Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« on: January 19, 2004, 02:30:38 PM »
I've used it, and my inclination is that it works very well.  Unfortunately, I have no real good frame of reference for whether it really works well or not.  I coated my goggles before I went off to Operation Restore Order and I had nearly no goggle fogging there.  The temperature and humidity and elevation and a dozen other things are different in Riverside, though, so it could've been the differences in climate rather than the crap that caused no fogging.

Kurn should have more experience with it than I do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Holland

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 07:13:16 PM »
Wish I had some of that at OPRO my goggles were fogged up most of the 1st day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Holland »
Air goes in & out and blood goes round and round, any variation of this is bad.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 09:22:32 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Raith</i>
<br />I've used it, and my inclination is that it works very well.  Unfortunately, I have no real good frame of reference for whether it really works well or not.  I coated my goggles before I went off to Operation Restore Order and I had nearly no goggle fogging there.  The temperature and humidity and elevation and a dozen other things are different in Riverside, though, so it could've been the differences in climate rather than the crap that caused no fogging.

Kurn should have more experience with it than I do.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Didn't you both have TurboCams?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 09:36:54 PM »
I've used Cat Crap on my glasses/goggles about half a dozen times now, including OP: RO.  While it does seem to prevent fogging to some small extent, my glasses still fogged up quite a bit.  However, it does make a very good lens cleaner.  No matter how oily and dirty the lenses are, Cat Crap cleans them up very well.  It also seems to help reduce the affects of minor scratches.  Interestingly, it seems to do a much better job of reducing fog caused by moving from a cold to warm location.

I have heard very good things about this stuff
http://www.fogtech.com
As soon as I get a chance to buy/try some, I'll post about it's effectiveness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 10:05:31 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by azsarge</i>
<br />Didn't you both have TurboCams?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah.  Turbocams are a funny thing.  If they're not properly ventilated (e.g. covered by a hat or helmet) they don't seem to as work well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline Kurn

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 10:34:31 PM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Didn't you both have TurboCams?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was using my TurboCams, but to keep the fog on my glasses under control when I am really sweating I have to run the fan on high.  I try to avoid when possible since it impairs my hearing, so I tend to only turn the fan on high when the fog starts to affect my vision.  Therefore, the less my glasses fog up to begin with, the less I use the fan, and the happier I am.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Kurn »
Not dead yet.

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Cat Crap
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 02:23:36 PM »
Has anyone ever seen this product before?
Can anyone recommend something else- My Wiley-X's fog up way too much.

http://store.yahoo.com/glassafeeyewearcases/catcrap.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team