Author Topic: Headed your way  (Read 935 times)

Offline 13special

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
Headed your way
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:19:56 PM »
Hey all, here goes.

I am a pretty experienced airsofter from up here in Utah. I have played for a couple of years, and have owned many guns. My collection right now contains a TM MP5 ras (stock for CQB), a Star L85 for my scottish exploits (ripping gun BTW) and a CA M16 just for fun, and a few GBB's. I have a large assortment of gear and different camo's.

I am into the extreme milsim type airsoft, but can have a good time playing however. I'm 23, married with no kids. I am plannung on a sept/oct move to the phoenix valley somewhere, so I wanted to get aquainted with how it works down there. Up here we work off a country system, each team plays as a country and uses thier specific camo to distinguish itself. We have a Russian, Cambodian, Israili, German, US, and Scottish team (which I play with, thus the British L85).

Is there something similar down there. It looked like most teams were from Tucson, is that the case, or am I just on the wrong site.

I am looking for a team that plays every other sat or more, probably a team that has more 18 year old plus players, and is into the mil sim aspect. If you could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

That is all that I could think of, so if you want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by 13special »

Offline Vince

• Global Moderator
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 09:24:28 PM »
We don't have teams here. Well, we do, but they're unnecessary and not worth joining.

You sound like you'll fit in good here.

We do teams at games by camo pattern. Green vs Tan.

Just read all the interesting looking threads, come to a game or two, and you'll get it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Vince »

"I was having dinner with Andrew Ho, and he said I should have COL McKnight lead airsofters in mock combat. I said, "That is the gayest idea I have ever heard." - John Lu

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
Welcome.

The nationality thing sounds very cool, wish we had more of that here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 10:52:42 PM »
Well. Most of the teams are in tuscon yes. But most of the players are in the pheonix area.

Airsoft Arizona itself is, IMO pretty much just one big team in itself.

Sounds like you know your stuff though. Hope we continue to make airsoft a good experience for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »
So your from tac 4 hu?  How is Andy these days? I spoke to him once on the radio he use to run. I talk to him about starting a Russian team, and so I am leader of the russian team on these fourms. This place is kind of like Tac 4 idea where there are multiple teams joined together as one. The difference is this is an organization, and not everyone is part of a team. In fact most people here are not part of a team. Like vince said we do green vs tan with different objectives. You can use your scottish camo whatever color it is. Lots of people use different camo. Heck I am almost a camo whore 7 different types not including the ghillie suit.

Anyway welcome!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline 13special

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 12:32:31 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. Green vs Tan is cool, I have both. Is there groups that usually operate together? Or Practice? Good info from y'all.

To answer your question, I am actually not from Tac4, although we play with them often and I do know andy quite well. Those of us that live a little south in the Utah County area have our own club with the same country system. We play every other game of so with Tac4, which is cool, because our germans play with thier germans, and our russians with thier russians etc. We split off mostly because the games got a little too crowded (50-60 easily at joint ops but over 120 one time) and crazy.

As for Andy, he kind of runs Tac4 in terms of scheduling and scenarios. (BTW is there anyone that does that here, or do you just decide on the spot) He recently quit his day job to persue his retail airsoft dream full time. Rock on.

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 07:43:43 AM »
Yes there is gereraly groups of people/friends that operate together. Some people switch around every event. Have to say thats great pratice for larger events like LC, Irene ect. This is because each person gets a different feel of leadership, and is able to work well as a team with different kinds of individuals.

Here the mods make the scheduling and scenarios with imput from the other players.

As for Andy lucky little "you know what."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline 13special

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »
Sounds good. I think that I would fit in with a team that operates together on a regular basis. I do like the idea of mixing it up sometimes. The major advantage of country camo is that you can have multiple teams with different objectives, which is rad. But the disadvantage is that you tend to play on a team with your friends and you hardly ever get to shoot them.