Author Topic: Anyone make it to SGC on the 4th?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline KamikazeSM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
Anyone make it to SGC on the 4th?
« on: July 05, 2005, 01:26:48 AM »
They had a smokin deal going on at Scottsdale Gun Club yesterday (the 4th).  As an Independence Day promotion, they were doing free use of some of their automatics.  No lane fee (which happens to be rediculously high there for non-members :( ), no rental fee, just the cost of a mag, which happened to be $10.  About 3x what I'd pay for the ammo elsewhere (at least for the 9mm), but still, all considered, a damn good deal for air conditioned shooting.  Unfortunately, the G36, the Ak47, the UMP, and the AUG were down, though they still had the 18C, uzi, p90, mp5a2 and a4, m16a1,a2, M4 and the M635.  We opted for the m4 and the mp5.  I ran a few mags through each and, man, that mp5 was a thing of beauty.  The m4 was just a little more exciting than a normal AR, but it was still worth it.  The best part was probably the guy rocking on the M249 in the next lane  :D    Ahh, the (gunpowdery) smell of freedom!  I know where I'm spending next 4th of July!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:47:03 AM »
**** **** **** **** ****!!!!

My membership is wasting away while I'm in CA this summer. DAMMIT!

They never said anything about this in their email newsletters. I'll have to go shoot a lot whenever I am back to make up for this.

](*,)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team

Offline KamikazeSM

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:06:53 AM »
It was just lucky timing on my part.  I was planning on shooting [strike]at[/strike] with the fam this past weekend and it happened to be up on their front page.  Would you say the membership is worth it?  Any special perks?

Did I mention the MP5 was AWESOME?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KamikazeSM »
\"I will not fail, I will not falter, B.Co leads the way!\"
\"Books, my young padawan, are the food of the mind.\" -The All-Knowing Rev

Offline Greg

• Colonel
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 02:47:34 AM »
Membership is mainly for the range. If you go enough that the range fees get close to the membership fee, then it makes sense. Other than that, the main benefits are guest passes, a free MG rental on your birthday, some discounts, and they will match any price you find in stock in the area.

I have a red, white, and blue membership, which is half the normal price (25 instead of 50, and no start-up fee), so it is usually worth it to me.

edit: They dropped the normal membership a bunch. It's now 30, instead of 50 and 100 for the startup fee instead of 200, I think.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Greg »
-Greg of Christian\'s Team