew nothing. so i said "f**k it, i'll start hosting for people who just want to get out there and play immediately, for everyone that works 40 hrs a week and doesnt have the time for milsim all day events."

It's all about fun guys. I figure it out as i go along. and if you want to judge my organization then so be it, just realize that i do my best to ensure fun airsoft, at my own time and expense i might add. also all the work everyone at Rebel Union does to help. we do it for free, every weekend, and ask nothing in return.

And finally i would like to say thanks to everyone that does support us, you make it all worthwhile.
if it bleeds, we can kill it

Offline swift

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
Quote from: "fourwheeltrooperguy"
ok, as the organizer of the event i would like to say a few things.

First, everyone was chronoed at the event. all 70 something of them.

And honestly people. everything i have heard is about sportsmanship. i can only do so much to ensure that people understand how to have respect for each other on the field. the event was thoroughly planned out as our take on milsim games, obviously i can't please everybody. our field even when its full sized (as opposed to our weekly games with smaller numbers in attendance) is not very large, but its the field we built simply for the purpose of having a good time with a decent turnout on a regular basis.

that is what we do at Rebel Union, have fun. we dont try to be serious about airsoft, for christs sake its a bunch of adults running around playing guns. The whole reason i started Rebel Union was that when i first got into airsoft i found that most airsofters are clicky, if you werent part of their group you knew nothing. so i said "f**k it, i'll start hosting for people who just want to get out there and play immediately, for everyone that works 40 hrs a week and doesnt have the time for milsim all day events."

It's all about fun guys. I figure it out as i go along. and if you want to judge my organization then so be it, just realize that i do my best to ensure fun airsoft, at my own time and expense i might add. also all the work everyone at Rebel Union does to help. we do it for free, every weekend, and ask nothing in return.

And finally i would like to say thanks to everyone that does support us, you make it all worthwhile.

On a positive note, the games were awesome jacob. the first game was sweet! thanks for all the time put into the story line.
rebelunionairsoft.com

Offline Kevin

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »
Jacob - you have acheived a fun environment.
You have acheived a relaxed atmosphere where adults run around and play with guns - and have fun!

And dammit - you are right - most of it was/is about sportsmanship.  You can't be there to babysit the players. You can just be there to make the venue happen, and get the people there.  And it was damn fine event if I must say so.  Probably the best event I've been to paintball OR airsoft.

You did it right.  And did it well.  You have ambassadors on the field, myself included, that attempted to keep the heat down, and the fun up.  I think we did.

there were a few "issues" but - no fist fights.  And lots of smiles.  I think that's 100% great.

If you have a comment or suggestion about a problem - write jacob a PM and let him know about it - and then trust him to either deal with it or not.  Some things need managing, others don't.  And then get out there and remember the main goal - have fun - and be adult - and play with airsoft guns.  Mission accomplished.

Jacob - it rocked.  Don't let anyone tell you different.

Offline Kevin

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 10, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
p.s.  I think everyone who's read this thread is honestly respecting and thinking about the issues brought up - and thinking about how they can help solve the problem and still have fun.   the group on the field are a solid group of guys.  trust em to figure it out.

Offline Wayney_Boy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 10, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »
Shit I had a blast!  And personally I think all the whining at this point is pointless.
Some fortune cookies have no fortune

Offline chrism

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
i hope you don't think i was putting down the even jacob. it was a very well organized event and it went really well. All of the RU games normally go very well and are a lot of fun. This event was no different. I had no problems with how the game was set up or run or anything like that...like you said it was just sportsmanship problems. I was just trying to get some feedback of what other people thought and how to fix the problem. It all comes down to people following the rules correctly and having good sportsmanship. But that is an individual basis and has nothing to do with how the game was setup or ran.

All in all it was a great game, i still had a lot of fun. and i am looking forward to the next RU game. You guys, especially you jacob put a lot of time into these events and they are great. keep up the good work.

Chris
Special Forces
V.I.P. Referee

Offline koadrewko

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
the game was awsome!!! i had the best of time even with my gun breaking really bad  :lol:
all in all i know that silly people shouldnt destroy your great time.

Offline TheBoy988

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=560727808
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2010, 12:43:24 AM »
yeah the game was awesome. The discussion about sniper rules and stuff should probably be moved to a different thread all together but it just happened to some up here simply because there were issues concerning it at the game. It had nothing to do with the game or organizers. Jacob i hope it goes with out saying that i back what your doing 100%. You did everything you could to ensure a fair safe game. All of the hype about surrenders and sniping rules came up simply because their is a large amount of new players that don't thoroughly understand the mechanics of the game and the rules we play by to ensure the safety of everyone.

It is the veterans responsibility to teach all new players the rules and more importantly why the rules are in place. If you see some one doing something in an unsafe manner please stop them and explain what they are doing wrong in a respectful way.
"Don\'t fire and correct! Fire correctly!" - ME

Offline carbon14c

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »
Quote from: "fourwheeltrooperguy"
most airsofters are clicky, if you werent part of their group you knew nothing. so i said "f**k it, i'll start hosting for people who just want to get out there and play immediately, for everyone that works 40 hrs a week and doesnt have the time for milsim all day events."

+1

everyone could sit here all day, and pick everything apart. but i think it all comes down to common sense. shit happens, it was a good game. when you have 80 people playing, shits going to happen. thats really all there is to it
see you space cowboy...

Offline chrism

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 11, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
Quote from: "TheBoy988"
yeah the game was awesome. The discussion about sniper rules and stuff should probably be moved to a different thread all together but it just happened to some up here simply because there were issues concerning it at the game. It had nothing to do with the game or organizers. Jacob i hope it goes with out saying that i back what your doing 100%. You did everything you could to ensure a fair safe game. All of the hype about surrenders and sniping rules came up simply because their is a large amount of new players that don't thoroughly understand the mechanics of the game and the rules we play by to ensure the safety of everyone.

It is the veterans responsibility to teach all new players the rules and more importantly why the rules are in place. If you see some one doing something in an unsafe manner please stop them and explain what they are doing wrong in a respectful way.

agreed
V.I.P. Referee

Offline Katabatik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 11, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »
+1