Author Topic: interested in ICS MGL....  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Illh4veAcoke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Corporal
  • ShadowViper Airsoft Team
    • View Profile
interested in ICS MGL....
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:33:44 AM »
Ive been really interested in picking up an ICS MGL to rock for some CQB...and just run a sidearm with that as my loadout for TAS.  Suggestions? Negatives?

Offline Shdsteel

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Major
    • View Profile
Re: interested in ICS MGL....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 12:45:38 AM »
To me, the mgl is just a large shotgun if you plan on using the bb shower shells. Up to you if you want that type of weight and price of 6+ shells.

Offline Exarach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 01:46:58 AM »
haha, its not worth it. take it from the guy that uses these all day. 6 shots and dry run isn't a good thing. Its all about cover. If you are going to use it to keep the heads down, so your buddies can advance, might work, but, the reload time and weight isnt worth it.

Best tempe runner is a pistol.....and a load of mags....and a claymore hahahaha.

IDk, I brought my launchers last week for fun, and they did get people to duck.

I am going to bring some snap-launchers this week, and I hope the Bangs are loud enough to get people to duck.

The six shot revolver launchers have always been kind of a gimmick. very cool to look at, very unpractical to use.

Unless you live in Russia...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zTy84rBxY
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:11:30 AM by Exarach »
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline Illh4veAcoke

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 01:50:39 AM »
More or less what you said. Suppression control then switch to sidearm.
Would I be better off thinkin shotgun?

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »
Burn it with fire.

Agree with Exarach on this one. Find a pistol you like, buy a few mags, and you got a rocking CQB piece. Otherwise, go with a small AEG and some mids.

The 40mm's are fun, but it quickly becomes a question of finances. Since TAP is field BB only, you'll be shelling out for A LOT of Elite Force ammo. 60 rounds is better spent in an MP5 mid or 1911 GBB mag that you can direct each BB where it needs to go.

Alternatively, if you're still digging the multi-shot concept, check out a tri-shot spring or a 5-shot gas shotgun. They're both awesome close in fighting pieces. The tri-shots load from shells and are as much fun as you should be allowed to have. Traded mine a while back and miss it every now and again. You would be very well served with one of those.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:17 AM »
ACM M500. and no regrets. Check it out
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a noob in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

Offline nukeduster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
New TM M870... nuff said.

Offline Exarach

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
New TM M870... nuff said.

I was going to include this, but, I would let it be proven first. The concept and videos look good, but it may be another TM Mp7......

for x2 the price of the acm, I wouldn't want to gamble. My TM pistols like to throw pieces hahah.
\"Friendly fire isn\'t\"

Offline Illh4veAcoke

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »
Now the question is Pump/Spring or GBB..  Is this just how much I want to spend or are there advantages to running gas in a shotgun?

Offline Fung Li

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sergeant First Class
  • Science, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
Now the question is Pump/Spring or GBB..  Is this just how much I want to spend or are there advantages to running gas in a shotgun?
It's just like a gas or spring sniper if I'm not mistaken.  The action is easier to cycle on a gas powered shotgun, however if you're using it for cqb the spring will be pretty weak so it doesn't really make a difference. I've used both types of shotguns before in a cqb setting, and never really noticed a difference in them.  Fun as hell to play with, I might add.

Offline Bob Z Moose

• Second Lieutenant
  • The $$60,000,000,000 Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 01:39:42 AM »
Only slightly necro post. Breath, damn it!

I would stay away from the gas shotguns, for now. There's a few parts and a lot of things that can go wrong with them. The springers are simple as can be. Load shell, pump action, shoot, repeat until empty, then reload. For the cost of a Chinese gas shotty, you could have 2-3 spring trishot. I would recommend the pistol grip or full stock models. The adjustable stock one tends to work itself loose and finding the correct screwdriver at the correct length is a bit of a challenge unless you happen to have a very well stocked toolbox.
Team Manaconda
Don't dick with us!

Offline jdmsquadleader

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 01:23:02 PM »
if u must a have a launcher a single shot one would be best i owned a ics glm mgl or whatever after 6 shots ur screwed cause the loading and unloading of 6 shells and winding of the launcher takes too long i owned a maruzen 870 the only disadvantage of that is it ejects shells and is low powered, fun as hell and very sturdy but unless u wanna search for shells after a game i would not suggest a maruzen 870
jdm

Offline Illh4veAcoke

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »
ha didnt even know this thread was still alive...my bad.  already got a trishot n a MadBull Xs... love em both.