Offline TimW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 11:15:13 PM »
Harley, is that a SpecOps Wolf Hook?

In the "for what it's worth" department, I like the single-point slings...in fact used them with the MESA vest for both my AR and my FAL whilst running around the border (AR) and the CQB Class (FAL...don't ask!). Single points are comfortable, can be adjusted and can be transitioned to hte other shoulder very quickly unless you have it too short.  Just one draw-back.

What if you have to bolt out the door with only your gun and a chest rig?  That's right...the other half of your single point ain't there.  Now what?

That's why I went back to the IDF Rifle sling.  Wide, comfy and long enough to fit over any gear I might wear.  And the paracord attachments allow for many creative hook ups to the weapon.

Of course, why you guys would bolt out the door with an AEG and a chest pouch is beyond me...perhaps one of those spontaneous late-night Airsoft pick-up games....  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline Harley

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 10:32:01 AM »
Tim I'm not sure what brand it is.  I went back to Larada's to see if there were any more in the boxes and found none.  I guess I got real lucky that day.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Harley »
\"Just because you\'re paranoid, doesn\'t mean they\'re not out to get you!\"

\"Have Gun - Will Travel\"

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 11:35:15 AM »
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TimW</i>
<br />Of course, why you guys would bolt out the door with an AEG and a chest pouch is beyond me...perhaps one of those spontaneous late-night Airsoft pick-up games....  :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

HA HA, exactly!  Some of us wouldn't be "bolting", though.  I'm sure you can imagine a pair of us that need to spend a bit more time to make sure what we have looks cool before we leave.  Of course, it wouldn't be me.[:P]

Keeping with the topic, I've found that side-sling buttstock adaptors for the M16/AR series make life alot easier no matter which type of sling you use.  For single point, they cannot be beat, and since the webbing attaches at a more forward point, transitional shooting is much easier, since less of the sling is taken up by crossing your chest.  I just ordered one of those sling plates, and when it arrives, I plan on experimenting with different homemade jobs to see if I can find one that works great!

Right now, I use a length of 550 paracord and a snap-link (incorrectly referred to as a "carabiner" by airsofters more often that not).  The weapon hangs too low for my liking, and pivots where the stock ends.  The sling plate will fix this, as it places the axis point more forward, and the whole setup is much more balanced.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 03:21:46 PM »
Harley,

Looking at the pic again, I don't think it's a SpecOps Wolf Hook, since they have a half-twist in the webbing where the loops are...helps it line up straight when "threaded"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 10:26:58 PM »
Mark Dilly, from www.madsterz.com in Chandler, is going to come to the next AA skirmish and bringing some one point slings out to show people. He is in the process of building some. He modified them slightly so both ends are adjustable, have a quick release snap in the middle and optional hardware can be attached. They will come with Carabiners at both ends and I will have some additional clips, D-rings and harness as options.   My sling is the first "prototype" that he worked on and has a harness that goes around my standard stock and attaches to the rear sling mount.  I've bought several slings for my real steel rifle and airsoft rifles from him.  He is just getting into the airsoft community and has proven to reliable and his product of high quality workmanship.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Trashcan

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
3 point slings
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2004, 07:18:47 PM »
What is the advantage of a 3 point sling over one that just connects to the stock and barrel?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Trashcan »