Author Topic: Modify Parts  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Re: Modify Parts
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »
Quote from: "nukeduster"
You have pretty impressive ROF's.. I have a long list of guns in the available arsenal.. from Magpul PTS Masadas, m60, m249, TM g3, CA G36, etc, etc, etc and according to my chrono some of them barely float around 30 BPS with my 11.1v 20c 5000mah lipo (100A continuous 200A peak discharge battery). They aren't built using high-speed gears, but some of them have magnum motors and even still don't have the kind of ROF that some people claim to have.

It's either BS guesswork or I'm jealous.

Enter G&P....Bow.... Leave stage...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xaviermace.com
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »
There's a few people on here who had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of my silly P90.  It chrono'd at Gearbox at 320fps @ 51rps.  It was built as a pure RPS gun, I honestly did not care what the FPS was.  

The Audacity method of analyzing the audio (which is pretty much what Trinity is doing) is fundamentally flawed as it's only measuring how fast your gearbox is cycling.  It does nothing to prove your gun is capable of feeding that fast.  DSG guns often list numbers of 65-75rps, but they have to have custom built/modified motorized box mags to feed that fast.

They aren't built using high-speed gears, but some of them have magnum motors and even still don't have the kind of ROF that some people claim to have.

That's because that's a high torque motor, not a high speed motor.  The Magnum is pretty much topped out at about 25rps.  The advantage however is the fact it can do that with stupid strong springs and have a nearly instantaneous trigger response time.  I was getting 24rps out of my AMP T5000L pulling a SP160 spring (650fps).

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »
Quote from: "XavierMace"
There's a few people on here who had the displeasure of being on the receiving end of my silly P90.  It chrono'd at Gearbox at 320fps @ 51rps.  It was built as a pure RPS gun, I honestly did not care what the FPS was.  

The Audacity method of analyzing the audio (which is pretty much what Trinity is doing) is fundamentally flawed as it's only measuring how fast your gearbox is cycling.  It does nothing to prove your gun is capable of feeding that fast.  DSG guns often list numbers of 65-75rps, but they have to have custom built/modified motorized box mags to feed that fast.

They aren't built using high-speed gears, but some of them have magnum motors and even still don't have the kind of ROF that some people claim to have.

That's because that's a high torque motor, not a high speed motor.  The Magnum is pretty much topped out at about 25rps.  The advantage however is the fact it can do that with stupid strong springs and have a nearly instantaneous trigger response time.  I was getting 24rps out of my AMP T5000L pulling a SP160 spring (650fps).

What does the p90 have in it? I have one laying around that I havent used in like 8 years, sounds like a fun project.... Info?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:51 PM »
The P90 self destructed a while ago due to the fact I forgot I was still running the stock TM nylon bushings and I didn't feel like rebuilding it at the time.  Before it destructed:

TM P90TR
KM 6.04 P90 Tightbore
Systema High Speed Gears
Systema Turbo Motor
AE High Speed Piston
Guarder SP85 spring
11.1v 2200mAh 30C LiPo
Deans connectors
HurricanE Buttstock Extension
Blackhawk P90 sling

It should also be noted that when the bushing failed, the gears literally ate the entire tappet plate and smeared it through the entire gearbox.  The back tooth of the aluminum piston was never found.  Nor was the remains of 2 nylon bushings, they might also have been smeared around.  Despite this, the gears and motor were both perfectly fine and have since been moved to another gun where they have continued to serve me well.

Offline axisofoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 04:08:05 PM »

It should also be noted that when the bushing failed, the gears literally ate the entire tappet plate and smeared it through the entire gearbox.  The back tooth of the aluminum piston was never found.  Nor was the remains of 2 nylon bushings, they might also have been smeared around. Despite this, the gears and motor were both perfectly fine and have since been moved to another gun where they have continued to serve me well.

And people wonder why everyone loves systema gears? lol.

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Indeed.  I've got a set of Systema High Torques that are pushing the 7 years mark and still going strong.

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »
Quick question: whats better for trigger response, high speed or high torque?

Offline XavierMace

• Site Admin
  • Administrator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 05:00:16 PM »
High Torque will give you a better trigger response.  High Torque is pretty much the way to go, until you are getting past about 25rps.  With HT gears + AMP T5000L + 11.1v LiPo the gun cycles before I even complete the trigger pull.  The gun actually fires in burst on semi even when pulling a Guarder SP160 spring.

Offline axisofoil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:50 PM »
High Torque will give you a better trigger response.  High Torque is pretty much the way to go, until you are getting past about 25rps.  With HT gears + AMP T5000L + 11.1v LiPo the gun cycles before I even complete the trigger pull.  The gun actually fires in burst on semi even when pulling a Guarder SP160 spring.

I was using standard ratio gears + G&P M150 +11.1v LiPo and was getting burst on the same spring before I put in an AB mosfet. Trigger response is negligible once your motor+battery overpower your spring by a huge margin.