Author Topic: Furst Gun Selected, upgrade advice?  (Read 7468 times)

Offline KOBO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2005, 02:02:45 PM »
I just picked up a CA M15A4 Rifle and been thinking about the whole upgrade situation. I read the newbie guide and after doing a search and finding this thread it makes sense skipping any upgrades until I ran the rifle through a few games first.

What I am wondering about though, I have heard about the CA's hop unit isn’t good and people say to have it replaced. Also heard people saying the piston head isn’t efficient as well. Would these parts need to be replaced for better performance? Is it also that the people just had a bad experience and are just being very vocal about the parts. Basically should I worry about these parts giving me problems in the field or is it safe to believe that the rifle will perform just fine?

Thank you for your help
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2005, 05:22:28 PM »
Well like you read, run it at a few games and then consider upgrades based on performance. Typically what guys do is right off the bat: M120 spring or pdi 170%, tight bore barrel, better cylinder head and metal bushings. All that will get your gun shooting at a respectable FPS and will give you a little bit more range to reach out and touch someone.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."