Author Topic: My Rocks (and Eagle MLCS kit)  (Read 4352 times)

Offline azsarge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • General
    • View Profile
My Rocks (and Eagle MLCS kit)
« on: March 12, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »
Eagle Industries Maritime Load Cariage System Rhodesian Recon Chest Rig.  Thanks to Tina from Eagle for helping me get one of these into may paws! :)

Front view:

Inside view showing plate carrier compartment:

Lower row of PALS webbing snaps up into the panel and out of the way.  Most Mag pouches are three rows tall, so this cleans up the outside when the lowest row is not in use:

This is cool.  It's a frontal pocket that hides the bib when stowed, but is also lined with pile-side velcro on both sides..  5.11 accessories come to mind, like a holster or pouch.  NEATO!

Bib stowed, and lower row of PALS snapped up.  Nice and tiny.  Cute, huh?

It's bitchin'!  I ordered Ranger Green (aka Smoke Green), but got OD.  I emailed them about this, and it's being handled.  It's loaded with cool features like:
-Coyote Brown National Molding side-release buckles
-Webbing on the straps for a strobe pouch or other small pocket
-Neat front pocket lined with velcro as pictured above.
-Additional straps to wear it crossed in the back, or "H" style (better for use with a pack).
-2 inch webbing sewn behind PALS webbing on front for attachment of ALICE pouches (like I would ever do that!)
-Hideaway bib and lower PALS row.

I got a metric a$$load of BLCS pouches from Diamondback that I need to throw on, so I'll post pics of that in a bit.  Just wanted to give ya'll a first glance.

Any questions or additional pics you'd like posted?  Let me know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 03:57:13 PM »
I already knew this bad boy was comin....But DAMN Christian that is bitchin! Looks a little lighter than OD to me but thats probably the bright sun hitting it. Now we are all just waiting for those BLCS pouches aren't we? ;)

EDIT: Using the top Cross buckle system could you integrate a camelbak into that setup? Also..... I noticed on Eagles site that in the product pic they did stick a pistol in the Neato bib pocket as you so elequently put it. Please keep us updated as you fill er up with loads o' RG pouches. Did you happen to pick up ANY yesterday at DBT?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline studdermonkey

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »
Wow, you're right.. that's nicer than mine. Looks almost the same, but there are other diferences.

I also thought about slappin something in the velcro area/bib stow-away area on mine, but I wasn't sure. I know even the G36c mags could get lost in there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by studdermonkey »
كافر
Nate!

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »
I think alot of companies are putting the velcro pockets into the carriers today. My weesatch has one that goes all the way down for storage of maps and such.

The other Day I was inspired by CAG D Boy talking about getting a new IRACK to try something. I had been thinking for a while if I could take the rear plate carrier off my Weesatch and turn it into a Cross over strap type system like the Hellcat's. Heres how I did it:

-Took off rear plate carrier
-Took out back strap but still used it, buckled it.
-Looped oposite ends of straps into back strap buckle ends(suprisingly there was enough room and it was still holding the adjustment)
-Folded down the bib and VOILA! Instant IRACK...well almost.

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 04:23:19 PM »
those are some real nice rocks you got there. Oh, nice equipment too!

That looks killer, but whats the significant difference between this, and the BHI Recon chest harness? Visually looks the same, but is it more comfortable? Is it just the lower row of PALS webbing?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 04:29:37 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"

That looks killer, but whats the significant difference between this, and the BHI Recon chest harness? Visually looks the same, but is it more comfortable? Is it just the lower row of PALS webbing?
Quality Ian....

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 04:45:37 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"

The difference is that mine is made by Eagle Industries and the BPG one is made by BPG.8)

To the layman, that translates into:
-better materials (name brand cordura versus "Nytaneon")
-Better thread
-Better stitching
-Matching hardware (coyote versus BLACK buckles of BPG, although they are starting to use matching buckles)
-Made in USA (St. Louis to be exact) versus Viet-freakin'-NAM like BPG.

