Author Topic: Project/Build Section?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Note

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Project/Build Section?
« on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »
I don't know how many people would make use of it but I think it would be really cool if there was a thread for gun/gear builds. This could be anything from guns people have seen on movies,outfits seen in video games, or even something custom. For example I was planning on doing a M733 build of Sgt. Gary Gordon's M733 in the movie Black Hawk Down. I was thankfully able to find tons of info on it and even saw another players completed project which can be found here: http://airsoftbuilds.com/weapon.php?id=942. I changed my mind recently and plan on trying my best to replicate Robert Neville's M4 as seen in "I Am Legend". To me it would be awesome if there was a place I could post updates on my build as I go along or view other peoples builds they may have. Just something that I thought would be good to share with the site and see what other users have to say.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
Re: Project/Build Section?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
I'll wait to see what other people chime in about the idea, but my problem with that kind of thread is for every one person posting a quality replica build you get 12 slapping an optic on their gun and calling it a replica of something.

Offline xTanTricK

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
I like the idea but I also have a feeling that this will turn into another gun picture thread and or gear picture thread with people just posting pictures of the stuff they already have and not care if it's a replica or not.
Whiskey One Alpha

Offline INFIDEL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • You can never have to many mags.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
yes on this. as long as there are clear rules to it. like only current builds, before/after pics. part lists. maybe even clean step-by-step how to's. if poeple post properly and make sure their layout is clean cut it would be awesome. would post my current build.
PLUGGING MY SALE THREAD WITHOUT SHAME!
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=33078.0
On Field Callsign: Rig
Freelancer Airsoft Group - FLAG

Offline deathbydanish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
I rem
I'll wait to see what other people chime in about the idea, but my problem with that kind of thread is for every one person posting a quality replica build you get 12 slapping an optic on their gun and calling it a replica of something.

I remember that being a big problem in the gear/guns threads too. Something like this will either need a lot of modding to keep to the standards that the thread was intended to aspire to or the standards for the thread can be lax and you'll have a 1 to 12 ratio of good posts to lame posts.
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Terreus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
yes on this. as long as there are clear rules to it. like only current builds, before/after pics. part lists. maybe even clean step-by-step how to's. if poeple post properly and make sure their layout is clean cut it would be awesome. would post my current build.

I agree with this guy
EA is the great Satan of gaming