Author Topic: 2012 Spartan Tactical Challenge  (Read 3528 times)

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
2012 Spartan Tactical Challenge
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »
2012 Spartan Tactical Challenge I - (SPARTAC)

Date: 7-9 Sept 2012
Cost: $130.00 (Covers admission and ammunition)

Summary: The Spartan Tactical Challenge is designed to mix short tactical scenarios with interesting challenges such as rappelling, live fire courses, and hand to hand combatives. This is a one of a kind event where you will not only get to engage in force on force missions but also learn and play with new skills at your own pace. Many of our instructors are prior special operations members that will be fighting along side your team in the tactical scenarios as well as instructing through the challenges. This course is developed only to push you as far as your teams wants to go. No pressure, just a lot of tired fun!

Tactical Missions: These missions will be designed as force on force scenarios using airsoft equipment. You will be issued a Operational Order (OPORD) prior to the event along with any necessary Fragmentation Orders (FRAGO) prior to the initial mission deployment.

Special Missions: These mission will give you tasks to recover, protect, or destroy your objective before the enemy can. You will be issued a FRAGO with the necessary information.

Advanced Missions: Throughout the day teams will be given FRAGOs that will send them to accomplish advanced missions. These missions will involve a rappelling course and a hand to hand course. The rappeling course is designed for both beginners and advanced students. Don't worry if you are new to rappelling, we will be happy to teach you as we will have several lines setup. For those who are comfortable in rappelling we will teach you Australian style and have targets or opposing forces (OPFOR) setup to test your ability to shoot and move over steep terrain. Again it is up to you as to how far you want to go. We will also have a series of tactical live fire courses. These courses will give you the opportunity to learn how to shoot and move at the same time. We will also have a long range course where you will get to shoot a 50cal. Barrett M82 as well as other specialized rifles. The hand to hand combatives mission will give you to opportunity to learn some of the basic grappling that we teach to the special operations community. You will also have the opportunity to wrestle with your teammates in your full gear. (Minus your hard points such as radios, weapons, knives, etc.) Dont worry if you have never done this. That is the point. most have never tried it until they were in combat. That's a bit too late. Just remember you are here to have fun and gain new experiences.

Schedule:

In order to accomplish this challenge we have broken up the event into several missions. This will allow the teams to change up tasks and reduce down time and keep the terrain from wearing out the teams as we have seen in past events.

Friday
    1700hrs Sign in
    2100hrs Leader Briefing
    2300hrs Lights Out

Saturday
    0500hrs Deploy Team Recon Elements
    0600hrs Deploy Teams
    0630hrs Tactical Mission
    0800hrs Advanced Mission (Rappelling / Special Tactical Mission)
    1000hrs Advanced Mission (Special Tactical Mission / Rappelling)
    1200hrs Lunch
    1230hrs Deploy Teams
    1300hrs Tactical Mission
    1400hrs Advanced Mission (Hand to Hand / Special Tactical Mission)
    1600hrs Advanced Mission (Special Tactical Mission / Hand to Hand)
    1800hrs End EX

Sunday
    0800hrs Advanced Mission (Rifle-Pistol Course / Long Range Course)
    1000hrs Advanced Mission (Long Range Course / Rifle-Pistol Course)
    1200hrs End EX

-Stone

http://www.TacticalMilSim.com
  Honor the Fallen SPC Marc A. Anderson 1/75th Ranger KIA 3/8/02, AF

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Spartan Tactical Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 09:21:55 PM »
Hey Mark, I dont know if I'm IP banned or what, but I havent been able to get DNS resolution of combatchallenge.org for months... Neither in IE or Firefox.

Sounds like a great event though.

Offline headhunter

• Sergeant First Class
  • I'll give you my bbs...one at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 10:01:30 PM »
Hey Mark, I dont know if I'm IP banned or what, but I havent been able to get DNS resolution of combatchallenge.org for months... Neither in IE or Firefox.
i can't get any resolution in IE or google chrome
Primary: JG G36c
Secondary: WE Tech Biohazard M9

Offline stoneaglewolf

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tacticalmilsim.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
The only thing that has changed is that the site was moved to another server. Therefore you may have to flush your DNS.
-Stone

http://www.TacticalMilSim.com
  Honor the Fallen SPC Marc A. Anderson 1/75th Ranger KIA 3/8/02, AF

Offline Kileyhaz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »
Same issue here....

ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.combatchallenge.org/stc/

Get Firefox can't find the server at www.combatchallenge.org

I have tried on 3 separate machines with the same results.  I think our carrier in the office is Saavis and at home it's Comcast.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn\'t thinking"

Offline Fresnel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sergeant Major
  • Accuracy by Volume
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
I can't get on either, and I had a few friends who've never been to the site before try to get to it, and none of them could do it. Two live in whole other parts of the country, and at least one was running OpenDNS, for what it's worth.

EDIT: The /stc site works fine though, it's just the base domain giving issues.

Also, the challenges sound outrageously fun, I'll have to wrangle a few extra hours or something so I can get in on this.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 08:31:25 PM by Fresnel »

Offline pvtspanker

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »
A good event to attend...@stoneaglewolf, are airsoft equipment (AEG, GBBR) provided or do you have to bring your own? Are there any nearby hotels at the AO?

Offline Shadow

• Sergeant Major
  • Tappin' fools from 300'+
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »
Are there any nearby hotels at the AO?

Not worth it.  Camp Spartan is 14 miles up in the mountains South-Southwest of Prescott.  Plan on camping.
Six Charlie
Phantom Retired
Prop Wash Gang

Offline Red Devil

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
I was there for red dagger2 last year lots of mountain climbing and I hope this year they cover up the mine shaft holes that one of my team members almost fell in.
82nd Airborne 1989-1993 Rangers Lead The Way

Age,fac ut gaudeam!

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 06:37:49 PM »
I can answer these for stoneaglewolf.

A good event to attend...@stoneaglewolf, are airsoft equipment (AEG, GBBR) provided or do you have to bring your own?

No, airsoft equipment is not provided.  On the other hand all real fire arms and ammunition are provided for the shooting sessions.

Are there any nearby hotels at the AO?

Yes, there are hotels in Prescott but as mentioned by Shadow, they are about a 30 min drive away from the AO. So it's up to your personal preference but know we wont hold up the event if you are late for muster.   

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline DMAN007

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Is this a team only event or are small groups welcome?(2 or 3 guys)

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 09:07:51 PM »
Is this a team only event or are small groups welcome?(2 or 3 guys)

Large groups, small groups and individuals are welcome to join.  Individuals and really small groups (2-3) will be combined with others to form a larger squad/team for the event. 

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
I hope this year they cover up the mine shaft holes that one of my team members almost fell in.

Chris if you remember what area that was located in, please send me a PM and I'll make sure it gets addressed.

At previous events we have scouted out the areas of play and clearly taped off those danger areas as off limits. After learning about this close call, we will definitely be doing this for this AO!

Don't be an Escalefter.

Offline Archer

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »
I hope this year they cover up the mine shaft holes that one of my team members almost fell in.

Chris if you remember what area that was located in, please send me a PM and I'll make sure it gets addressed.

At previous events we have scouted out the areas of play and clearly taped off those danger areas as off limits. After learning about this close call, we will definitely be doing this for this AO!

mad sarge, it was little north of alpha x-ray. i believe this is the exact spot, 34.406195,-112.422705, i may be wrong, Chris can probably confirm
Team A.D.M.

Offline -MAD- SARGE

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »
Thanks to both of you for the info, this will be addressed. 

Don't be an Escalefter.