Author Topic: YOUR UNIFORM  (Read 9987 times)

Offline Surplus man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
YOUR UNIFORM
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:44:35 PM »
ive always wondered if there were others in the airsoft community that put lots of time and effort into authentic uniforms, i personally own a fully authentic vietnam combat uniform and im working on a desert storm uniform. what do you have and what are you working on in the uniform dept? describe it, or put up some pics, lets see them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Surplus man »
I saw this plug was in my wall here and then i noticed that your house was glowin like THE FRICKIN SUN! So, i uh put 2 and 2 together here and decided that your pissin me off...

-carl

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 01:50:43 PM »
Ill see if I can find the pics, but for now heres a description.

No matter what uniform im in the gear is all coyote (except for a few OD TT pouches).  I have my weesatch in Coyote w/ a few pouches on it.  The color really does work with ANY uniform.

Actual uniform wise, I typically wear either woodland BDUs, summer weight, when im on the green team.  Nothing special there.

When playing tan team, I usually just wear khaki pants or DCU pants and then a brown under armour shirt.  I dont like wearing the long sleeves if I dont need to.  

I usually rock just regular tennis shoes or one of my many pairs of issue boots with any uniform.

Rick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by RickEJ6 »
\"Do not hit if it can be avoided, but never hit softly.\"

T. Roosevelt

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 03:39:04 PM »
I don't play on either team, only because I don't have an AEG and I don't think using my FAL or AR during a game would be a good thing. :)

That said, I have BDUs in the following patterns:

Woodland
3DCU
Khaki
Desert Tiger Stripe
MCCU MARPAT - Green
MCCU MARPAT - Desert
OD Green (Nomex flight suit)

For boots, usually my Wellco desert Tuffkushions, but I recently picked up a pair of their tan cold weather boots...very nice so far and the 200grams of Thinsulate doesn't make them too warm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 03:58:15 PM »
Tim what brand are those?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 04:10:25 PM »
Wooland are various...USGI surplus. The one set I bought were from Propper.

Most of the BDUs I've bought have been Propper due to quality.  The MCCUs are issue, so I think these are Alpha Industries or Propper...I'd have to check.

the flight suit is issue, so I don't know the maker off-hand.

The Tiger Stripe are Propper before they lost the licensing to Tru-Spec.
TimW
Phoenix

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:23:41 PM »
Are the cold weather desert boots you are talking about the same as the "Army Combat Boot, Temperate Weather"?  Basically a desert ICB with GoreTex and Vibram sole.

Belleville got the contract to make the ACB-TW, but I like the Wellco's because of the visible thread welted sole.

I remember getting issued MOPP gear, and the guys with the Bates ICB had to get a larger overshoe than those of us with Belleville and Wellco ICBs due to the externally stitched sole.  I guess there are advantages and disadvantages for each.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 04:41:33 PM »
The other day someone was telling me Propper was shit... Now from what I have always heard, especially from you Tim, was that Propper is THE shit. I am wanting to buy some Propper woodland BDU's in the next month or so. If you can hook me up with a blouse and pants for less than $67 let me know Tim. I wear a Small short in jacket and a Small regular in pant. Thanks.

The other day I picked up the new Ranger Joe's catalog and saw some of these SOLE IND Custom insoles you stick in the oven then fit into your boot and stand there for 5 minutes. Anyone heard of these or what they are like? Theyre about  $26.95.

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
Its sole technologies I believe.  I have used them for the past year and the work great.  DONT heat the up however.  From my expeirience (and the testimony of others) they do just fine with out molding them, and the padding is better.

Propper is a contract manufacture for the military's BDUs.  I believe they also have a civilian line though.  I have only used the issue Propper BDUs and they are excellent.

T. Roosevelt

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 05:30:41 PM »
Issue BDUs are 50/50 NyCo ripstop, the "hot weathers" anyway.  Regardless of the manufacturer, issue BDUs are the way to go.

I have a few sets of Proppers civvie DCUs and BDUs and they fade and wear out quicker since they are 100% cotton.  50/50 NyCo rip is hard to find for civilians.

Overall, BDUs are BDUs.  The difference is in the material used, and most manufacturers use the same.  It's not like they are going to fall apart during an airsoft game.

My issue Hot weather (50/50 NyCo Ripstop) BDUs are made by Golden Manufacturing Co., and are fantastic!  I also have some Winters (50/50 NyCo twill) from Terry Manufacturing Co.  

Other issue BDU/DCU manufacturers are:
-DJ Mfg.
-American Apparel
-Propper International
-Federal Prison Industries
-Goodwill Industries
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 05:44:10 PM »
Christian I have to call you on that the 50/50 NyCO rip and twill are hard to find. I found a great site while you were gone. Check it out. www.bdu.com

Offline delta_echo

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: YOUR UNIFORM
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 05:47:43 PM »
Quote from: "Surplus man"
ive always wondered if there were others in the airsoft community that put lots of time and effort into authentic uniforms, i personally own a fully authentic vietnam combat uniform and im working on a desert storm uniform. what do you have and what are you working on in the uniform dept? describe it, or put up some pics, lets see them.

Got any pics of your Nam uni? I've been doing a film project on the subject, so I've accumulated quite of bit of the stuff over the past 3 years. I'm surprised by the amount of people interested in the subject. Have you ever checked out www.mooremilitaria.com? Trey's a great guy and his reenactments rock.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by delta_echo »

Offline RickEJ6

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 06:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Christian I have to call you on that the 50/50 NyCO rip and twill are hard to find. I found a great site while you were gone. Check it out. www.bdu.com

$30 just for a blouse? Thats hella costly.  I picked up TEN 50/50 blend BDU tops on ebay for $25 shipped.  Also (I havent been able to confirm it) but some say that propper produces a mil-spec version and a civilian version of all of their BDUs.  I have purchased civilian market Propper BDUs in the past, and I will never do so again, biggest peices of crap I have ever seen.  Horrible fit, akward sizing and poor coloring.  Im sticking to the issue stuff.

Rick

T. Roosevelt

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 06:17:27 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
Are the cold weather desert boots you are talking about the same as the "Army Combat Boot, Temperate Weather"?  Basically a desert ICB with GoreTex and Vibram sole.

http://www.wellco.com/html/tilcts.html
TimW
Phoenix

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 06:19:19 PM »
Busta

I don't do BDUs any more except for the occasional agency order.
TimW
Phoenix

Offline sNiPeRWoLf88

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.airsoftcoalition.com
Re: YOUR UNIFORM
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 07:06:06 PM »
Quote from: "delta_echo"
Quote from: "Surplus man"

Got any pics of your Nam uni? I've been doing a film project on the subject, so I've accumulated quite of bit of the stuff over the past 3 years. I'm surprised by the amount of people interested in the subject. Have you ever checked out www.mooremilitaria.com? Trey's a great guy and his reenactments rock.

i believe you actually saw it at the game on january 6th at avra valley (i seem to remember you being there).  he has since gone fully canvas.  its pretty amazing.  (btw, i'd let sean respond, but who knows when he'll get back on the internet).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by sNiPeRWoLf88 »
If you never assume importance, you never lose it.