Author Topic: Good Glock GBB Pistols?  (Read 1643 times)

Offline kevindagee

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Good Glock GBB Pistols?
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
I'm looking for a nice Glock, preferably a Glock 18c. Anyway, lately I've been getting into the looks of Glocks and I'm just wondering who makes a good airsoft Glock. I'm trading one of my EOtech replicas for a KWA ATP, and I heard those were good. But I'm also looking for an extra Glock GBB pistol, and I really like the look of two-tone Glocks, especially the silver slide/black frame combo. I've also heard some good stuff about the TM Glock 18c, but is it really worth it? Also, I know there aren't too many airsoft companies that make Glocks, but if you know of some that are good, please tell me. Some input would be great.
Custom P* MK18
Custom DSG HK416
KWA LM4 Magpul Edition
WE SAI M&P9, Tokyo Marui Custom G17, Tokyo Marui Custom Hi Capa

Offline WVAirsofter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • FNG
    • View Profile
Re: Good Glock GBB Pistols?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
I am a noob so take this for what it's worth :) Most pistols I have found are more of a pain to deal with than they are good. Even with the high cost Glocks the term "good" is hard to define. I have a Glock 18c that I took to an airsoft tech and he did not want to touch it because he said, and I quote "You have the Holy Grail of Glock G18c's and I don't want to touch it" end quote.  So, I ask what does that meen?  Do I have a good gun or do I still have a gun that is not up to my standards? I know that opinions can be very helpful but, your search is still going to be hit or miss. I do hope you can find what you're looking for. Funny thing is I got mine in a box of basic airsoft guns that I bought as a lot. The owner did'nt know what he had. Good luck :)
"I may be dumb but, I am not think as u stupid I is" Dry, Dry, Dry.......

Offline Tiedyeftw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sergeant
  • custom custom custom custom custom
    • View Profile
Re: Good Glock GBB Pistols?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
The Kwa ATP is the best to train with. It's basically a G17, and is very well made, (compared to the old KWA/KSC G18c's, which are rattley and more of a "Designer gun" rather than a training pistol. They are more exotic now in the airsoft world, and Parts for them are also hard to come by).
The GOOD thing about the Kwa ATP/G18c mags- is that they have spring bb follower guide "locking"feature that allows you to load bb's SOO much easier. That, and their magazine lip is made of metal. Plus, they hold gas great. A+ for the ATP. not so much for the g18c.

BUT
WE Tech makes a G18c now that you can order in two separate pieces.

Slide- http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=38090
Frame- http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41762

They are constructed very well, and they are also skirmishable. The design of the gun is based off the Tokyo Marui platform G18, and is mechanically designed better than the Kwa/Ksc kind...Mostly because they have LOTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of replacement/ upgrade parts available.
And most notably, Theyre CHEAP! at $100 for a G18c, you just can't beat that.
So look into it :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:35:51 PM by Tiedyeftw »
I realize that while most people suck, there are still some genuine characters that exist out here. I'll show my appreciation by being genuine in return.
Love the sport.