Author Topic:  (Read 1548 times)

Offline KamikazeSM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: January 07, 2003, 01:04:03 AM »
That is an incredibly vague question considering gun choice only has to do with (most importantly) what you think is cool and what has the features you'll use and so far we know neither about you.  They all perform the same stock, but the AUG has a better gearbox than the MP5 which doesn't matter if you're not upgrading.  After that, consider that MP5's have bad hi-caps and factor in any economical considerations (mp5s are cheaper, but not if you have to buy all std's).  And then think about size and weight and feel and see if it is compatible with your play style.  And bottom line, choose what is cool.  That is really all the matters because even if you find a gun that has bad features, etc. you can always dish it off to someone who does like it, so just go ahead and feel one then decide which looks cooler.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline BoStOn

• Private
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftshots.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 11:58:46 AM »
Also you want if to fit your type of game play.  I you like long distances then you would want a longer rifle and if you like to be right up in the action... you would probally want a smaller rifle or an MP5.  Check out these sites to answer any more questions you might have.  http://www.airsoftarizona.com/newbie_st ... ie_faq.htm
http://www.airsoftarizona.com/newbie_st ... irsoft.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by BoStOn »
\"Each picture has its own value. Each cost us something. Sometimes it cost us blood.\" —Van Bao, North Vietnamese photographer

\"The brave ones were shooting
the enemy. The crazy ones were shooting film.\"

Offline taz

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftaddicts.com
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2003, 09:07:03 PM »
In my opinion any AK-47 version would be good.The AK-47,AK-47s,or the AK-SPETSNAZ are very dependable and durable guns.The AK-47 and AK-SPETSNAZ do carry the bigger battery,which is great if you want to play for an extended period of time.Rhino has a good point,you should hold and check out a few guns before buying one. Visit the game-on store at 5008 w.Northern Suite #8 phone# 623-847-7001,or call and ask for RON in the evenings to see what they have in stock.Ron is there from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm,and knows all the stats on airsoft guns.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by taz »
Scott
Airsoft Addicts

www.AirsoftAddicts.com  (I\'LL PEE ON YOU)

Offline sadadar

• FNG
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 07:12:12 PM »
I agrea that I should look at a few guns before buying a gun.  Is there a some place that I could Rent a gun to try them out. (I am a por man don't want to buy a gun I do not like)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sadadar »

Offline Legs

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 08:32:16 PM »
Come out to the AA game in February and you can probably handle just about everything you might be interested in.  I don't know anybody who wouyldn't let you fire off a mag through his/her gun.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"

Offline yellowmonkey

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ratemykitten.com
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 12:04:41 AM »
I'm pertty new to airsoft myself... I recently got a g3sg1 for Christmas (I want to put in a review for it soon too). As far as choosing an airsoft gun goes the foremost thing I can stress is how it looks, e.g. do you like its color, basic shape, ect. . The other things you should consider is how you think you would like to play (I don't know if you have used spring powered or otherwise before). If you like to spray and pray or you like having an accurate gun. Where you will play makes a difference too. If you play in your backyard, most of the time with your friends, then think about a close quarters combat weapon such as the mp5-X (X where the a5, sd3, and so on would go) or maybe a p90, although I haven't handled one yet. If you like to snipe or get somewhere in between you might want to consider the ak-47 or m16 series. These guns I recommend for beginners. When I started playing I started wanting to adjust my playing style too, go with something that is versitile and fits your playing needs. Look at one in your local airsoft/ paintball shop. Feel them, see if you like how it rests in your hands. Do you like how it is ballanced? Think about how you would hold it when ducking under a log or bush to take cover from a hail of enemy fire. Consider stealth as a factor. We all know that the best way to get a kill is to shoot somebody else in the back (maybe its the wrong way but it is still the easiest) :). Then look at price, there are plenty of sites out there that will sell you stuff that isn't what you wanted. Stay near professional sites that have stocked invintories and a good reputation. Make sure they have lots of guns too, so you know that they actually sell airsoft guns exclusively and know about them. Small shops with limited selections usually sell you cheap off brand guns that don't preform adequately. Really it's all up to what you want.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by yellowmonkey »
It\'s time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I\'m all outa\' bubblegum. -Duke Nukem

Let\'s just be friends. -My Ex-girlfriend

Offline CADD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xtremesystems.org
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2003, 12:28:50 AM »
ak-47 or steyr aug - I went the way of the AUG...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by CADD »

Offline sadadar

• FNG
    • View Profile
What to buy
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 09:46:54 PM »
I am wanting to start playing airsoft.  I was woundering what AEG. to buy the mp5-a4 of the Aug.  I would greatly welcome and help in this area.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sadadar »