Author Topic: Basic Battle Tactics Discussion  (Read 2538 times)

Offline seanm028

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
Glad to see that you're updating that thread again!

I liked the room clearing section, it made sense to me.

Only problem was that the image "http://www.freewebs.com/fireheadda/MOUT.JPG" seems to be a broken link.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by seanm028 »

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
With regard to room clearing...

Grenades > All
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pheonix 797 »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »
Yes, I am aware of the "red x's". My host for images was having problems last night, so the images wouldn't load.

Phoenix 797:

Yes, genades are great. You have to take in alot of consideration in real combat. Thickness of walls, civilians on the inside, do you need to snatch and grab somebody, ect. For airsoft, throw as many grenades as you want.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline azsarge

• General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
Yes, I am aware of the "red x's". My host for images was having problems last night, so the images wouldn't load.

Phoenix 797:

Yes, genades are great. You have to take in alot of consideration in real combat. Thickness of walls, civilians on the inside, do you need to snatch and grab somebody, ect. For airsoft, throw as many grenades as you want.

Ian, when was the last time you saw any indigenous structures in the Ghan that can handle a frag and stay standing?:lol:  You guys use any of those golfball-size bastards or the fiber-cased grenades (Mk2, I think)?

I don't know shit compared to Ian, but I will say that there are about as many methods for room clearing as there are ways to arrange the bad guys inside.  

I've seen some "room clearing" in the mountains with a "N" model Hellfire.  Homeboys' house needed a bit of remodeling afterward.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by azsarge »

Offline Airsofter1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • airsot airsona
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 10:39:13 AM »
Whoa, the Army has me trumped for the most expensive room clearing technique then.  My technique only involves one bb and $1000+ in dental work.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Airsofter1 »

Offline Whiskey11

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »
Hey great job, that parallels everything that i was tought from three different branches (One US Army served his terms in Iraq, one Marine, also served in Iraq and an AF Intelligence officer who has nothing better to do but practice to go to Iraq)  The only thing that is different is the wedge formation.  I was tought that the SAW gunner is supposed to be on the offside (Putting either the person with the highest ROF or longest range) on the weak side (where the grenadier is now) to balance out firepower on all the sides.   Obviously yours makes sense as well as the Grenadier is indeed a force multiplier like the SAW is.  

I just thought I'd ask since it had me slightly confused as to which is right :)

Good Work :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Whiskey11 »

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
Whiskey11:

Great question. The team leader can control it however they choose. This is one way of doing it, and just an example. I have been taught both ways. No matter what, the two will always be next to the team leader, with the rifleman on the far end. This is done in order to maintain proper fire controls.

Christian, we have M67s. We also have flashbangs too. As far as houses go, most of them probably can't take a grenade blast.

There are tons and tons and tons of ways to clear rooms. This is an example, going through the motions ect. Keep in mind, if you do use this in combat, its becuase you need to get in there QUICK. Using this method will also tire you fast. Try clearing an entire block using this method, you'll get tired, then you get sloppy, then people die. But use what I showed you, as a base for what works best, for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline Pheonix 797

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »
And when I said that I was speaking purely from an airsoft perspective. An old-school concussion grenade (or most explosives in an enclosed area for that matter) have some nasty ramifications no doubt about it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Pheonix 797 »