Author Topic: I might be able to help with some CQB Locations  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 01:09:06 AM »
Quote from: andyhinds
I wouldn't be down for this, I don't need any instruction.  Especially when I don't know who the instructors are, and half the time people make up sh1t like their ex-SEAL's or something.  

One good way to weed out Fake Frogs is VeriSEAL, -check out this one, who plays airsoft, to boot..

http://sec-global.com/services/ctp/vsg/ ... 14543.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline studdermonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 01:51:39 AM »
I would be down for all except the weapon safety. No matter if there is a price.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 02:59:52 AM »
Well, my problem is that this is training. We want a place to play force on force CQB fighting. Not training, which is rarely force on force.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Lasivian

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 07:04:28 AM »
I agree with firehead.

What we're after is a battleground.

This is a game, we train by doing and failing and not doing again what failed us last time. Unlike Police or Military where training before the fact is required before you make life or death decisions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lasivian »

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 11:09:35 AM »
One class I took long ago was aimed at the guy at home protecting himself against a armed prowler.

It was taught by a Tempe Police officer, and included a lot of thngs I found useful for paintball (then).. Staying out of "fatal funnels", how to move in the dark and shooting techniques.

Came in handy in the CQB games. Now, maybe some of the things mentioned sound strange, but then again.. Something like "Executive Protection" might be interesting in a scenario game.

I'm willing to go and see what I can use, or not. -Got the time.
Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 12:08:20 PM »
Quote from: "Mooncruiser"
One class I took long ago was aimed at the guy at home protecting himself against a armed prowler.

It was taught by a Tempe Police officer, and included a lot of thngs I found useful for paintball (then).. Staying out of "fatal funnels", how to move in the dark and shooting techniques.

Came in handy in the CQB games. Now, maybe some of the things mentioned sound strange, but then again.. Something like "Executive Protection" might be interesting in a scenario game.

I'm willing to go and see what I can use, or not. -Got the time.
Chip

Go shoot IDPA, a lot of the course set ups are for home invasions.  Learn to practice drawing from concealment, tactical shooting order, tactical reloads, slicing the pie, etc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline AAMike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 01:01:50 PM »
For those airsoft players seeking the thrill of games, this opportunity will not provide you with what you seek.  As stated in the original offer, this is a chance to work on individual skill development in a unique building environment.  It also provides our company valuable feedback necessary for the creation of a successful Airsoft program.

As for the qualifications of the personnel teaching the classes, most are ex or active duty military with specialized training in the specific topics.  Others are members of local airsoft businesses who wish to further the safety aspect of the hobby.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by AAMike »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
Sign me up. I am willing to train/help our sport anyway possible and to work on my skills is always a plus.

Sometimes even going over the basics again, again and again will never hurt.
 Theres no such thing as too much training when your talking safty and tactical
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 02:43:19 PM »
Quote from: "AAMike"
For those airsoft players seeking the thrill of games, this opportunity will not provide you with what you seek.  As stated in the original offer, this is a chance to work on individual skill development in a unique building environment.  It also provides our company valuable feedback necessary for the creation of a successful Airsoft program.

As for the qualifications of the personnel teaching the classes, most are ex or active duty military with specialized training in the specific topics.  Others are members of local airsoft businesses who wish to further the safety aspect of the hobby.

Send me a Pm with your contact number, and I can ask you questions in depth,
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline AAMike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2005, 09:12:30 AM »
For thoseJuly of you who have submitted invitation requests, please try to complete the guest information before June 24th and reply via email.  No further invitations will be sent out after Thursday, June 24.  I am coordinating the first training programs for July 24th.  

If you have not received the guest information request.  Please send an email to:

trainingrequestaz@yahoo.com

Offline AAMike

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 08:55:21 PM »
Thank you to those individuals that replied to the training request.  I will be contacting those who submitted their guest information over the next week.

Offline pythonline

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 09:07:59 PM »
I think some basic strategies are necessary.

You can't learn everything on the fly, that would take one round per mistake => a long time
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by pythonline »
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!