Author Topic: Sniper brands  (Read 902 times)

Offline weedmann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Sniper brands
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »
Anyone got any good brands for a sniper? I want for Gas, AEG, and Springers. I heard JG is a good brand for an AEG. But Idk, I want everyones opinions, also include any good upgrades for them(if possible)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Guest »
~If the enemy is in range, so are you.
~Bravery is being the only one who knows you\'re afraid.
~When in doubt empty the magazine.
~When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

Offline Rogue Fox

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • First Lieutenant
  • 6CA
    • View Profile
Re: Sniper brands
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 11:17:41 AM »
TM, Maruzen, Tanaka, Ive heard that the Socom Gear r700 is pretty good too. PDI is prolly your best bet for good upgrades. Alot of people run the JG Bar10's, but I would rather just spend the extra money and get the TM.

What exactly are you looking for? theres tons of rifles and upgrades to go with them, its really just a matter of how much your willing to spend.

When the shit hits the fan, dont be in front of the fan.

Offline weedmann

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm not looking at this moment, but I would like to get one eventually. I love M14, sr25, and L96. But the L96 springer's kinda suck. So I would stick with getting an M14, or SR25. Love those ones. So, maybe a CA sr25, or something. Idk. But I would like to get a sniper shooting atleast 500fps
~If the enemy is in range, so are you.
~Bravery is being the only one who knows you\'re afraid.
~When in doubt empty the magazine.
~When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

Offline usmcpog

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://WWW.TEAMOF.COM
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:22:20 AM »
Quote from: "weedmann"
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm not looking at this moment, but I would like to get one eventually. I love M14, sr25, and L96. But the L96 springer's kinda suck. So I would stick with getting an M14, or SR25. Love those ones. So, maybe a CA sr25, or something. Idk. But I would like to get a sniper shooting atleast 500fps

MOST, but not all large event organizers do not allow AEG's are sniper rifles.  In MOST cases, sniper rifles are bolt action gas/spring powered.  I would recommend the Tanaka M40A1.  Shoots around 560 to 570 fps with a .20 gram bb.  If that is too rich for your blood, you might want to look at a KJW M700 which shoots about 540 to 550 fps.  Either gas gun would do you great with very minimal upgrading.

If you want to go spring, I would go for a VSR-10 type.  I would recommend TM over all other brands if you have the money, but if you do not, then maybe a JG BAR-10 as a cheaper avenue to start.  Just know that the VSR-10 variants do shoot low fps stock, but there are a lot of aftermarket parts to upgrade them...on a side note to that, the parts are not cheap to get this gun shooting 500 fps plus reliably.

Now, if you plan on never attending a large type of game and your local event organizers allow electric sniper rifles, I would recommend a TM M14 or the like (CA or G&G).  CA SR25 are ok, but with its extended version 2 mechbox, there are some issues of compression which will take away from accuracy.  M14's in its airsoft forms have a good design much better than the version 2 mechbox design.
Semper Fi,
Lawrence