Author Topic: Air Nozzle Problem  (Read 2620 times)

Offline ibob4tacoz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Air Nozzle Problem
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
So I currently have a problem on my hands. I was playing airsoft yesterday when my gun stopped shooting. BBs weren't feeding and as I said, the gun wasn't shooting. The ref helped me pull off the upper reciever on the gun (Javelin Super CQB) and the air nozzle is stuck in the forward potion. Pulling the trigger seems to work the piston, but the nozzle just sits there. Any help?
Tacos, airsoft, PC, music, and air. That's all I need.
So, anyone into audiophilia?

Offline ibob4tacoz

• Private
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Air Nozzle Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
BTW, I've had this gun for 2 months and I'll still try to call Rvike for warranty, but in the meantime, I want to know what's wrong. I've probably ran about 5000 through it.

Offline Edward McRichy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
So I currently have a problem on my hands. I was playing airsoft yesterday when my gun stopped shooting. BBs weren't feeding and as I said, the gun wasn't shooting. The ref helped me pull off the upper reciever on the gun (Javelin Super CQB) and the air nozzle is stuck in the forward potion. Pulling the trigger seems to work the piston, but the nozzle just sits there. Any help?

So here is a link to what the inside of the gearbox looks like.  https://www.google.com/search?q=airsoft+gearbox&rlz=1C1EODB_enUS533US533&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&imgil=dgREyuFCLyn9pM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSzFGBBuTAZWaJ9VIqO0u7kk2pVKXao17fWfNRaZ2UCS7wpBQBR%253B450%253B215%253BrwcpyPI-twnC-M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.airsplat.com%25252Fairsoft-definition.htm&source=iu&usg=__DiTdCL3i_KPsqHUXzjYZzPtlfUQ%3D&sa=X&ei=xrlKU4uBKKr88AGsv4HYDw&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=dgREyuFCLyn9pM%253A%3BrwcpyPI-twnC-M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.airsplat.com%252FImages%252Fgearbox.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.airsplat.com%252Fairsoft-definition.htm%3B450%3B215

Firsts off, i'm not an expert but I've had a few gear boxes opened several times so i'm very familiar with the layout of the gearbox and what everything does.  If it is stuck then it sounds like something is broken, jammed or loose.  The tappet plate and spring would be the first thing I would look at.  If you choose to send it back to Evike for warranty repair (assuming it's still under warranty) then you will most likely be without that gun for a month or more.  Or you could pay to get it fixed locally and have your gun back in a few days or so.  For east valley tech service seek out Warlord (LynchTec).
"Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" - Maj. Gen. James Mattis

Team: Crossfire
Position: Guy who keeps breaking his gun

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:22:13 AM »

Though it is not far west valley, you could check with Spazz at Command Post 19ave & Union Hills, Good Luck with it!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 11:41:28 AM by Old Dog »
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...

Offline ibob4tacoz

• Private
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 01:59:02 PM »
Yeah, one of the guys I was playing with said that it might've been a broken tappet plate or something. Could you give me a few shops' names?

Offline ibob4tacoz

• Private
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Also, how much would it cost? Include parts and labor.

Offline Old Dog

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Master Sergeant
  • No Longer Cujo :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
Yeah, one of the guys I was playing with said that it might've been a broken tappet plate or something. Could you give me a few shops' names?

Hi again,

Try Spazz, he is a great tech, as far as cost, time ect, Spazz would be the man to talk to... APD around 39th ST & Bell would also be another, see Matt...
I am just a chalk line on the sidewalk waiting for the next rain to wash me off...
For the time I am here I am what I am...