Author Topic: Beginner airsoft games?  (Read 3972 times)

Offline luke16

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 04:49:53 PM »
i admire his bravery although I'm not driving 2 hours to a feild and get ass raped ;)

raped...... anyway, me and some kids from deer valley high school play every other week and the best gun would be my cyma mauri ak clone. we play close to lake pleasant in a wash. find some kids from school and play in your local abandoned lot. that is where the first airsoft game i played was held.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by luke16 »

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 05:18:10 PM »
Quote from: "XPRIESTX"
Quote from: "babybackribs"
Yea, but this was his main gun.
i admire his bravery although I'm not driving 2 hours to a feild and get ass raped ;)

stop exagerating.
i was talking to my friends and they said its perfectly fine.
its how i'm starting out right now, with a utg ak commando
i'm actually considering going to the op: terror as my first game.
i bet there will be other new ppl there, and if there isnt then i'm gonna be glad to play with more experienced players and get better so next time i will know more and more.  you just gotta risk it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by hawkeyz799 »

UTG AK-47 Commando w/M100 spring in near future

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 07:30:44 AM »
Quote from: "hawkeyz799"
stop exagerating.
i was talking to my friends and they said you just gotta risk it.

Very true, I'll have to talk my group... Like Luke16 said I also play with my friends in a dry creek bed out by D.c ranch. Theres about 5 of us, 3 of us have auto AKs 2 have Mp5s 1 M4. (I have two guns) Being that we only play Superman, and have no experience in any other tactic or playing style makes me critical of other games. I don't want to vouch for a game and then lead my friends into getting rolled/ ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by XPRIESTX »
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47
Piece of S\'HIT gas pistol
Deagle spring pistol Through death comes experience

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »
Quote from: "hawkeyz799"
stop exagerating.
i was talking to my friends and they said you just gotta risk it.
Very true, I'll have to talk my group... Like Luke16 said I also play with my friends in a dry creek bed out by D.c ranch. Theres about 5 of us, 3 of us have auto AKs 2 have Mp5s 1 M4. (I have two guns) Being that we only play Superman, and have no experience in any other tactic or playing style makes me critical of other games. I don't want to vouch for a game and then lead my friends into getting rolled/ ;)

but there is only so many ways to practice tactical situations outside of being in one.  i mean the best learning experience you will ever get is to go to one. Its not like when you get there you will be assigned a major order like go duck weave, 360 spin kick and disarm bomb.. You can still do many other things like: provide cover fire, rush along with other ppl, clear houses. secure bases ect. <<<Thats how i was when i went to my first paintballing/airsofting game.

Offline Marauders Airsoft

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marauders.us
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »
New players should try out our games at Marauders Airsoft.  Our field hosts open games on Saturdays that are perfect for any level of player.  Our staff specifically trys to even out all the teams so that the games are fun and action packed.

Those who have come out to recent games will probably agree that our main goals at these games are to:

1) Stay SAFE
2) Have fun
3) Introduce new players to organized airsoft events

Saturday games start out with general force on force skirmishes.  By the end of the day, we introduce milsim style missions and props into the game.  

If you are interested in milsim games, longer scenarios with objectives,   check out our monthly big games.  This months game, Ramadi Tales will feature multiple missions, vehicles, smoke roadside bombs, insurgents, and $500 worth of raffle prizes for only $30.  

Whatever your style of airsoft is, I am sure there is something for new players at our field.

I think I should turn this into a commercial  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Marauders Airsoft »
This account posts events held by Marauders Tactical Training and Havoc War Games.  Visit www.Marauders.us for more information.

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 03:19:48 PM »
Quote from: "Marauders Airsoft"
New players should try out our games at Marauders Airsoft.  Our field hosts open games on Saturdays that are perfect for any level of player.  Our staff specifically trys to even out all the teams so that the games are fun and action packed.

Those who have come out to recent games will probably agree that our main goals at these games are to:

1) Stay SAFE
2) Have fun
3) Introduce new players to organized airsoft events

Saturday games start out with general force on force skirmishes.  By the end of the day, we introduce milsim style missions and props into the game.  

