Author Topic: actual capacity of star mags?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline holyhandgrenade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://themikecam.com
actual capacity of star mags?
« on: October 12, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
Hey guys, I ordered a couple Star mags that just arrived today and was wondering if they ever really hold the full 30 rounds as advertised? I've tried loading them a few times and only manage to get about 25 in before I feel like I'm going to break something.

On a complete tangential rant, I'm a bit ticked off at AirSplat, the place I ordered these from, because they somehow sent me M4 mags instead of the MP5 mags I ordered and because their customer service so far consists of a lot of form e-mails. Apparently sending me the wrong product is a "technical support" issue, rather than the domain of sales (whom one would think deals with orders) so my e-mail to sales was answered by a form mail saying it had been forwarded to tech support. Further, this issue is evidently too complex for their phone jockeys to deal with, so upon calling I was told that I should send them an e-mail. Brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by holyhandgrenade »

Offline deathbydanish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »
From my experience, loading the STAR mags with a Tokyo Marui shotshell loader (30 rounds) has yielded the full 30 rounds.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by deathbydanish »
Saguaro Airsoft Team

The quietest move is the most efficient one.

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
i have a star mag, i know the tension ur feeling, shove them in there, itll all fit.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »