Author Topic: Beginner airsoft games?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline XPRIESTX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private First Class
    • View Profile
Beginner airsoft games?
« on: October 14, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »
Hey guys me and my friends do airsoft all the time, however the fastest gun any of us have only measures about 260 fps. Just wondering if anyone organizes games that we can participate in. Most games I find the lowest gun shoots about 300 fps which would just roll us, especially since I own the highest quality gun of the group and its a utg. Any help is appreciated
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XPRIESTX »
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47
Piece of S\'HIT gas pistol
Deagle spring pistol Through death comes experience

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner airsoft games?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 02:39:41 PM »
Quote from: "XPRIESTX"
Hey guys me and my friends do airsoft all the time, however the fastest gun any of us have only measures about 260 fps. Just wondering if anyone organizes games that we can participate in. Most games I find the lowest gun shoots about 300 fps which would just roll us, especially since I own the highest quality gun of the group and its a utg. Any help is appreciated

It doesn't matter what gun you have or the FPS, it's the skill that counts.  Marauders Airsoft has games almost every Saturday that you can come too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 02:43:30 PM »
Quote from: "babybackribs"
It doesn't matter what gun you have or the FPS, it's the skill that counts.  Marauders Airsoft has games almost every Saturday that you can come too.

Where? Also I know that the skill matters, but put it this way our guns are only accurate within 20 feet.
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47

Offline fathamburger

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 02:59:11 PM »
If you guys wanna roll playing beginnner guns only. I'm up for it, I see low end gunning and high end as just different styles of play. PM me with details.

I'm suprised JT isn't doing more to host beginner type games because I'm sure they have trouble moving those guns lol.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by fathamburger »

Offline holyhandgrenade

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
    • http://themikecam.com
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 03:01:49 PM »
I'd love to find people around here to play with more regularly. I've got a crappy UTG MP5 as well, but it's been having problems right out of the box, so I'm not sure if it even shoots up to the velocity of yours.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by holyhandgrenade »

Offline KOBO

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 03:42:41 PM »
As far as beginner games, the best thing is just to get out there and do it. There may be some problems due to the guns that you use, but you just need to change your tactics, obviously you are not going be able to stand toe to toe with someone and try to out power them, just have to involve stealth into your game. I know a couple people that just started with a gas blow back pistol and went to war with that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by KOBO »

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 04:07:14 PM »
Where? Also I know that the skill matters, but put it this way our guns are only accurate within 20 feet.

It's around 200th ave. and Bell.  It doesn't matter about your range.  There's a town that is perfect for some CQB.  You can visit www.marauders.us for more info.

Religion is a joke.

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 05:28:10 PM »
oh
this is some good info for me too..
i want to get out of the shooting each other in the backyard and play some real games. i guess ill start at marauder :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by hawkeyz799 »

UTG AK-47 Commando w/M100 spring in near future

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the link, damn they look serious in that picture...Reminds me of that rapist look.. hmm wonder why.
Also about changing the tactics, I don't mean to be negetive but taking a UTG to one of those airsoft games would be like knife in a gun fight. Plus I'm more of a rusher, I wear all white, a shiny belt buckle, a flame beanie, and I can't stand silence.
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47

Offline supporter

• Master Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.goarmy.com
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 09:51:14 PM »
Thanks for the link, damn they look serious in that picture...Reminds me of that rapist look.. hmm wonder why.
Also about changing the tactics, I don't mean to be negetive but taking a UTG to one of those airsoft games would be like knife in a gun fight. Plus I'm more of a rusher, I wear all white, a shiny belt buckle, a flame beanie, and I can't stand silence.

:-({|=

We all start somewhere i guess.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by supporter »

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »

Rapist look?  :?   And there's people that come out with UTG's all the time, one kid even came out with one of those CYMA shotguns.

Religion is a joke.

Offline Nil8r

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • General
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 01:09:40 PM »
Quote from: "fathamburger"
If you guys wanna roll playing beginnner guns only. I'm up for it, I see low end gunning and high end as just different styles of play. PM me with details.

I'm suprised JT isn't doing more to host beginner type games because I'm sure they have trouble moving those guns lol.

We're in the process of purchasing property for an indoor field, and there will be plenty of beginner type games, as well as many scenerios focusing on the higher-end players.

As far as moving the "low end" guns, you couldn't be more off the mark. We have no trouble selling them at all. In fact, they outsell the more expensive items approximately 50-to-1.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Nil8r »

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 02:28:53 PM »

Rapist look?  :?   And there's people that come out with UTG's all the time, one kid even came out with one of those CYMA shotguns.[/quote]

hey lol
my backup is usually a shotgun :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by hawkeyz799 »

UTG AK-47 Commando w/M100 spring in near future

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »
Yea, but this was his main gun.

Religion is a joke.

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »
Yea, but this was his main gun.

i admire his bravery although I'm not driving 2 hours to a feild and get ass raped ;)
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47