Author Topic: New to many of you...  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Mooncruiser

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 06:31:13 PM »
I grew up with Hoppe's #9 air freshener. I love it so much it always either smells like Hoppe's or cat sh1t at my hacienda..

So, -are there any changes to the game you veteranos have noticed from years ago? I'm seeing a very similar experience from 80's paintball myself. (In a good way)  :)

See you on the fields
Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Mooncruiser »
~~ All men should know before they die, what they are running to, and from, and why ~~

AIRSOFT ADDICTS
Saguaro Airsoft Team

Offline Legs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 08:27:07 PM »
Mooncruiser, I'd agree with that.  Modern airsoft is much like 80's paintball.  Skill is emphasized over gear and players were honorable.  In AA I'd say things are about as they were before my little break...some good and bad (granted, as I see it), meaning it's at least stable.  What's great about AA is that my second game was Op: Savage Garden 3 in Reno (Turd, not Cali...and yes, the Maxim stories did and still do frighten me to this day), and AA only fielded a six man team at that game.  We made the first "name" for Arizona airsofters at that game and did well enough that we were all remembered at the next big game we attended.  I missed LC4 recently, but heard that AZ took nearly a platoon to that event.  There's a change I applaud big time and I'm very proud of AA's growth.  I'm glad to be back and look forward to building it further in any was possible...though with adult players!!  (ducking multiple thrown objects...)

man, if all of you old farts could hook up at a game again I'd weep to play alongside you one more time.  Good memories, gents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Legs »
Molon labe
\"Zippo first.\"