Author Topic: AK Lovers!!!!  (Read 8073 times)

Offline studdermonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2005, 02:27:17 PM »
Yeah, it was a TM M4.. those SUCK!

And I say.. tons of us gear goes fine with a spets, or an ak103 or so.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 06:45:14 PM »
i had an ak 47 once, i sold it and bought an ar 15 it was a good gun but i wanted a gun to match my vietnam uniform. the only problem i ever had with it was feeding malfunctions
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 07:49:29 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I remember hearing about this one squad of guys during Vietnam I think that were made up of vietnamese and US army who wore non-country-specific uniforms and always carried guns not specific to any country. They did recon in North Vietnam...Although I could be wrong. It was on the History Channel a  while back.

Studder.....Was that a TM m4? Maybe thats why you don't like it.

SOG groups wore uniforms with no identification on them and frequently carried/wore enemy uniforms and weapons to hopefully confuse the VC/NVA if they were discovered. SOG groups consisted of two U.S. soldiers and 5-6 locals (though the numbers constantly seemed to have differed in relation to the # of natives on a team). Sorry to get off topic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline Surplus man

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 07:36:19 PM »
generally sog units were made up of mexican americans and americans of indian heritage, i heard a story about a group of native americans in an sog group they were wearing plain od uiforms and red bandanas with ak chest rigs and were carring aks, they came up on a squad of nva and they said the nva were waving and smiling at them right before they cut them to ribbons.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:45 AM »
I put a post up on General topic for those of you who want to join an all Russian Team!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
sorry
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2005, 02:24:14 PM »
Quote from: "sNiPeRWoLf88"
you know what... its this simple.

ak's beat any gun out there in almost every way.  they've existed for 70 years, and probably have another 70 to go.  sure as hell will beat out the M16 (we're just about through witth those anyways).  you can treat em like s***, and they'll just keep on going and going and going... like the little engine that could.

I am very sorry to drag everyone off topic but I can't resist a post like this.

If you define "better" on only the basis of it's ability to function after abuse then it is a better weapons system. That said, the M16 is a better platform. It is lighter, it's magazines are lighter, it is FAR more accurate (Show me an ak that hits past 250meters, I can hit 500meters with my M16) and best of all, the .223rem is a much more effective round that the 7.62x39 will ever be, or for that matter the 5.45x39 that the 74s fire. We will be using M16s for at least another 10 years, and for the record, the reason the AK47 is still in service in most of the places that use it is because those places can't afford to upgrade.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2005, 03:02:26 PM »
Well, thats true to an extent. From what i've seen AK is a far more superior  in close than the M16. The reason why they use it becuase it is cheap, and tough. Beat the crap out of an M16 it starts to fail, beat the crap out of AKs, they'll work like a charm(this too in the airsoft world, from my experience). Not to mention, the cheaper, the more men they can arm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline TheRev

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
AK's
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2005, 06:47:10 PM »
Just for clarification Sniperwolf88, the AK and it's variants have been around for less than 60 years (hence the moniker "47" in the name - Automat Kalashnikova obraztsa 1947 goda). Mikhail Surgeyavich Kalashnikova developed the weapon in 1946 as an improvement to captured German Mp44's which used a similar gas system. In 1949 the rifle was officially adopted by the Soviet military. Just the facts folks.

TheRev
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TheRev »
No plan, no matter how well conceived, survives first contact - Murphy\'s Law 124

Books, my young Padawan, are the food of the mind - Me

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: sorry
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2005, 07:26:35 PM »
Quote from: "Lightning_Man"
you know what... its this simple.

ak's beat any gun out there in almost every way.  they've existed for 70 years, and probably have another 70 to go.  sure as hell will beat out the M16 (we're just about through witth those anyways).  you can treat em like s***, and they'll just keep on going and going and going... like the little engine that could.

I am very sorry to drag everyone off topic but I can't resist a post like this.

If you define "better" on only the basis of it's ability to function after abuse then it is a better weapons system. That said, the M16 is a better platform. It is lighter, it's magazines are lighter, it is FAR more accurate (Show me an ak that hits past 250meters, I can hit 500meters with my M16) and best of all, the .223rem is a much more effective round that the 7.62x39 will ever be, or for that matter the 5.45x39 that the 74s fire. We will be using M16s for at least another 10 years, and for the record, the reason the AK47 is still in service in most of the places that use it is because those places can't afford to upgrade.

Tell that to a Nam VET! Didnt you say you  are exmilitary?

