Linked Events

• West Side Airsoft Community Swap-Meet: March 10, 2012

Author Topic: *** West Side Airsoft Community Swap-Meet Sat. March 10, 2012 ***  (Read 9294 times)

Offline hdrox88

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
Come one, come all! It is the event you have all been waiting for. Buy, sell, trade, it's an Airsoft swap-meet for us on the west side of the valley.

Date: Saturday March 10, 2012
Time: 8AM

Depending on how many people show up, this will most likely have to be set up in the parking lot but those details can be worked out as the day draws closer. If you intend to show up with your own stuff to sell, bring your own table(s), or truck tailgate or whatever you want to use. We want to leave the tables in the staging area for their purpose, and for the players. Don't count on having tables available for you to use for displaying your stuff. Again, BRING YOUR OWN TABLES, CHAIRS, EZ-UPS, ETC.

Please post up if you plan to attend with stuff to sell, and only if you are 100% sure you will show. I will do my beat to keep an updated list so prospective attendees can see how this event appeals to them. Please don't post up if you are planning to show up, but without anything to sell, or if you are not sure if you can make it. Posts like, "I will see if I can get a ride," or,"I will be there 'cause I'm looking for a new gun," will only clutter up this thread. If none of this makes any sense, then just show up and feast your eyes on more airsoft stuff than you will know what to do with.

Vendors, sellers, peddlers, or whatever you want to be called...

hdrox88
spazz
Bambi-troopers
Mooncruiser
SLINKEY
KillerDragn
Flinch
Pride
INFIDEL
Fresnel

8am should work out just fine since there is also going to be a game there as well. Like usual, some people will roll in later though. In order to stay out of the way of the players at the field participants in the swapmeet should migrate towards the parking lot area near fields 3 and 4. We will most likely have everyone lined up along the berm of the off-road track so we are out of the way. Bring a table, tailgate, chairs, or whatever else you feel you may need.

As for selling guidelines, this is an AIRSOFT swapmeet so I hope nobody plans on dealing in real steel. If it isn't used for airsoft in some way, don't bring it. Orange tips would be recommended, but not everyone has them so display your bb slingers with caution, and just use common sense. If something seems like it might be a bad idea, it probably is. Let's all be on our best behavior, we don't want to kill the possibility of making this a regular(annual) event. Keep an eye on your stuff. I hope nobody has any sticky fingers, but it wouldn't be the first time. Myself and Fightertown can't be held responsible if you let your stuff walk away. If you have lots of stuff, bring an extra friend or two to help watch over your stuff.

NO SHOOTING OUTSIDE OF THE FIELDS NETTING!!!
NO DRY-FIRE OUTSIDE OF THE FIELDS NETTING!!!
NO TESTING OUTSIDE OF THE FIELDS NETTING!!!

Figure out if your stuff works or not, before you take it to Fightertown.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:24:56 PM by hdrox88 »
Don't ever heezjack a Heezjacker!
€√εΓ¥ßσÐý Ð↕Σ§, ßµτ ⁿΩ┬ €√εΓ¥ßσÐý ╚│√ε$

Fighter Town Paintball & Airsoft

Offline spazz

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: *** West Side Airsoft Community Swap-Meet Sat. March 10, 2012 ***
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 11:37:30 AM »
i will be there with plenty to sell.
never underestimate the things you dont know.
P90 is no longer the b***h gun!
AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
Surely, out of the oodles of people in the for sale section, there has got to be more people that want to come to a swap-meet and sell some stuff.

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
Surely, out of the oodles of people in the for sale section, there has got to be more people that want to come to a swap-meet and sell some stuff.
I think most of them are expecting to have sold their stuff sometime in the next month, and thus don't want to etch it in stone that they'll be there with stuff. But if the day rolls around and their stuff is still hanging around, they'll show up with a folding table and a sharpie. I know that's my plan.

Offline Bambi-troopers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
  • ...ice ice bambi...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:07:14 PM »
Ill be there.
Jacob Schaeffer
W1A

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
Got stuff, I'll be there.
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline SLINKEY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »
sure ill come, Ill drag along a arsenal of Unloadable goods.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
Fightertown and Speed World are right next to each other, right? Because there's a big local event scheduled in the Speed World parking lot the same day. So I guess be prepared for lost looky-loos who have no idea what airsoft even is.

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »
Fightertown is on the southwest corner of Speed World. It is right next to the short course off-road track portion of Speed World's large complex. It would depend which lot the event is taking place in. As of right now I only see Saturday night street drags and NHRDA Diesel Nationals which are at the drag strip. What event is it that you speak of?

Offline andy123

• FNG
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
what time... im sorry for asking a dumb question.

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 07:14:46 PM »
There isn't really a set in stone time right now. People typically show up for games at Fightertown at around 8am. I'd say that would probably be a good time to kick this thing off as well.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:22 PM »
Fightertown is on the southwest corner of Speed World. It is right next to the short course off-road track portion of Speed World's large complex. It would depend which lot the event is taking place in. As of right now I only see Saturday night street drags and NHRDA Diesel Nationals which are at the drag strip. What event is it that you speak of?
Grand Desert Days, it's a Morristown/Witmann thing, they do it every year. Kind of a local business expo?

Offline hdrox88

• First Sergeant
  • The Wrecking Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Hmm, well after looking around at info on that event it doesn't say anything about the off road course parking lot being used. It just mentions the drag strip and the mx park which are both on the north end of the complex. If they do end up using the off road lot I'm sure we could just keep our little event closer to the east end of fighter town which is away from the off road lot.

Offline Fresnel

• Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »
Okay, the poster I saw didn't say which parking lot I don't think, so I wasn't sure. But either way, I'm sure at least SOMEONE's going to say "oh hey I wonder what that is over there" and come to snoop. So, ignorant public, best behavior, etc. etc.. Just a general reminder.

Offline Flinch

• Private First Class
  • Anthony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 05:54:44 PM »
I'll be selling stuff.
Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds.
                     -[Team Pariah]-