All in all, the Blackhawk rig is fine.  Being the afficianado that I am, I want the best, and this is it.  Then again, it's 3 times the price of the BPG rig.  If that matters to you, the BPG rig is a great value for 80 bucks.

Here's some pics of it loaded:
lids rolled

lids used

With the rubber stuff in the BLCS mag pouches, using them "open-top" is worry free.  

Pouches are (L-R)
-BLCS 6004 adapter (with holster attached)
-BLCS Small GP
-BLCS Double M4/M16 mag
-BLCS Double M4/M16 mag
-BLCS Small Radio
-BLCS Admin/Flashlight pouch on the bib

They are all Ranger Green.  Notice the difference between them and the OD platform.  I am going to add a BLCS triple 9mm pouch on the Small GP and a Strobe pouch on the left shoulder strap.  I have no room left on the rig itself! :P

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 04:52:19 PM »
Lookin good, but that small radio pouch looks a little too tan to be Ranger green....Am I just color blind or what? Christian do you know the stock status of any of the same pouches in OD or RG over there? If they have what I want I think I will place another order first thing monday morning. Im wondering what your thoughts are on loading my OD rig with the BLCS RG pouches. Im beginning to like the RG look myself.

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 05:00:26 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
Lookin good, but that small radio pouch looks a little too tan to be Ranger green....Am I just color blind or what? Christian do you know the stock status of any of the same pouches in OD or RG over there? If they have what I want I think I will place another order first thing monday morning. Im wondering what your thoughts are on loading my OD rig with the BLCS RG pouches. Im beginning to like the RG look myself.

You're right, and I forgot to mention that the Radio pouch is Coyote Brown (true 498 coyote ;) ).

I don't know the stock status, but they had enough for me.  A quick call Monday AM will solve that issue.

Should you load up on RG pouches?  Sh*t, I did.  Does that answer your question?8)  RG is a great color.  RG and CB work well in most environments, so using them on another color rig will add 10 cool points and give you a little bit more camo.  After all, what do you see on a rig, the pouches or the webbing?  Whatever color pouch you choose is what color your rig will be.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 05:05:51 PM »
I will take that into consideration. One thing I noticed a while back but never gave much thought to was...On the weesatch the webbing and base material are two very different colors. The webbing is true OD while the base color is more of a lighter, more smoked color. Funny eh?

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 05:26:44 PM »
Quote from: "busta_cap"
I will take that into consideration. One thing I noticed a while back but never gave much thought to was...On the weesatch the webbing and base material are two very different colors. The webbing is true OD while the base color is more of a lighter, more smoked color. Funny eh?

Alot of gear is like that.  I had a SpecOps Brand THE Pack with OD Cordura, and 2 different colors of PALS webbing.  

Different lots of webbing come out in different colors sometimes.  

This MLCS rig seems to match pretty well, and the BLCS pouches are dead on (webbing and Cordura match)..

Offline Farslayer

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 07:00:06 PM »
C,

Take a pic of yourself wearing your rig man....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Farslayer »
Benn

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 07:34:25 PM »
About those pouches, is there a way to fold away the front velcro? I don't use magpulls so it looks like I would probably be in danger of getting the velcro when I try to pinch out a new magazine.

Also with regard to color, and color variations, I sent some email to some friends that are still in (SF guys) and they said that they deliberately look for puches in assorted colors for their chest rigs, because it breaks up your pallet, like camo in a way. I had a pic but deleted it by mistake, trying to get it sent again. it was of a rig much like this one, in green, but the mag puches were 2 different greens, and 2 different brown/ tan colors. My mate said they tried it out and it helps until they can get the stuff they want in camo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 07:41:35 PM »
Also, you said you ordered in smoke green? The web page only lists OD and Cyote as standard, and special colors on request. Did you special order for that color or is the web page maybe not up to date?

I can't wait for these things, or at least the pouches to start coming in muticam.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 07:54:36 PM »
I dont understand why everyone likes Multicam so much. Personally I wouldnt go near the shit unless given to me or at an incredible price. I'm gonna get spotted no matter what(unless im laying perfectly still, and in that case I would wear a ghillie of some kind).