Author Topic: Pipers M134A & A2 minigun UPDATED!!  (Read 5858 times)

Offline mini-support

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Pipers M134A & A2 minigun UPDATED!!
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:23:28 PM »
All I have to say is Minigun. This thing is the coolest thing I currently own next to my Harley. A good substitue for a real one at 5600.00 (who has a class 3 and 300,000 dollars to burn, not to mention it costs roughly $150.00+ a minute to shoot a real minigun at 3000spm)
Loads of fun and a cool conversation piece.

It fires both 6mm plastic and 6mm steel without changing inner barrels. With an adjustable regulator it can shoot as high as 600fps with .20s with good accuracy and range.

I have not yet had the chance to crank up the psi and shoot steel yet but I am told it can do some damage :twisted: .

(update)ROF is between 45 to 50 rps

Internal hopper ammo capacity M134A=1500, M134A2=5800

Barrels spun electrically by 14.4v motor/battery. BBs are propelled by regulated external air source.

Pros:
 High rate of fire
 Good range/accuracy (long tighbore barrels)
 Fps adjustablility/ammo versitility
 Intimidation and wow factor
 Battery life
 Can be a fixed or carried weapon with proper attachment
 Very realistic, 95% metal with spinning, independently firing barrels
 Very low maintenence

Cons:
 High rate of fire
 Loading during skirmish is a pain, takes an extra person and a funnel(update: found the excell bb bottles remedy this problem)
 Expensive (the new ones are $5600, for the gun alone!)
 Heavy, gun alone weighs 35lbs, not to mention the air supply/gear can be 30+lbs also
 M134A's limited internal ammo capacity(1500) the A2 is improved(5800)
 Have to carry external air source
 Internals are not owner serviceable
 No hop-up
http://pipersprecisionproducts.com/m134_6mm.htm
http://www.xcalibertactical.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mini-support »
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

"It\'s time to let Old Painless out of the bag"....

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:17:37 PM »
I know this topic is old, but can using a lower voltage battery bring the rpm down to a more reasonable amount?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:03:51 PM »
Quote from: "babybackribs"
I know this topic is old, but can using a lower voltage battery bring the rpm down to a more reasonable amount?

Sure. But, why would you wanna do that? The real things standard firing rate is set at 50 rounds a second and generally has a two stage firing control that switches between 50rps to 70+rps or so.
The whole point to the minigun is to saturate the target with a retarded amount of rounds with very little effort and trouble. 8)
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:56 PM »
Yea, but doesn't your gun only hold 1500 rounds?  That doesn't last very long.  :?

Religion is a joke.

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 12:06:55 AM »
It lasts long enough, especially when used properly. It's designed for suppression and to be used in conjuction with a squad, not as a stand-alone unit in the field.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 07:43:13 AM »
Yea, but doesn't your gun only hold 1500 rounds?  That doesn't last very long.  :?

Exactly. Pick your targets. If I walked around and just sprayed bbs everywhere I would be constantly re-loading for sure. The volume of fire is excellent for cutting through bushes, flushing people out, and keeping peoples heads down while my team takes them out.
Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »
Have you tried making some sort of hopper that you attatch to the gun and have a bunch of bb's on your back?

Religion is a joke.

Offline Bullseye

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
Have you tried making some sort of hopper that you attatch to the gun and have a bunch of bb's on your back?

Lyle and I have kinda discussed it, the trick is making the backpack look decent enough (BTW - still looking for belt segments, dude! The problem is that most of the stuff is going back to the sandbox for reuse - I could try and fab lookalikes with a breakpress, but then we're talking serious weight unless I go with ABS plastic).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bullseye »
Field Cmdr, Fatal Exception

He who dies with the most toys...
... is still dead. http://www.tucsoncoalition.com http://www.teamfe0.com

Offline mini-support

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 08:10:14 PM »
Quote from: "Bullseye"

Lyle and I have kinda discussed it, the trick is making the backpack look decent enough (BTW - still looking for belt segments, dude! The problem is that most of the stuff is going back to the sandbox for reuse - I could try and fab lookalikes with a breakpress, but then we're talking serious weight unless I go with ABS plastic).

