Author Topic: LBV  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Ghostsequel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
The 1st one looks okay, same design as is made by a dozen companies already.  It'd be nice to have a pistol that accessible.  What you want to consider first and foremost, however, is what you want to carry.

That vest has 3 mag pouches for rifle mags, and if it does fit AK mags (which I don't know) you'll only be able to carry 3 of them on the vest.  For some reason, you can also carry 4 pistol mags... somebody's priorities are f*cked up.

The second vest...I dunno, I don't like it.  Also hard to tell if the pouches would fit AK mags.

I think your best bet would be to get a simple Molle rig, and get the pouches you need.  You'll spend a bit more, but you can still get what you want and need for relatively cheap if you shop around.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ghostsequel »

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 07:04:07 PM »
I agree, but 20 for an LBV is hard to pass up.

I'll keep looking, but I'de rather plunk the money I save from gear into my rifle.

-B00M!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 07:13:29 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

Offline Firehead

• Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 07:06:53 PM »
For the love of god, people hate ACUs as it is, but god don't soil its name with shitty gear.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Firehead »

Offline GrimUSMC

• Corporal
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 11:03:16 PM »
Quote from: "Firehead"
For the love of god, people hate ACUs as it is, but god don't soil its name with shitty gear.

Eh too late i think the army already did enough  :lol: BTW  i was in the base exchange today in a see of woodland camo and out comes this major in ACU's. Mind you the only thing he blended into was the tile floor and nothing else hahahaha
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by GrimUSMC »
Locate, Close With, Destroy

Offline Gantaliano Hoff

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.amsog.com
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 08:28:31 AM »
Boom, I don't know if you've heard it before, but you get what you pay for when it comes to gear. If you buy anything from infinity, you'll probably be wanting to buy something else before too long.

Legit kit is not that hard to come by. You just have to look around. Tactical Tailor is an REALLY GOOD place to get good gear for low prices. All their stuff is exlusive as well. You can't get it from anywhere else. Check out the "Good Companies" thread in the General off topic discussion. There is a bunch of good companies that poeple with experience have listed. There is also another thread in this gear section about "Good Gear" that people have used and tried out.

Shop around before you decide. There's good deals out there. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

PS. Tactical Tailor makes AK specific mag pouches...try looking.

www.tacticaltailor.com
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Gantaliano Hoff »

Offline Bagger

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »
Boom, I just picked up an IT LBV and like it quite well.  I'll vouch for its construction as far as fit and utility.  

Its not Nytanium, 1000 denier, super-unobtanium, etc.  but its constructed neatly and workable.  

Agreeing with Gant, I think a few foul weather / water ops, and it will start to behave like a $40 LBV.  But hey, this is airsoft, and in AZ, so neither are likely.

Not all higher priced gear is better though, and I don't mean to counter your point Gant, but rather to add to it, I think the spirit of your post is such.  Ask around about the expensive stuff before you get stuck with a $300 rig that looks outstanding on a maniquin.

Take a pic when you get that rig loaded up.

Regards, Bagger
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:53:22 PM by Bagger »

Offline Ganef

• Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • http://www.coyotetactical.blogspot.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »
How does someone become certified as a geardo?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ganef »
"Well, ain\'t we a pair, Raggedy Man..."

Offline alamaan000

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/ahwatac
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »
When someone pays attention to the build quality of gear, not just the price.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by alamaan000 »

Offline Bagger

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 05:51:42 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"

Good point Ganef.  I adjusted the wording.  I generally look for function, fit, build/durability, price.

Certified.. I suppose one would have paid $2495 for the 5 day course followed by a prometric exam of sorts, to then become a CMG.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Bagger »

Offline Raith

• Wait, what?
  • Global Moderator
  • Major General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
Quote from: "Ganef"

By taking this quiz!!!! http://www.airsoftarizona.com/forumbb/v ... hp?t=11044
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Raith »
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Offline B00MINATOR

• Sergeant First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 11:48:13 PM »
Quote from: "Bagger"
Boom, I just picked up an IT LBV and like it quite well.  I'll vouch for its construction as far as fit and utility.  

Its not Nytanium, 1000 denier, super-unobtanium, etc.  but its constructed neatly and workable.  

Agreeing with Gant, I think a few foul weather / water ops, and it will start to behave like a $40 LBV.  But hey, this is airsoft, and in AZ, so neither are likely.

Not all higher priced gear is better though, and I don't mean to counter your point Gant, but rather to add to it, I think the spirit of your post is such.  Ask around about the expensive stuff before you get stuck with a $300 rig that looks outstanding on a maniquin.

Take a pic when you get that rig loaded up.

Regards, Bagger

Thankyou. That was a very informative post.
Thankyou too Hoff.

The main thing for me right now is just to grasp the general idea of a chest rig.
I want to try one out and see if it suits me.
I know the IT LBV will not be my only piece of gear. If I like the way it feels in combat, I'll upgrade.

I rather spend 40 bucks and find I hate chest rigs then spend 300 on a nice one.

Once again, you all have been GREAT help.
Thankyou,
-B00M!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by B00MINATOR »
Quote from: \"Winston Churchill\"
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.