Author Topic:  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: January 12, 2004, 06:00:36 PM »
I see them selling it at the gun shows all the time, but I suspect they buy if from Flecktarn or some other company over seas.  Check out www.flecktarn.co.uk, good prices and shipping is reasonable.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 06:41:35 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HavHav</i>
<br />I'm selling a LBV that is in British DPM. It can hold 12 M16 magazines, 2 pouches for a small radio or ACE Bandage sized object, and has 2 Dump Pouches that could also be used to hold 2 M249 Box magazines (1 magazine each)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Also known to the rest of the world as a South African Pattern '83 (P83).

There is a surplus store here in AZ that sells DPM tops and bottoms for $18 each.  I can pretty much guarantee that they DO NOT ship, but it's worth a try.  Also try http://www.cheaperthandirt.com.

Ps the name of the store here is Laradas Army Surplus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 09:10:37 PM »
Allied Surplus has the SA Pattern 83 vest (a REAL one in the Nutria brown) for about $90.00.  It's in OK condition.  I like mine too much to sell it. :)  Allied also has the knock-offs, which go for about $60.00  The original SA vest only holds 10 mags....4 up on the shoulders (two each side), 4 on the hip pouches/saddle-bags) and two in the right belly area.  There is a generic utiliy pocket on the left side belly area into which one could stuff a couple of mags, so I guess maybe it could hold 12.

I've also got a Swedish version of the same vest (nope, not for sale, sorry).

For what it's worth, I am working with a couple gear makers to get pouches made up which would allow one to re-create the SA vest in the new PracTac PT-03 MESA (Molle Enhanced South African) modular vest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 08:06:53 AM »
LT., All 3 of the surplus stores get it in periodically. I assume you're looking for the Greens and not the Desert. Let me know exactly what you want and what size and I'll pick it up and send it to you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline ocmsrzr

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 05:17:12 PM »
ED,

I have hit up over a dozen suppliers and I can't find anything in a long or a tall. It sucks to be all arms and legs I tell ya lol.

Yeah I am trying to get my hands on set of DPM green trousers, shirt, Jacket(preferabley their waterproof version) and a DPM boonie hat.

The bitch is I abouta 32waist 34 inseam on the pants and Large preferable long/tall on the shirt jacket.

Funny I never noticed before that all englishmen are short with subbie arms lol

Dennis
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ocmsrzr »
LT Dennis Jordan
BCO 2nd Platoon
\"I will not fail, I will not falter...BCO lead the way!\"

Offline Victor3

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 09:41:34 PM »
OK I'll be looking. I'll let you know if/when I find something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Victor3 »
"Victor3"
Airsoft AZ
Eat Hot Lead...uh...I mean Plastic!!

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 11:57:28 AM »
Dennis, I had the same problem a few years back.  You guys called me Legs at LC2 for a reason!  I need 33" waist and 36" inseam, plus XL Tall shirts.  I spent hundreds of dollars on Ebay auctions hoping to be able to assemble at least one useable set of clothing.  No dice.  I even checked with a supplier in England, who told me he had never seen such lengths.  I accepted the compliment for what it was, but it didn't help me any in my pursuits.  If you do have better luck, let us know, boss!
Hit 'em hard at LC3!
-Kyle
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 11:51:11 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Legs</i>
<br />Dennis, I had the same problem a few years back.  You guys called me Legs at LC2 for a reason!  I need 33" waist and 36" inseam, plus XL Tall shirts.  I spent hundreds of dollars on Ebay auctions hoping to be able to assemble at least one useable set of clothing.  No dice.  I even checked with a supplier in England, who told me he had never seen such lengths.  I accepted the compliment for what it was, but it didn't help me any in my pursuits.  If you do have better luck, let us know, boss!
Hit 'em hard at LC3!
-Kyle
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I <i>had</i> the same problem.  Start saggin'.  I got myself down to a 34/34 by telling myself it looks cool to see that much plaid lycra.[;)]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline ocmsrzr

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
DPM camo
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 05:54:32 PM »
Does anyone know of any US based retailers that stock British DPM camo uniforms and gear?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by ocmsrzr »
LT Dennis Jordan
BCO 2nd Platoon
\"I will not fail, I will not falter...BCO lead the way!\"