Author Topic: *shafted by lightfighter* Warning, rant!  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Lightning_Man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
*shafted by lightfighter* Warning, rant!
« on: March 18, 2005, 03:08:44 PM »
So I spend most of two weeks studying all of the innovations in load bearing gear. I email manufacturers, I compare prices, I go to DBT with AZSarge.

In the end I mostly have a headache, and I manage to find my BHI Issak rifleman, so I put off buying new kit and decide to go with that. The next day I pull it out to get to know it again and load some stuff into it. It is then that I realize what kind of condition it is in (only been to 3 warzones in it) and decide to replace it with a new one.

Optactical has the best price but they are out, so the next best price is at Lightfighter. Having seen the warnings about them, I call and make so=ure it is in stock, then, I ask them to send it UPS 2-day so I will have it for this weekend. Today I call and get the tracking number and guess what, they didn't send it 2-day. Oh sure, they billed me for 2 day delivery, but it wasn't sent that way.

So, I told them I am sending it back, guess I'm back to square one, and will be using a stripped down "old guy" rig tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Lightning_Man »

It is what we do,
when we believe we can do no more\' that makes us who we are.

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »
Same thing happend to me with Atlanta Airsoft.  I paid for express shipping on one item, ordered another a couple of days later (regular shipping) and they both showed up at the same time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 04:06:59 PM »
Thats because they didn't ship it out right away. Lightning, I would suggest getting some kind of chest rig and some pouches from DBT(worth the wait!). I placed an order with DBT on tuesday night online, called wednesday to get a total for my card and the girl offered to ship it the next day by charging it that day, I said yes, it got packaged yesterday but was not picked up until today because of a large group ship yesterday.

I am by NO means complaining because the usual shipping turn around at DBT is 5-10 days. Being nice and curteous can get you places, or get your stuff to you quicker!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 04:14:17 PM »
Well, I am certainly considering the DBT rigs, pareticularly since they are local.

Now that I am back in ym "old guy" rig, you will all come to know me tomorrow as, Tthat annoying felow that keeps taking notes on my rig and wanting to try things on and asking all manor off noooooobian questions.

I was hoping to have my self more together tomorrow, but looks like I will not even be close. No rig, and JT doesn't have any TM standard mags either so I will have my two hicaps and that's it.

It is what we do,

Offline busta_cap

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 04:16:21 PM »
I am not goin tomorrow, but If you want to check out my rig sometime, let me know.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by busta_cap »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »
You sent it back just because they overcharged you for shipping?

Why not just demand a refund for the shipping charges?

Well, I'll be there tomorrow and you are more than welcome to use some of my mags.

edit:  Give me a call Jeff, and we'll discuss particulars.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 05:06:48 PM by azsarge »

Offline IcePlatinumSky

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 05:05:06 PM »
I ordered my russian gear several weeks ago from Russian Combat gear, and then later get a notice on the  5th saying that they could only partly ship it, and I would have to wait on the Grand 1 vest and Kesynka till the end of the month. But its the 18th and I am still waiting for my Noch 91m BDU's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by IcePlatinumSky »

Offline Lightning_Man

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
Quote from: "azsarge"
You sent it back just because they overcharged you for shipping?

Why not just demand a refund for the shipping charges?

I am sort of anal about customer service. In fact it is very unlikely that I will even ettempt to do business with them again. I am "that guy" that can get you a promotion if you take care of me and cost you your job if shaft me.

Ultimately I wasn't 100% sure I wanted that rig anyway, was mostly choosing it out of comfortable familiarity, and immediate availability. It is a sign from the gods, more research is needed. LOL

It is what we do,

Offline andyhinds

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 06:38:17 PM »
Quote from: "Lightning_Man"
Well, I am certainly considering the DBT rigs, pareticularly since they are local.

Now that I am back in ym "old guy" rig, you will all come to know me tomorrow as, Tthat annoying felow that keeps taking notes on my rig and wanting to try things on and asking all manor off noooooobian questions.

I was hoping to have my self more together tomorrow, but looks like I will not even be close. No rig, and JT doesn't have any TM standard mags either so I will have my two hicaps and that's it.

Two hicaps are more than enough, just be easy on the trigger.  I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by andyhinds »

Offline TimW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.practicaltactical.net
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 09:56:37 PM »
LM,

Sorry I couldn't hook you up by the weekend on that.  Like I said, got one coming in, but it goes out the same day to a guy in the sandbox.

Maybe next time. :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by TimW »
TimW
Phoenix

Practical Tactical Tough Life. Tougher Gear.  Assaultvest.com

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 11:12:35 PM »
Tim, you seem to be the king of after-the-fact sales!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »