Author Topic: shredders concave spacer "SCS"  (Read 5509 times)

Offline stealthmaster14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
Re: shredders concave spacer "SCS"
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 03:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "fliptothekick"
The SCS is AMAZING! I never have fliers ever since I put this in.I recommend this to anyone with an airsoft gun. For a correct install go to gearbox.

Yeah, fliers pretty much become non-existent.  Really tightens the groupings up.  It even makes JG bucking shoot amazingly.  O.o

If it doesn't sit level though, it will kill your accuracy, so make sure you guys get it sitting level. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
What bucking and hardness are you guys using?

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »
I'm using a Systema soft packing with it.  Works great.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"

Soft.  Stock buckings and Systema buckings work best, then Guarder clear, Madbull, Prometheus.  Thicker buckings (such as Prometheus) won't take the shape of the SCS as well, so Shredder advises using your stock bucking or a Systema.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: "stealthmaster14"

Soft.  Stock buckings and Systema buckings work best, then Guarder clear, Madbull, Prometheus.  Thicker buckings (such as Prometheus) won't take the shape of the SCS as well, so Shredder advises using your stock bucking or a Systema.
The problem with this is that with a high FPS gun, the softer bucking is probably going to wear alot faster...

I am going to have to modify my hopup quite a bit to fit this thing in there... :roll:

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »

The problem with this is that with a high FPS gun, the softer bucking is probably going to wear alot faster...

I am going to have to modify my hopup quite a bit to fit this thing in there... :roll:

Some people seem to have no problems with Systema or the stock buckings at 550+ fps.  IDK, it just varies I guess.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »

Some people seem to have no problems with Systema or the stock buckings at 550+ fps.  IDK, it just varies I guess.
System does not make a bucking for the gun I am putting it into. VSR-10 style bucking. Although firefly makes an extra soft version. I will try that.

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 05:39:36 PM »

System does not make a bucking for the gun I am putting it into. VSR-10 style bucking. Although firefly makes an extra soft version. I will try that.

Firefly won't work with a SCS. I've heard good things about KA and nineball buckings.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 06:28:45 PM »

Firefly won't work with a SCS. I've heard good things about KA and nineball buckings.
Firefly makes 3 versions of VSR-10 Buckings, extra soft, soft, and hard..I am sure one of them will work. KA bucking for vsr-10 is hard rubber, the Nineball is considered a medium. I was not impressed with KA's because the first one I had actually cracked from being too brittle.

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
Firefly bucking has a finned design doesn't it?  (or is that only present in AEGs?)  If it has a finned design, it won't work with the SCS.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 09:51:28 PM »
Firefly bucking has a finned design doesn't it?  (or is that only present in AEGs?)  If it has a finned design, it won't work with the SCS.
Actually the firefly and nineball both have it.

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 10:41:48 PM »

I'm a sniper noobie, so IDK about at all that. :P  However, the SCS will definitely not work with finned buckings.   You'll have to find one that doesn't have a fin design.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2009, 03:06:11 AM »

I'm a sniper noobie, so IDK about at all that. :P  However, the SCS will definitely not work with finned buckings.   You'll have to find one that doesn't have a fin design.
Most of the 'snipers' have been reporting the SCS really isn't working out that great.. You have to remember there is alot less movement of parts and jolting around in a bolt action gun than in an AEG..

Offline stealthmaster14

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
Are they sure their barrel windows are wide enough and the SCS is sitting perfectly level?  If the SCS doesn't sit level, it will make your accuracy pretty horrible.  

IDK, for AEGs, it's the best upgrade IMO.  When installed right, it tightens groupings more than a tightbore will in my experience.  (even when using just a JG barrel)

Offline Rorschach

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »
I dunno if its just me, i think it is really random on what bucking it works with. My friend's ak has the systema bucking with the scs and it works perfect. I put the systema on my G36 with the scs and it either drops off at 80 ft or it jams my barrel. Im thinking its just the bucking cuz it works perfect with my madbull blue