Author Topic: Worth upgrading  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Rako

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
Worth upgrading
« on: April 12, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
Hey,
I have an Echo 1 M8.  It has a metal RIS and barrel (with no wobble), but the reciever is plastic.  So, of course, once I get more into airsoft I want to have better performance.  So I was wondering if it would be better to upgrade the internals and stuff, or if it would be better to just buy a better quality gun sometime.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Worth upgrading
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:22 PM »
It all depends what you play, like cqb or field. If you play cqb, I suggest upgrading the motor, because fps isnt a HUGE deal in cqb its mainly the rof. For field, I would put in a better spring and a tightbore.......just my personal preference.

Offline Rako

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 07:48:38 AM »
Would a better spring just last longer or would it increase fps?  my guns right on 400, and I dont want to go any higher.
"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
Leave it alone until you notice an FPS drop or your gun breaks.
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Quote from: "MLA PRO"
It all depends what you play, like cqb or field. If you play cqb, I suggest upgrading the motor, because fps isnt a HUGE deal in cqb its mainly the rof. For field, I would put in a better spring and a tightbore.......just my personal preference.

In CQB nothing matters more than practicing reflexive fire drills.  No amount of ROF or FPS is going to make up for your inability to soldier your weapon and hit someone in the time it takes them to do the same.  ROF is a sad excuse to make up for lack of accuracy and really ROF's only domain should be field play where higher ROF means more rounds down range and a higher "hit probability" if you follow that doctrine.  In CQB, high ROF is excessive and potentially dangerous and generally increases people's lack of desire to play against you.

Offline MLA PRO

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
I wasnt saying that rof is going to make you better, im just saying its better to shoot 330fps with a sexy rof in cqb

Offline polar airsoft team

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 09:11:55 AM »
Quote from: "Whiskey11"
Quote from: "MLA PRO"

In CQB nothing matters more than practicing reflexive fire drills. No amount of ROF or FPS is going to make up for your inability to soldier your weapon and hit someone in the time it takes them to do the same. ROF is a sad excuse to make up for lack of accuracy and really ROF's only domain should be field play where higher ROF means more rounds down range and a higher "hit probability" if you follow that doctrine. In CQB, high ROF is excessive and potentially dangerous and generally increases people's lack of desire to play against you.

I almost completely disagree with whiskey11, rof in cqb is OBVIOUSLY a big deal. and i dont know who your playing with that wont play against you because your gun has a high rof... they need to man up i guess haha.  and dangerous? i would rather get hit with 10 shots @ 330 fps  then 5 shots @ 400 fps.  as far as a "sad excuse to make up for accuracy", i get hit while in a dead sprint and i have trouble feeling my hits! i wear a t shirt and vest. more shots into the target eliminates the factor of them not feeling their hits. PLUS more shots into the target will make people WANT to call there hits as to stop the firing, I do agree that drills are the most important part of being a succesful cqb player. as to the post, it all depends on your play style.
[size=150]My New Primary[/size]