:shock:

WOW The m16s days are numbered, We are already field testing the  6.8spc and a new battlerifle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by gixser13 »

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2005, 07:32:51 PM »
Wave of the Future: The XM-8 Battle Rifle

Question: Can you build an all-purpose battle rifle that can change colors, barrels, and weapons packages on the fly, comes equipped with a grenade launcher and shotgun that can take out Sigourney Weaver's aliens, and jams far less frequently than the M-16? Answer: The new XM-8 rifle by Heckler and Koch.

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13 ... M8,00.html

Dont get me wrong I LOVE THE M4 I own 2 real M4s and one Ar15
plus my Airsoft rifle. but I have to agree with the AK as the better all around rifle. keep in mind most battles now are under 200 meters mostly CQB so the range for the AK is not an issue.

My best friend EX Ranger, John came across a 91/30 with a pu scope on it in Iraq. They encounter a Sniper in a building  about 1/2 down the Road called in artillery. After the building was leveled they went in to look for dead and wounded and there it was 1944 91/30. Said the wood looked 100 years old but the action was flawless. Broke his heart when the had to burn it

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: sorry
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 08:06:38 PM »
Quote from: "gixser13"
Quote from: "Lightning_Man"

Tell that to a Nam VET! Didnt you say you  are exmilitary?

:shock:

WOW The m16s days are numbered, We are already field testing the  6.8spc and a new battlerifle

Actually I will hapily telll that to a 'Nam vet since the M16 he used is no longer a valid measure of the comparison. As a combat veteran myself, having faced the AK47 in the field and bsted it with an M4, I can speak of a comparison that is current.

The level of maintenance required for an M16 to function is much lower today than it was then although people still like to refer to it as a high maintenance rifle, they are clinging to the past and to rumors. Clean it once a day and it's fine.

The other aspect of the platform that makes it superior to the AK series, is ergonomics. For an AK user (right handed) to switch from safe to semi to auto is much less convenient and makes noise, changing magazines with one hand is very difficult, and then you have to charge which is done at the push of a button on the M16.

The bottom line is that the M16 was designed fopr and developed over time for use by a trained army of marksmen. The AK47 is the exact opposit, designed and developed for a massive army of ill trained conscripts. There is a reason that an M16 goes from safe to semi to auto, and an ak goes from safe to auto to semi. It was designed to employ volleys of inaccuare lead. Much like the russian tank, the idea was to hurl a wall of metal at the enemy and win by numbers.

I admit the AK is reliable, no question about it but even in it's own field it isn't the best, Galil and Baretta variations on the platform are far superior. That said, it is still sexy.

It is what we do,

Offline gixser13

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 08:18:01 PM »
I do like the AR/m16/m4s

My Dad Vet from Nam 69-70 and Desert Storm
carried one in both conflicts. Yes we all know about the daily cleaning of the M16 LOL.
Like I said I love the Rifle but theres pros and cons to both guns

Give me an MG42 and i'll build you a lead wall

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
yep
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »
Mg42, LOL, now we are talking.

I have always been partial to the Lewis Gun myself, not quite the power house the MG42 is but it's cool.

The MG42 truely is a power house and an amazing design, The MG the germans use today is for all intents and purposes the same gun.

It is what we do,

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 08:24:06 PM »
yes, the Rhienmetall Mg3 is the same exact design, using 7.62 x 51 NATO ammo. Only problem is the ROF is so high you are more likely to change out barrels several times in a very serious fight. They can kick serious ass when it comes to a fight though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
Re: AK's
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 08:25:01 PM »
Quote from: "TheRev"
Just for clarification Sniperwolf88, the AK and it's variants have been around for less than 60 years (hence the moniker "47" in the name - Automat Kalashnikova obraztsa 1947 goda). Mikhail Surgeyavich Kalashnikova developed the weapon in 1946 as an improvement to captured German Mp44's which used a similar gas system. In 1949 the rifle was officially adopted by the Soviet military. Just the facts folks.

TheRev

yes yes.... tis called a typo.  the "6" and "7" after all, well... they're nice and close to eachother on the keyboard.  ;)  especially on my laptop.  

but what a nice opportunity i presented you with to display your knowledge of the rifles birth!  especially when you could have simply said it was 60, not 70 years old.  

sorry to be in a snippy mood, but i don't feel like someone rubbing a typo inmy face, when all the while people screaming at my friend for....oh my goodness.... not punctuating.  ON THE INTERNET.

*edit for 2 words
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 08:28:57 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.