Actually another m134a1 owner has come up with a bb shuttle system to feed the ever so hungry m134 from the backpack. I am waiting for the guy to release the plans so I can build one.
Oh yeah, I FINALLY got a hold of some feed chute. Really completes the set-up :D

Lyle
AirsoftAddicts.com

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 10:19:25 PM »
Maybe if you get a C-mag upgraded to keep up with the rate of fire, you could take out the feed system, stick it in a massive hopper, and connect a tube from it to the gun.

Religion is a joke.

Offline usmcpog

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.TEAMOF.COM
Re: Pipers M134A & A2 minigun UPDATED!!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 11:54:43 AM »
I know this is an old thread about the P3 minigun, but I thought I could share this bit of information I got from Spartan Imports:

Wapak, Ohio, Sep. 29 – Piper’s Precision Products announced today that they have entered into an exclusive agreement with Classic Army to produce Piper’s innovative Airsoft M134 Minigun. Piper’s has granted Classic Army the exclusive rights to manufacture and distribute worldwide the Airsoft M134 Minigun using Piper’s design. The Piper’s Airsoft M134 Minigun will be offered in two complete packages, the backpack “Predator” version and the vehicle mounted “Blackhawk” version.

Piper’s Precision Products is the globally acknowledged innovator and leader in rotary, multi-barreled BB guns. Piper’s products are highly sought after by collectors, their functional reliability, and sheer enjoyment value. The Airsoft M134 Minigun is the culmination of years of research and is the finest BB minigun ever made. Using a combination of rechargeable battery power and bottled CO2, the Airsoft M134 Minigun is capable of rates of fire exceeding 70 rounds per second at velocities of up to 450 feet per second using 6 mm 0.2 gram plastic BBs. Almost every component of the Airsoft M134 Minigun is precision machined and designed to perform flawlessly under the toughest conditions.

Paul Piper, the owner of Piper’s Precision Products, owns the utility patent for any rotary, multi-barreled BB gun. Paul has designed and produced numerous types of multi-barreled BB guns, and acknowledges that the Airsoft M134 Minigun is his finest work to date. Piper’s is also the designer and manufacturer of the Strafer Mk IV, a law enforcement non-lethal application BB gun.

Classic Army is global brand leader in premium Airsoft guns. Paul Piper selected Classic Army to produce his minigun design due to Classic Army’s acknowledged reputation as a quality manufacturer and global distributor of high end Airsoft products.

As Paul stated, “Between my tested Minigun design and specifications, and Classic Army’s manufacturing and distribution capabilities, I feel we can offer the discriminating Airsoft hobbyist and collector the finest Minigun replica ever made at a very attractive price.”

The first production Airsoft M134 Miniguns are expected to be released in the first half of 2009.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
Semper Fi,
Lawrence

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 07:00:15 PM »
I'm very excited to see just what the CA M134s have to offer, especially the crew-served variant.

Hopefully, it will be rugged enough to handle no-shit ground vehicle applications.

Offline I Slap Fat Kids

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 08:37:16 PM »
I was looking at that.  It looks like it might be a great support weapon for entrenchments or, as azsarge said, vehicle applications.  I know there are other miniguns out there but I think the CA will be more durable.
Replicas:

TM P90 red dot
SRC G36K with a CA AG-36
JG G36C
TM Hi-Capa M.R.P.
KJW MK II
WE HK 416
WE Hi-Capa Dragon
And a few friends\':

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 09:42:12 PM »
Another win for spartan imports.  :roll:

One of these would go nicely on my truck.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Mad Max

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://bullydogairsoftgrenades.webs.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 12:10:16 AM »
This gun is awesome,  see the p3 in action here, lol scotts are awesome...looks like the guy from the castrol oil commercial,
THINK WITH YOUR DIPSTICK JIMMY!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! here is the vid link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyIKPK0eDE
Image Hosting
[size=150]Eli Lewis BDAS 2009 Gunner/Grenadier[/size]