If you are interested in milsim games, longer scenarios with objectives,   check out our monthly big games.  This months game, Ramadi Tales will feature multiple missions, vehicles, smoke roadside bombs, insurgents, and $500 worth of raffle prizes for only $30.  

Whatever your style of airsoft is, I am sure there is something for new players at our field.

I think I should turn this into a commercial  :D

+1
I think everyone who has been out there would agree that it is a perfect place for beginners to become exposed to organized airsoft.  Almost every game there are about 5 people who have never been to an organized game before.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by babybackribs »

Religion is a joke.

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 09:01:35 PM »
So when and where is the next game?
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 10:35:43 PM »
So when and where is the next game?

Marauders Airsoft Field, October 29th, I think.  It's in the game discussion section.

Religion is a joke.

Offline mustremember13

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner airsoft games?
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 01:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the link, damn they look serious in that picture...Reminds me of that rapist look.. hmm wonder why.
Also about changing the tactics, I don't mean to be negetive but taking a UTG to one of those airsoft games would be like knife in a gun fight. Plus I'm more of a rusher, I wear all white, a shiny belt buckle, a flame beanie, and I can't stand silence.

How in the hell are you not being negative. A UTG would work fine. The Different of even 100 FPS does not hinder your range as much as one would think. Especially in the urban area at The Marauders field. Additionally, that's a terrible anology. Knife in the gun fight?  Seriously.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by mustremember13 »

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 03:03:11 PM »
Quote from: "mustremember13"
How in the hell are you not being negative? Additionally, that's a terrible anology. Knife in the gun fight?  Seriously!!

Wow, you just a big al' ball a rage uh?

Also I like the Marauder game on the 29th sounds good, any gear that I need that is necessary? ( camo, ect)
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47

Offline babybackribs

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »
How in the hell are you not being negative? Additionally, that's a terrible anology. Knife in the gun fight?  Seriously!!

Also I like the Marauder game on the 29th sounds good, any gear that I need that is necessary? ( camo, ect)

Definately camo, SEALED eye protection, gun, and any extra mags and accessories.  And LOTS of money for the raffle tickets.  And mustremember13, he wasn't being negative, just voicing his opinion of his gun against others.

Religion is a joke.

Offline Ares

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/gtm2000
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »
my fisrt games were at splatter ranch in scottsdale with the marauders.. i had a glock 18c with a mag or 2.. i wore jeans and a black t shirt.. wore a full paintball mask.. it was fun as hell!! of course, i was a little intimidated by the marauders being all geared up. but i had a blast. just go with what you have and have fun.. so what if u dont start out with all the best weapons and gear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 05:00:00 PM by Ares »

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 03:59:19 PM »

Definately camo, SEALED eye protection, gun, and any extra mags and accessories.  And LOTS of money for the raffle tickets.  And mustremember13, he wasn't being negative, just voicing his opinion of his gun against others.

^^^^^^^^^ and bb's of course.

Offline XPRIESTX

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »
Definately camo, SEALED eye protection, gun, and any extra mags and accessories.  .

I don't own any camo, (neither does my friends) so we'll probally be in street clothes. Is it ok to use HI-caps? (Thats all I have)  Also I have a airsoft mask I bought from soft airdepot it doesn't have a plasic lens it only has wire mesh would I be ok with that?
Utg Mp5
Double Eagle metal AK-47

Offline hawkeyz799

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 06:17:19 PM »
Definately camo, SEALED eye protection, gun, and any extra mags and accessories.  .

I don't own any camo, (neither does my friends) so we'll probally be in street clothes. Is it ok to use HI-caps? (Thats all I have)  Also I have a airsoft mask I bought from soft airdepot it doesn't have a plasic lens it only has wire mesh would I be ok with that?

1) Woodland BDU's can be picked up really cheap.  I got mine for 30 dollar total. 15 for pants 15 for top.  You can always go in a pair of camo shorts/jeans and a camo shirt.  Thats how i started :).  I found mine at Hollister.
2) I dont know.  You can ask and they will tell you.  If you cant its probably because they want a more realistic game.
3) I heard some bad things about wire mesh, like bb's shattering and going through but i dont know if it is an urban legend or what.