Author Topic: REVIEW : HFC M9  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Revolution Airsoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
REVIEW : HFC M9
« on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »
Use link for specs:  http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=6636

Background

I got the HFC M9 GBB Pistol about 6 months ago, and it has served me very well.  It was my first and only GBB pistol I've owned (although I have used many other ones in battle, including one KJW and a few different WE's).  I have used it roughly ten times at Vanguard and three times at Fuji Field (outdoor).  So, I do have plenty of experience with it.

Review

I will start with the performance.  This gun has PLENTY of accuracy for using it as a primary in Vanguard.  As for outdoor, with a little wind, it goes roughly 50 feet accurately with .25 gram bbs.  It has a very nice, solid blowback that cycles smoothly, and the gun itself hasn't failed me yet after about 5,000 rounds through it.  However, the HFC mags are notoriously bad!  My first one sprung a leak within the first 3 times of use.  My other one has held up for a while now, though.  I'm guessing the one that comes with the gun is bad, because I've heard of other people say their extra ones do just fine.  Other than that, performance wise, this gun is plenty good to use as a primary in a CQB environment, and a very reliable sidearm for outdoor.

Next, the external quality.  It is full metal, and feels solid.  There is a pistol rail, but no threaded barrel.  Now, this isn't the most solid GBB I've used, but it is good enough.  To be more specific, the hammer and the lower half of the gun do have a little wobble between them, but so do all M9 models I have felt.  I have only seen and felt two HFC M9s, one of which being mine, and both had safety switch problems.  Mine isn't that big of a deal, it's just kinda sticky.  The other one had a problem where even if the safety was on, the hammer would go back just a little bit, but would never shoot.  (It worked fine off safety, just to clarify.)  Again, not a huge problem, but it could get annoying.

How about the classic pros and cons??

Pros:
-  Great performance (especially for the price!)
-  Full metal
-  Externals are plenty good enough
-  $75.00!
-  Plenty of range for CQB (specifically vanguard)
-  25 rounds per mag (could also be a con)
-  smooth hammer when cocking and using in battle
-  Very RELIABLE sidearm... with some new mags

Cons:
-  Horrid starting mag
-  safety switch problems (very minor)
-  25 round magazine (not realistic)

Final Verdict

If you buy based on performance, want a very reliable sidearm, are on a budget, or all of the above, this one is for you.  For $75, you can't lose.  After getting a few new mags, you are good to go!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Nik Armitage

Offline BreechUnClear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: REVIEW : HFC M9
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »
Had an HFC as well, only problem was the mags! Great accuracy with it!