« on: February 21, 2003, 12:48:35 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Paco »

Offline Harley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 07:21:24 PM »
I have that same Colt sniper rifle.  Actually I have the Colt upper on a Bushmaster lower.  The upper alone cost me $800.  Sweet rifle though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline Bolt_Overide

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 04:09:34 PM »
yeah I have one of those as well, its all colt however, damn fine rifle, easily capable of 1.5 MOA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bolt_Overide »
Pain is your friend, it lets you know you are still alive. Over coming pain is just a question of mind over matter, if you dont mind, it dont matter.

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
New Systema Mech Box
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 11:13:07 AM »
Hey guys, this is on the front page of Airsoft Zone news.  Check here to see the pics as well.
http://www.airsoftzone.com/news.cfm

Systema unveils New Mechbox at the 2003 Shotshow!

Pikachoad sent me word about his trip to the 2003 Shotshow, the largest firearm tradeshow in the United States. It was held in Orlando, FL. Although it is a "real steel" gun show, there was an interesting booth there from Systema of Japan.

"...Turns out Systema is launching a BRAND NEW type of mechbox in an AEG intended for the US law enforcement training market. It works like this... the spring, pistol, cylinder, and nozzle are contained in one assembly. That assembly is removable, and can be swapped out for different spring configurations. The gears are separate, and are also found in a removable module....

...You can see it is quite compact, and contains circuitry. The circuitry gives the gun a burst mode (not sure if it is programmable, or set to a specific burst) along with the semi- and fully-automatic firing modes, AND it stops the gun from firing when the BBs stop feeding....

The gun is intended for law enforcement training. No word on how it will be acquired, or if it will NOT be sold to non-LE people.
The gun is anticipated to be ready in two months or so.
The TUBB 2000 sniper rifle they were working on is being delayed until after this project is finished. That makes me sad.
The gun comes standard shooting at over 500fps.
The entire spring/piston/cylinder/spring guide/nozzle module can be replaced with different configurations.
The entire mechbox module can be replaced, and is not intended to be worked on by the end user.
I didn't see this demonstrated, nor do I have an idea of how this works, but I was told that the guns would also be easily changed from using 6mm to using 8mm BBs.
Cost estimates range from $600 to $800 USD."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"